• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

I agree the costumes from BvS have been great so far. Really my only complaint is the new Joker. I like everything else they've done recently just fine.

Leto is too pretty to be Joker. Joker is supposed to be ugly. Or at least averge-looking. But Nicholson was my movie joker, so, YMMV. And yeah the thug tattoos are.. Well, pretty different. Joker never seemed the tattoo kinda dude to me. My opinion doesn't matter though as I'll probably never see the movie. I don't tend to watch superhero films.

Leto is too pretty to be Joker. Joker is supposed to be ugly. Or at least averge-looking. But Nicholson was my movie joker, so, YMMV. And yeah the thug tattoos are.. Well, pretty different. Joker never seemed the tattoo kinda dude to me. My opinion doesn't matter though as I'll probably never see the movie. I don't tend to watch superhero films.

I almost forget it's Leto with the makeup on. Ledger was a good looking guy and that wasn't a problem.

Foofaraw

I think people missed an important part of my Sunstone post: does anyone want some Valiant trades, cuz I don't.

Really, I think I was expecting some Rat Queens style stuff. The cover doesn't look too far removed from Red Sonja or Vampirella. I'd seen Messi post some panels of cute relationship stuff, like Ally drooling when she was sleeping, so I bought it. It is a cute start of a relationship. I did recommend my gf read it as soon as I was done. Real talk, is his wife's comic, Bloodstained, any good?

Guys, I don't have rl comic friends, so it is up to you and war rocket Ajax to give me good comic recs and talks. I guess Oliva Wild gifs are an important part of the experience, too.

Messi

But ledger was also hot :/

Leto will be a great Joker no doubt, but even if this costume from earlier in the movie... dunno, it's not making me go WOW. I remember when they revealed Ledger's Joker for the first time (just the make up and smeared out lipstick) it blew my mind. I dunno, I feel they're trying to make Joker look more EXTREME AND MORE MODERN LOOK AT IT.

It's making me say WOW THAT IS A BAD COSTUME. I'm not saying that Leto won't be a great Joker, but they dressed him like a pimp. He's even got the pimp cane.

Joker has always been pretty handsome looking to me. He's got that jaw.

You know what they say, a smile is the most attractive thing a person can wear.

Joker_Face-less.jpg

Owzers

I think people missed an important part of my Sunstone post: does anyone want some Valiant trades, cuz I don't.

Really, I think I was expecting some Rat Queens style stuff. The cover doesn't look too far removed from Red Sonja or Vampirella. I'd seen Messi post some panels of cute relationship stuff, like Ally drooling when she was sleeping, so I bought it. It is a cute start of a relationship. I did recommend my gf read it as soon as I was done. Real talk, is his wife's comic, Bloodstained, any good?

Guys, I don't have rl comic friends, so it is up to you and war rocket Ajax to give me good comic recs and talks. I guess Oliva Wild gifs are an important part of the experience, too.

You could read Nextwave, that's a comic.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate came in the mail for ps4, initial verdict tonight.

You know what they say, a smile is the most attractive thing a person can wear.

Still creepy.

--

Bought the rest of Morrison's Batman run in the Comixology sale. Not really sure what to expect in Incorporated but I've enjoyed his run a lot up to now.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate came in the mail for ps4, initial verdict tonight.

I have a feeling you won't like it. I can't muster any interest in AC at all anymore. Adding Black Flag to PS+ might be a good way to change my mind.

Messi

I had no problem with your post and felt you at the very least enjoyed it. You should keep reading. Vol 2 is my favorite and as the relationship deepens it gets so much better imo also something kinda awful happens in Vol 2. But shows how serious Sejic takes the bdsm part. Lots of Sex stuff too as more people come into it. The cuteness remains throughout and Ally continues to be a dork at all the right moments .

Bloodstain is good and is set in the same world as Sunstone. The two main characters are the people Ally plays computer games with and it's fun to see the little nods. Their art us really similiar. I'd wait for the first Vol to release in Jan and them continue onto deviantArt after.

I hope my gifs aren't ruining your time here.

I am glad you felt your gf might enjoy Sunstone.

I have a feeling you won't like it. I can't muster any interest in AC at all anymore. Adding Black Flag to PS+ might be a good way to change my mind.

Black Flag was the last AC game I played. I only stuck around that long because I couldn't say no to pirates. But it really did turn out to be a good game. If they made another Black Flag, I'd come back. Outside of that, it would take something extreme like an AC game set in Ancient Egypt or Feudal Japan to get me back. And Jesus FUCK Ubi, can we please have a female protagonist? None of this one guy, one girl bullshit. It's time to stop being butts and put all your eggs in one basket.

It's time to stop being butts and put all your eggs in one basket.

It's Ubisoft though, they are incapable of not being butts. It is simply their nature.

I bought all the Assassin's Creeds that were on Steam except Unity like two weeks ago. And all the Splinter Cells. And a Ghost Recon game. I'm not sure what I was thinking.

They could set the game on Mars,it wouldnt matter as long as the game has these meaningless fluff checklist collectibles,side quests.They need to take a good look at where the series is currently and change shit that obviously doesnt work,stop dilluting the franchise with these yearly iterations.People could actually treat new AC games as an event like other big AAA games and not a Netflix subscription like CoD or sports games.It still makes tons of money,so theyll probably keep milking it though.

Then again I'm not a fan of the franchise at all,it's very well done but ultimately shallow to me.The only game I played through was AC4 because of the naval combat,I never could play more than 1-2 hours of the other entries (and i really tried!) because of the atrocious 2 button combat system and its lack of depth.
I reckon we will get a full female protag for next game which will totally fail because of franchise fatigue so theyll be able to go "ah well,female protags dont sell"

Off topic: Has Revival picked up the pace yet? I read up till 19 or 20,cant remember but I felt it was kind of dragging on,saw its up to 34 now

Assassin's Creed 2 and Brotherhood are the only games worth 100%ing imo

I never 100%. Even Mad Max, which I spent too much time on, I didn't do any of the races except the one needed to progress the story. I didn't like that they made you change to an Archangel instead of letting me use my own car.

COMICS! I read all of Star Wars: Darth Vader last night and really enjoyed it. It helps that I watched A New Hope over the weekend so I was ready to dig into that time period. I would like a better artist, but it's readable. The parts in #6 and #7 (I think) where Vader
realises he has a son
and goes
back to Tatooine and literally erases his past
were excellent and added some nice context to the films. Probably going to watch Empire Strikes Back on Wednesday now, need to keep the hype train fully fuelled up.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
They should have made Norman the president back then in Dark Reign.
In this one issue, were he gives a TV Interview, he was like Trump.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
that looks like Flash and Ultron fused for a new Amalgam series

Afrodium

Banned
#44. It's not been collected yet, so you won't have read it...

Bah.

Anyway, Grant Morrison's JLA is... interesting. Partway through volume 2 atm. It's good, but... I guess it was overhyped a little for me. Because atm what I'm mostly getting is rock-solid but unexceptional Justice League shenanigans with a Morrison-y tint of wacky psuedoscience. It's highly entertaining stuff, mind, but it really isn't that much better than what we're getting nowadays, and with a few exceptions I'd put it below the current JL arc.

Oh, and the art is pretty rough.

Whereabouts in volume 2 are you? I agree that volume 1 reads like JLA hijinks that happens to be penned by Morrison, but Rock of Ages is pure Morrison. Personally I came away feeling it was a bit TOO Morrison and kind of collapsed under its own weight.

Top Bottom