• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

So can I start the new book club in November or is the Stray Bullets one still going?

Didn't the Stray Bullets one kinda fall apart? People were reading at their own pace which made it impossible for any discussion. I finished it, so I'd rather not do that one again.

Maybe that's why JC is so mad.

Messi

My vote is for Ms Marvel. It might get wider appeal with the OT also. Plus I'd like to read along with folks and try to connect where I have clearly missed. I should love this book. But I don't. Help me.

Zombine

Banned
TV Alert:

Supergirl premieres tonight at 8:30 pm.

Zombine Alert:

Watched it 3 weeks ago at NYCC. It's cute, has a nice budget, she's hot as fuck, but they try to jam in way too much for one episode. The villain was unnecessary.

7/10. Signed on for the series. The extra point is for Black Jimmy.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
yooooooooooooooooooo where the fuck is this from and whats the story on this? o_O

4625850-4905169031-Batma.jpg

Justice League: No. Just no. It may have gotten better, but you would have to pay me to re-read everything up to Throne of Atlantis. I'm sure Darkseid War is great, but it's not worth trudging through everyone getting Amazo Ebola, that horrific origin arc and whatever the Villain's Journey was meant to be. Non-ComicGAF would want to murder us. Also, not finished.

Multiversity: Probably too weird and referential for newer fans. I know there's an arc plot, but the one-shots are too far apart for real discussion, IMO.

Ms. Marvel could be okay. It is pretty much over, at least until the new series.

I hope Supergirl does well, if only to put more pressure on Raw.

Zombine

Banned
Did you know:

More people watched Raw last weekend than some arbitrary number of people took bathroom breaks while watching Supergirl?

Messi

yooooooooooooooooooo where the fuck is this from and whats the story on this? o_O

Batman and Robin death of the family tie in I believe

Read Batman and Robin by tomasi and Gleason, be amazed by all the heart and feels. Imo the best batman book while it was being published.

Afrodium

Banned
I'm already close to halfway through 52, but it would be great for a book club if we're going for some low-brow cape books this time.

I'm already close to halfway through 52, but it would be great for a book club if we're going for some low-brow cape books this time.

I read it ages ago, but don't think I have the trades anymore. It would be a great excuse for me to buy the Absolute edition (that exists, right?).

We could read X-Statix?

Or Waid's Daredevil till he moves to SF. Reasonably lengthy, a nice stopping point, easy to access (On MU or three OHCs or in TPBs) and there might be wider interest because of the Netflix show.

Or Alias omnibus. Again, there might be wider interest due to the upcoming season and easy to collect - one omnibus.

Whereabouts in volume 2 are you? I agree that volume 1 reads like JLA hijinks that happens to be penned by Morrison, but Rock of Ages is pure Morrison. Personally I came away feeling it was a bit TOO Morrison and kind of collapsed under its own weight.

Um... not sure of the arc name, just wrapped the story with the Philosopher's Stone and the time traveling and Darkseid. Still felt pretty straightforward, just with more wacky words surrounding it (and also Wonderworld, which was pretty weird).

We could read X-Statix?

Or Waid's Daredevil till he moves to SF. Reasonably lengthy, a nice stopping point, easy to access (On MU or three OHCs or in TPBs) and there might be wider interest because of the Netflix show.

Or Alias omnibus. Again, there might be wider interest due to the upcoming season and easy to collect - one omnibus.

I've read all of those. I know a lot of people have read X-Statix, so I don't know how many would want to reread it. I would love to read Secret Warriors again. I haven't read it since the series ended. I bought the omni, though.

Zombine

Banned
My concern is making it not something that just appeals to us. I would like to get some outsiders involved. We don't have to read an entire arc, and it has to be something that the general public wouldn't mind dropping some coin on.

I had my heart set on Hawkeye, but Ms Marble and Alias are decent suggestions. The first two are what will get people the most excited IMO.

Love X-Statix, but ya'll need to be reasonable.

Gonna tweak the approach a bit as well. We're
Not going to read like 5 issues a day. I love you Kipp. Fuck you Kipp.

I had my heart set on Hawkeye, but Ms Marble and Alias are decent suggestions. The first two are what will get people the most excited IMO.

Love X-Statix, but ya'll need to be reasonable.

I'd be down for Ms. Marvel. I've wanted to reread it for a bit. I'm planning on getting the first hardcover next week when Sandman Overture and Invincible Ultimate Collection 10 drop.

Love X-Statix, but that is a big fucking book.

Afrodium

Banned
I just bought the Hawkeye omnibus and I prefer it not just rot on my shelf while I postpone a reread for new stuff, so I'm cool with that.

Think Hawkeye and Ms. Marvel are the best options, personally. Or an indie done-in-one book.

Daredevil is good as well, but maybe not Waid. Early Bendis, maybe? Are the Complete Collections of that still in print? I don't think people who are into the Netflix show (it seems pretty grim from what I saw of it) will be into the Waid version.

In all seriousness, I did really want to make a Hawkeye book club thread. If you guys actually care.

I also want to do one for Superior Foes and I was going to buy an omnibus to gift to a random member here. But I'm not sure anymore.

Hagi

In all seriousness, I did really want to make a Hawkeye book club thread. If you guys actually care.

I also want to do one for Superior Foes and I was going to buy an omnibus to gift to a random member here. But I'm not sure anymore.

I'd be interested in a Superior Foes book club I haven't got round to reading it yet. I've already read Hawkeye like 3 times and Ms Marble isn't something I have any interest in going through a second time.

checking on my dcbs shipment....Bombshell Batwoman is no longer in there.

O____O why.

What do you mean? As in no longer listed? Or was the order listed as filled and now is not?

Edit: OH I C. Mine is listed as "Next Shipment," but when I click on the order, it's empty. I wouldn't worry about it.

Yeah, Superior Foes! I read, like, the first half. It would be good to finish it.

I don't want to read Ms Marvel or Hawkeye (didn't like the first issues).

Ok, so, read the first arc of Rachel Rising. 25 issues. And I loved it so much. You just feel like you know the characters. All the fantasy stuff (
witchcraft
) was hella intriguing, too. I love this series and I'm really excited that Moore decided to carry on with the book, despite it's struggle to find a paying audience.

Squire

Banned
Alias would be convenient, given I ordered that omnibus.

Always down to read Hawkeye. Always.

Superior Foes is Nick Spencer-written, Tyrant Rave-approved 👌

I don't think anyone that doesn't lurk/post in this thread will want to read X-Statix, honestly.

ElNarez

Banned
Batman and Robin death of the family tie in I believe

Read Batman and Robin by tomasi and Gleason, be amazed by all the heart and feels. Imo the best batman book while it was being published.

either that issue or the one after has a super badass callback to Morrison's Batman and Robin which is one of the best things to come from that super messy storyline

Top Bottom