• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Regarding Peter David's Supergirl run, I'm definitely grabbing Many Happy Returns (#75-#80). Just wondering what else I should get in his run. I've heard good things about Matrix.

That's the ending! I'm not sure how to break it up. Like 1-50 is the angel stuff and then after that they do something else. There's little stories all in that but it's while doing the main story.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
COME ON AND SLAM AND WELCOME TO THE JAM!

after sleeping all day after my crash, I'm back.
Right in time!

Man, there are people in the Star Wars Trailer thread who think Chewbacca was ruined because he was two minutes in ROTS and did nothing.
Laughable People are laughable.

That's the ending! I'm not sure how to break it up. Like 1-50 is the angel stuff and then after that they do something else. There's little stories all in that but it's while doing the main story.

Ugh! I want to grab all of it! I'm going to get #1-#9 too... I may grab some more later this week.

Edit: I've seen so many recommendations online about Many Happy Returns. Should I just go in order instead?

Tizoc

Ugh! I want to grab all of it! I'm going to get #1-#9 too... I may grab some more later this week.

Edit: I've seen so many recommendations online about Many Happy Returns. Should I just go in order instead?

Well it might be best to get all of it to better appreciate the character, that tends to make finales have a much stronger impact IMO.

Boogiepop

Nothing for me from this IST update. For a bit of humor, though, somebody screwed up in copy and pasting data, so right now most of their description for the new One Piece volume is One Punch Man instead.

Boogiepop

(Since I trust you guys more than random gaffers, and the other threads moving too fast to get a response apparently...)

I actually never played any of their games. Are they indeed just interactive movies with QTE like I've heard from the reputation, or do they at least have some decent bits of choice shaping the plot's direction like in a visual novel, or maybe even like a full on adventure game setup? I legitimately have no clue.

The trailer looked interesting, for what it's worth.

After playing Beyond and its predecessor, I'm not all that excited for Detroit.

Tizoc, you have bad opinions. :(

I've enjoyed all of Quantic Dream's games so far. Say what you will about Cage's writing, but his games always have an emotional element to them. And it's more of a focus than most other software on the market. Some people like to ride bears, some people like to fuck robots. Everyone's different. :D

PsychBat!

Banned
I wanna be like you

i wanna talk like you, walk like you ooooOOOOooo

You'll see it's true

an ape like meeee

can learn to be huuuuman toooooOOOoo

You can make a game as realistic as you like, you can make the characters as human and emotional as you like, but I'd eprsonally settle for whack and crazy awesome gameplay instead.
Case in point
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyUsUntBQCI
And that's just THE INTRO
Japanese history is friggin awesome.

I like action games, too. And I wasn't implying that I'm not going to play WiLD. I just really love sci-fi stories that bring up the question of whether or not robots can be comparable to humans. And you can't deny that we get far more action games than we do games that are heavy on the feels.

Tizoc

I like action games, too. And I wasn't implying that I'm not going to play WiLD. I just really love sci-fi stories that bring up the question of whether or not robots can be comparable to humans. And you can't deny that we get far more action games than we do games that are heavy on the feels.

Ah but that brings the question of what one means by 'comparable to humans'
I'm already reading a comic that has 'robots' comparable to humans; they have flaws, they love, they have prejudices, they love art, they see the good in the world and the universe, etc.

In the end it's all a matter of sentience, once you go past that or acknowledge it, little gets to impress one (or at least me :3)

Mind you I had already decided to play Detroit but...only as a rental >_>

Thing is there ARE non-action games out there, ya gotta just expand your horizons :3

Top Bottom