• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Maybe he shouldn't make blanket statements about how often something is recommended if he is new. Also he isnt new.

I wasn't saying he was new. I'm saying people who are at lurk level would see that and be like "This is not a safe place for me to disagree with Messi. I'll just keep lurking and no one will ever hear about the time I visited my mom at the hospital she works at and heard Jack Kirby's final words."

PsychBat!

Banned
I wasn't saying he was new. I'm saying people who are at lurk level would see that and be like "This is not a safe place for me to disagree with Messi. I'll just keep lurking and no one will ever hear about the time I visited my mom at the hospital she works at and heard Jack Kirby's final words."

you'll never know if you don't go

you;; llnever shine if you dont GLOWALKJDF;SLKDJF

ONLY SHOOTING STARS BREAK THE MMOOOOLD

Hagi

tumblr_nkd1e7Czqd1s9mwh8o1_1280.jpg

The best thing to come out of this is the amazing lurkers Birdie is coming up with.

I think everyone should just post like me. Find a way to be creative and funny and engaging in ways that don't always just slam someone else's opinion. It's super easy and way more fun.

You make the thread hilarious and great to visit. I mean just look at my last two responses. Sensible responses, enhanced with specific references and details that brighten the thread.

Be like me. It's better than being like you.™

PsychBat!

Banned
ooooo

I can feel the crash coming soon

goodbye cruel world

my body is getting heavier

or is it my head

messi what have i done?E?

tell freeza, I liked her

I wasn't saying he was new. I'm saying people who are at lurk level would see that and be like "This is not a safe place for me to disagree with Launchpad. I'll just keep lurking and no one will ever hear about the time I introduced Matt Fraction to Gabriel Ba and Fabio Moon."

Who the hell am i even? I pop my head in maybe once a day (this is an odd occurrence that I'm still here right now) and make mostly comments about sales. I'm just stating my opinion that I don't like Kenpachi's attitude towards Sunstone being recommended and our community. I obviously don't represent this community. Anyone can just hit ignore on me if they feel the need you.

Besides which, I'm always open to spirited debates about serious topics regarding comics. Even if I don't agree with an opinion, I'll respect it as long as it's not actively disparaging members (new or old), which is what I feel like Kenpachi was trying to do here.

every other week I pop my head in here to see if this thread could be any more awful than it was last time. GIF spam, random Smash Mouth lyric spam, idiotic Sunstone argumentation, insular community memes, people admiting watching WWE (IN 2015)

shoutouts to the tryant raves of the world who try to read/talk about fuckin comic books from time to time, but I don't think you're welcome here anymore

Who the hell am i even? I pop my head in maybe once a day (this is an odd occurrence that I'm still here right now) and make mostly comments about sales. I'm just stating my opinion that I don't like Kenpachi's attitude towards Sunstone being recommended and our community. I obviously don't represent this community. Anyone can just hit ignore on me if they feel the need you.

Besides which, I'm always open to spirited debates about serious topics regarding comics. Even if I don't agree with an opinion, I'll respect it as long as it's not actively disparaging members (new or old), which is what I feel like Kenpachi was trying to do here.

You're an active member of this community.

Every post matters.

PsychBat!

Banned
every other week I pop my head in here to see if this thread could be any more awful than it was last time. GIF spam, random Smash Mouth lyric spam, idiotic Sunstone argumentation, insular community memes, people admiting watching WWE (IN 2015)

shoutouts to the tryant raves of the world who try to read/talk about fuckin comic books from time to time, but I don't think you're welcome here anymore

what is love

:(

Sorry JC, I know we suck. I miss you man. :(

You're an active member of this community.

Every post matters.

Ok, that's fair I guess. But I think Kenpachi's intent is still in question here. That's all.

Hagi

I bought Angela Asgard's Assassin but haven't read it yet. Secret Six Villains United is a thing I'm reading that's good! didn't know Bane wasn't in this volumes which is a shame but the book is still fun and better than Simones current run.

Messi

This post will surely help.

We have good days and bad days. Sometimes we talk about comics all day sometimes we don't. We aren't comics all day every day. No one can be, you burn out of comics like that. You don't like how we post here and that's fine.

I miss having you here JC. I am sad to see you don't feel the same about us.

I hate how right this guy is. If it were up to me, all posts would be people talking about comics they read. That's why I come here. Are there other good online places to go to talk about (especially non- big 2) comics? If so, someone tell me, please. I've tried CBR forums and they suck.

I like girl on girl, I'm into BDSM and I enjoy Sejic's art but Sunstone is boring. Just good for the sexy bits. I skimmed a lot of the text heavy pages. I like Sejic's current book Switch. But I would never recommend Sunstone except maybe to someone I knew was kinky.

Also fat shaming is gross, even when directed at Kevin Smith.

I hate how right this guy is. If it were up to me, all posts would be people talking about comics they read. That's why I come here. Are there other good online places to go to talk about (especially non- big 2) comics? If so, someone tell me, please. I've tried CBR forums and they suck.

I like girl on girl, I'm into BDSM and I enjoy Sejic's art but Sunstone is boring. Just good for the sexy bits. I skimmed a lot of the text heavy pages. I like Sejic's current book Switch. But I would never recommend Sunstone except maybe to someone I knew was kinky.

Also fat shaming is gross, even when directed at Kevin Smith.

I didn't mean to imply Kevin Smith wears jorts because he is fat. I meant he wears jorts because he has awful taste.

As someone who mostly lurks and posts on occasion, I don't think the off topic nature of the thread is a bad thing. Not many community threads are on topic all day everyday, it just wouldn't be as fun to me, and it does become a community and you become friends with people and talk about more than comics and some personal things. I'd probably post more if I had the time, but life isn't like that sometimes. It's not like comic discussion is completely ignored either.

Anyway now I want to talk about comics for some reason!!!!

I caught up with We Stand On Guard. Anyone know if it's an ongoing? That last page was fire (
LITERALLY???
)

Also read Earth 2 #2 (I'm super behind.) Really fond of this book.

Oh and how the HELL was there not an explosion of discussion when this Snyder/Jock Batman issue came out? Holy fuck, ripped from today's headlines. Just jawdropping and heartbreaking. Possibly the most effective piece of fiction about police brutality in any medium that I've seen.

Anyone else read that issue of Batman?

As someone who mostly lurks and posts on occasion, I don't think the off topic nature of the thread is a bad thing. Not many community threads are on topic all day everyday, it just wouldn't be as fun to me, and it does become a community and you become friends with people and talk about more than comics and some personal things. I'd probably post more if I had the time, but life isn't like that sometimes. It's not like comic discussion is completely ignored either.

Yep. Sterile as hell otherwise. Guess some people like that.

--

Really looking forward to Waid doing Avengers. That's a team I can get behind.

I didn't mean to imply Kevin Smith wears jorts because he is fat. I meant he wears jorts because he has awful taste.

Fair enough. The tweet you linked to was a Kevin Smith fat joke, though. And also proof he wear jorts, yes.

Eh, this guy sounds right, too. I'm a Canadan therefore obliged to be on everybody's side.

The joke is he wears Jorts and the costs because he is so fat.

He has lost like 80 Pounds recently and retired the jerseys.

Huh. I did not read it that way, as I've seen people of all shapes and sizes (but one singular taste level) wear jorts.

EDIT: Wait hang on he's wearing jorts in ALL of those pictures

So I was right? It's not a weight thing it's a jorts thing?

Messi

Huh. I did not read it that way, as I've seen people of all shapes and sizes (but one singular taste level) wear jorts.

EDIT: Wait hang on he's wearing jorts in ALL of those pictures

So I was right? It's not a weight thing it's a jorts thing?

He had what he called a uniform for years and it was Jorts and a jersey. He has bad style no doubt but he picked Jorts because of the weight in the first place.

The tweet you linked to is a fat joke but I see what you meant

i was listening to sktchd interview with cliff chiang and it was pretty great. you guys should give it a listen. chiang talks about how lets his artwork be a bit more sparse since he knows matt wilson will kill it on the colors.

He had what he called a uniform for years and it was Jorts and a jersey. He has bad style no doubt but he picked Jorts because of the weight in the first place.

The tweet you linked to is a fat joke but I see what you meant

I honestly legit thought it was a Bojack Horseman reference.

Hagi

Anyway now I want to talk about comics for some reason!!!!

I caught up with We Stand On Guard. Anyone know if it's an ongoing? That last page was fire (
LITERALLY???
)

Also read Earth 2 #2 (I'm super behind.) Really fond of this book.

Oh and how the HELL was there not an explosion of discussion when this Snyder/Jock Batman issue came out? Holy fuck, ripped from today's headlines. Just jawdropping and heartbreaking. Possibly the most effective piece of fiction about police brutality in any medium that I've seen.

Anyone else read that issue of Batman?

I'm a few issues behind on Batman but you make this sound pretty hype so i'll buy it when i get back from work later. We Stand On Guard is a really cool fucking book that I need to catch up on as well I bought all the issues during the NYCC sale but only read the first two.

Top Bottom