• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Hagi

Guys, I am so confused. What is even going on here. Is this good or terrible?

I think it might be terrible.

Looks good to me but I'm loving everything about that movie even the direction they are taking Leto's Joker.

Major spoiler from the end of this week's Flash below.
I can't believe we got live action
King Shark

http://gfycat.com/IdioticDazzlingCougar

Oh fuck the first two episodes of the new season weren't that great but I'll be damned If I'm stopping now.

Messi

OMG Ancel's new game Wild looks amazing and the end of that demo has a
super hot EVIL snake lady. I love me some EVIL snake ladies.
. FREEZA WATCH IT.

Hagi

OMG Ancel's new game Wild looks amazing and the end of that demo has a
super hot EVIL snake lady. I love me some EVIL snake ladies.
. FREEZA WATCH IT.

That was so cool. Unless there are some big reveals at Playstation Experience Wild is my most hyped game for next year.

Hagi

I watched it before you, brah. I'm all about giant sexy snake ladies.

Freeza all about that lamia life.

Is it coming next year? It seems like a bit of a stretch. Anything before late 2016 seems unlikely.

Was it not part of the 2016 segment? I forget. I think he did say they were still early in development but even if it isn't out by next Christmas I'll still be looking forward to it. Next year is going to be stacked from the get go anyway.

Messi

It doesn't really ramp up till mid season I thought, then it gets consistently really good.

I am only 10 eps in and think it is fantastic. It gets better? Awesome. I love the dude Scofield plays.

Sigh, TMNT. Waiting patiently for that ohc #2 that is a total ripoff to come out and be decently priced...

I thought we established that is it the same amount of issues as the first HC? or are you just unhappy about IDWs trade prices in general? I can agree with that.

I am only 10 eps in and think it is fantastic. It gets better? Awesome. I love the dude Scofield plays.

I thought those first few episodes were awesome, but it really does get better. The finale is one of the biggest mindfucks, and not in a way anyone expects.

Re:TMNT: I thought it only had 9 issues? The first one has 12, I believe, plus the microseries oneshots.

Hagi

Yup once things start to come together it gets really good. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the first season.

He hams that role up to the fucking max and like 7 times out of 10 it actually works. The other Scofield brother is also pretty hilarious as Heatwave.

Yup once things start to come together it gets really good. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the first season.

He hams that role up to the fucking max and like 7 times out of 10 it actually works. The other Scofield brother is also pretty hilarious as Heatwave.

Bruh, any scene with Barry and his dad is guaranteed waterworks from me.

Messi

I thought those first few episodes were awesome, but it really does get better. The finale is one of the biggest mindfucks, and not in a way anyone expects.

Re:TMNT: I thought it only had 9 issues? The first one has 12, I believe, plus the microseries oneshots.

Yeah and that adds up to the same amount of issues and I was led to believe the mini series issues were of the same quality as the main book. I have no problem if that is true. Id rather have it all collected.

Squire

Banned
Of course it was. After playing Until Dawn, I'm not even remotely surprised by what the hardware can do.

Yeah, the video looked totally believable at this point.

Terry Moore drew Death. Thought you guys might like it.

Excellent! From where is Death?

Guys, I am so confused. What is even going on here. Is this good or terrible?

I think it might be terrible.

Fucking awful. Christ.

Yeah that game looks legit. I've cooled off on Horizon and the robot dinosaurs in favour of Wild I think. Stealth with rabbits is just amazing, watching the Giant bomb stream and seeing them flip out during this segment was just the best. I want to ride a bear and have an eagle friend who'll help me fight cannibals.

I need to see some gameplay for Detroit and play Beyond. The sci-fi setting and themes they seem to want to cover appeal to me off the bat though. I was not expecting in the slightest for Detroit to be the city David Cage was hyping up.

Yeah, I'll probably play Horizon, but I think it just looks very derivative. Like its good, but possibly missing something to really set it apart. (Apart from having a female protagonist, which I do appreciate.)

Messi

Yeah, the video looked totally believable at this point.

Excellent! From where is Death?

Fucking awful. Christ.

Yeah, I'll probably play Horizon, but I think it just looks very derivative. Like its good, but possibly missing something to really set it apart. (Apart from having a female protagonist, which I do appreciate.)

She is from Sandman.

These are my favorite death commissions . By Chris Bachalo.

ywJBcRl.jpg

maN6dLZ.jpg

Hagi

Bruh, any scene with Barry and his dad is guaranteed waterworks from me.

I was like that as well which makes it all the funnier for season 2.

I'll buy it for the robot dinosaurs and the encounters themselves seem cool but yeah I haven't seen anything new from it yet that has me shouting from the rafters about it. I think we've dragged Year of the Bow™ on for too long at this point as well.

You're a futuristic cave woman hunting FUCKING ROBOT DINOSAURS. What more do you want?

Boogiepop

Yeah and that adds up to the same amount of issues and I was led to believe the mini series issues were of the same quality as the main book. I have no problem if that is true. Id rather have it all collected.

This is accurate on both counts. And the mini series have also been plot important for the most part (though some later down the line like Turtles in Time and of course the Ghostbusters crossover are not so much on that count, though still good).

Afrodium

Banned
It doesn't really ramp up till mid season I thought, then it gets consistently really good.

Alright, I guess I'll stick with it a bit longer. Does the villain of the week format continue or does that subside once the mythos is more established?

Vyer

I havent read Low yet. I have it on my stack right now. I hope its better than Black Science. I think BS just tends to keep running and doesnt really build on why I should care outside of the gorgeous art. Tocchini's artwork is the main draw for buying Low for me.

I think it is. Back when BS and Deadly Class came out I actually liked BS a bit more. But it feels like its lost some steam and Class really took shape. I just really think if you'll find that personal connection Remender is making with his work even stronger in Low.

King Shark

holy shit

I really gotta watch this show.

Hagi

Alright, I guess I'll stick with it a bit longer. Does the villain of the week format continue or does that subside once the mythos is more established?

It eases off a little mid way but it never truly deviates till the last few episodes. The monster of the week stuff will tie into the overarching plot better the further you get into the show.

So, just wrapped up the Prometheus Unbound arc from Morrison's JLA... thought it was a real step down from Rock of Ages. The league's struggle against Prometheus felt like what they'd have to deal with fighting the Bat-god; not the one that occasionally turns up in the comics, but the one that people who hate Batman but never read comics thinks exists. Really annoying to read.

Plus, since it's a JL book, it's getting jerked around a bit by other series. All-New Wondy being the prime example of "what on earth is going on here."
I remember reading that when I was a wee lad and enjoying it a lot.
King Shark

WHUZZAT!?
Erm extreme nerd nitpick, but did they confirm that is who that was? There's an almost identical Green Lantern villain.
According to multiple websites, yes, that is
King Shark
It stays, for the most part. The plot becomes stronger after the midseason, but it is still very, very much "Villain shows up, does things, Barry does something he didn't do before and advances his mastery over his powers. Also, season long plot arc develops."

Started reading Joe Golem and the Drowning City, which is an illustrated novel by Christopher Golden and Mike Mignola. Very basic book that has an interesting setting and lore heavily steeped in Lovecraft. It feels very much like a Hellboy story, without any Hellboy trappings, save for the focus on cosmic horror.

It's an enjoyable book so far, and seeing some of Mignola's art from time to time certainly helps the experience. I'm halfway through, and it's not genre-bending or anything, but it certainly is a very enjoyable action-adventure book.
WHAT. That's honestly crazy and amazing to me.

Guess where all the budget went

VanWinkle

Daaaaanng, just finished issue #24 of Planetary. THIS IS GETTING CRAZY!

Edit: HOLY CRAP! (Regarding issue #26)
Snow's conversation over the communications device with Dowler! :O Insane.

Edit 2: Just finished it. Absolutely brilliant. Some of the most sublime writing and art I've had the pleasure to witness.

Will likely read the one-shot crossovers tomorrow to finish the omnibus off.

Flash is the real deal as far as Superhero shows. Arrow is decent again, and Gotham still the operatic fun it has been.

SHIELD is not my idea of SHIELD so I have no real opinions on it.

as long as that lame coulson is still in it i'll never watch an episode of shield.

there's enough comic book shows on my slate as it is anyways. plus netflix throwing one at us every 4-6 months. flash, gotham and perhaps supergirl doing fine on the dc front. and netflix for mahvel.

edit: planetary is indeed fucking incredible. warren ellis is too much man.

Top Bottom