• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

squadr0n

Just saw the preview for Batman Darkside war. Really like having Bruce in the Möbius chair I stopped reading the regular series after Jim became Robocop. It just doesn't feel right for him to be batman, especially when he isn't in the mech suit. I really hope Snyder was just trolling people when he said Bruce won't be Batman again. If anyone should be Batman it's Grayson after the whole spy stuff is over.

Reading through Batman Earth One and a random You'll Never Walk Alone appears.

43j0qGo.png

Tizoc

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture was a non-action game, but a little too non-action for my tastes. It was basically a walking simulator.

The thing about PGW was that the games they showed had quite a bunch of generic shooty bangs.

Looking at my list of GotY contenders they consist of
Action Adventure RPG
2 Beat'em-ups
Platfromer
FMV PnC style
Adventure game
Action Adventure

Like I said expand your horizons and you'll be surprised at what you find :p

arkon

Codename Baboushka: The Conclave Of Death #1

Solid intro issue. The spyjinks are a bit too easy but I guess it's serving as a Bond-style cold open so we quickly get to see what she's all about. Unfortunately the artwork doesn't agree with me. I'll give it another issue purely because of Johnston's involvement but it's heading towards trade-wait/digital sales pick up territory.

Glad you enjoyed it. It keeps going that way. Vol 3 was pretty good shit is going to hit the fan HARD in the next trade. Damn.

It never loses its quality. Not for one issue.
Perfect. Looks like I've got a new series to continue. I already have vol 2 but Ill make vol 3 a priority down the road

How do you feel about Low?

I already felt like that is a very 'personal' work considering the theme of the book, but the last issue really felt like it drove that home. And then I get to the letters page, and it removes all doubt. :)
I havent read Low yet. I have it on my stack right now. I hope its better than Black Science. I think BS just tends to keep running and doesnt really build on why I should care outside of the gorgeous art. Tocchini's artwork is the main draw for buying Low for me.

There were a few months where if you were reading more than one of his books you could tell it was the same guy writing them. The narration of course but also really weird tics, like the word "egotist" being used across wildly different comics a BUNCH and it's like "whoa rick you really like this really odd word don't ya"

I don't fuck with his sci-fi stuff at Image at all so I'm definitely in agreement that Deadly Class is a step above -- though the peak superhero stuff > * imo

Craig is super great and the one story-telling quibble I had with him (incredibly confusing panel flow for a few of the motorcycle pages in issue 1) turned out to be a one-time thing
Funny you say that chase scene was confusing. I thought it was straight up brilliant. Designed to use comics greatest strength, the unison between space on the pace to signify time progession and dimension. Im a big sucker for that shit.

Falchion

Codename Baboushka: The Conclave Of Death #1

Solid intro issue. The spyjinks are a bit too easy but I guess it's serving as a Bond-style cold open so we quickly get to see what she's all about. Unfortunately the artwork doesn't agree with me. I'll give it another issue purely because of Johnston's involvement but it's heading towards trade-wait/digital sales pick up territory.

Yeah I read this too right after the newest Black Widow run so the change in art was jarring. I enjoyed it though so I'm going to stick with it.

Messi

Just saw the preview for Batman Darkside war. Really like having Bruce in the Möbius chair I stopped reading the regular series after Jim became Robocop. It just doesn't feel right for him to be batman, especially when he isn't in the mech suit. I really hope Snyder was just trolling people when he said Bruce won't be Batman again. If anyone should be Batman it's Grayson after the whole spy stuff is over.

itFER4i.gif

And for your next joke Mr Snyder

Reading through Batman Earth One and a random You'll Never Walk Alone appears.

43j0qGo.png

Gary Frank is a Liverpool supporter.

In other news...i finished Uncanny X Force and read 1st issue of Uncannt Avengers omni. I though the second half of X Force was more interesting than The Dark Angel Saga, personally. Great run though and look forward to UA. I know earlier I asked if I needed to read AXIS but is it the end/climax of Remenders X Force/UA storylines?

Shaanyboi

Banned
Comic-GAF's Queen seems pretty game for playin Slayven's most hated character...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=126336
It may be a long wait before we know which director and actress that Marvel Studios is seriously considering to tackle its first female-led movie Captain Marvel given how long before it releases. However, Olivia Wilde and her Meadowland director, Reed Morano, have both thrown their names in the hat for the respective gigs. It all began on Twitter last week when a fan asked Marano if she would be up for helming the 2019 Marvel adaptation with Wilde as the leading lady, to which she replied, "Um...hell yes!" Olivia then responded, "Oh hell yea. Let's DO this! I'm starting my @Marvel diet immediately. Eggshells and jet fuel only, right? Who says indie kids can't go pro?!"

Hadn't even considered her. I'd put her on my list alongside Winnick, Blunt, and Theron.

Is that how Darkseid is pronounced? I've been pronouncing it as Dark-seed...

In other news, I've started Kirby's Fourth World omnibus. So much stuff seem to happen every issue. Am loving it.

Messi

Maybe.

The only person I know that is consistently good even in bad movies is Michael Fassbender, he did his best in Prometheus.

I don't believe I have ever seen her give a shit performance. She is rarely the reason a movie is shit. She was amazing as Quorra even though Tron is not a great movie for example.

Huh Meadowland is still 100% on rotten tomatoes after 17 reviews. Nice to see.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/meadowland/

PsychBat!

Banned
I don't believe I have ever seen her give a shit performance. She is rarely the reason a movie is shit. She was amazing as Quorra even though Tron is not a great movie for example.

It's actually not often that I've seen an actor bring a movie down so I don't doubt you when you say she's not the reason a movie's bad.

Adam Sandler comes to mind.

Fassbender's on another level. He might even make the Assassin's Creed film watchable.

Yup. I need to see Macbeth first though, same team working on it more or less.

Hagi

We're still talking over 3 years till the movie is apparently coming out so I find it hard to get excited for names getting thrown around. I'd still love if Emily Blunt got the role but her career seems to be going places more exciting than signing on for a slew of Marvel movies.

Sony's conference at PGW was kinda cool but man that Wild game blew me away. Bears, eagles, rabbits, cannibals and giant snake ladies oh my. Detroit looked interesting but CG trailers usually do. Still haven't played Beyond yet waiting for the PS4 version so I can only go off my experience with Heavy Rain which was alright from what I recall.

Hagi

I really can't wait for Meadowland to come out here.

Is it not up on Itunes yet? I've seen October 23rd get thrown around as a VOD release date but I think that was just for the U.S. I'm not really sure how that stuff works for us and whether we get them at the same time.

Messi

"Indie kid?" Did she forget she was an A-lister at one time?

The reason these quotes are coming out is because her and Romano are promoting their indie movie . It is also Olivia's first time being a producer and finding finance. I suppose that is kind of indie. But yes her a list push failed with Tron and Cowboys and Aliens.

Is it not up on Itunes yet? I've seen October 23rd get thrown around as a VOD release date but I think that was just for the U.S. I'm not really sure how that stuff works for us and whether we get them at the same time.

I am waiting to see it on the big screen.

Afrodium

Banned
I'm flipping through the Hawkeye omnibus and realizing what a crime it was that I read it on an iPad. This art was made to be viewed as two pages sides by side and I never even noticed. It's beautiful.

Squire

Banned
We're still talking over 3 years till the movie is apparently coming out so I find it hard to get excited for names getting thrown around. I'd still love if Emily Blunt got the role but her career seems to be going places more exciting than signing on for a slew of Marvel movies.

Sony's conference at PGW was kinda cool but man that Wild game blew me away. Bears, eagles, rabbits, cannibals and giant snake ladies oh my. Detroit looked interesting but CG trailers usually do. Still haven't played Beyond yet waiting for the PS4 version so I can only go off my experience with Heavy Rain which was alright from what I recall.

Wild was my favorite. Love Ancel.

Detroit was in-engine according to the trailer.

Messi

I'm flipping through the Hawkeye omnibus and realizing what a crime it was that I read it on an iPad. This art was made to be viewed as two pages sides by side and I never even noticed. It's beautiful.

One of the few disadvantages of digital. Some books are just meant to be viewed physically. I also feel that digital splashes lose the effect that a double page splash in a physical book has.

Anyone have pics of how big that omnibus is?

A quick guide to understanding how Remender's current indie comics symbolize his life:

Deadly Class = Remender's childhood
Black Science = Remender being a father
Low = Remender slowly learning to believe in hope.
Tokyo Ghost = Remender is a 90s weeaboo

Owzers

I'm not really interested in this nba game, i presume it's because it's the eastern conference and the length of the nba season has worn on me over the last few years. I'd rather watch a republican debate or a WWE Raw.

Messi

A quick guide to understanding how Remender's current indie comics symbolize his life:

Deadly Class = Remender's childhood
Black Science = Remender being a father
Low = Remender slowly learning to believe in hope.
Tokyo Ghost = Remender is a 90s weeaboo

This hope is going to get stamped on several more times before we get to the end. Hope comes with a price in his books. But how I love it.

This guide is correct though.

Low is another book that needs to be seen physically. Digital does not do it justice. Can't wait for the OHC that Remender promised.

--

Terry Moore drew Death. Thought you guys might like it.

Hagi

Wild was my favorite. Love Ancel.

Detroit was in-engine according to the trailer.

Yeah that game looks legit. I've cooled off on Horizon and the robot dinosaurs in favour of Wild I think. Stealth with rabbits is just amazing, watching the Giant bomb stream and seeing them flip out during this segment was just the best. I want to ride a bear and have an eagle friend who'll help me fight cannibals.

I need to see some gameplay for Detroit and play Beyond. The sci-fi setting and themes they seem to want to cover appeal to me off the bat though. I was not expecting in the slightest for Detroit to be the city David Cage was hyping up.

Messi

Major spoiler from the end of this week's Flash below.
I can't believe we got live action
King Shark

http://gfycat.com/IdioticDazzlingCougar

So Awesome. I am watching the first season of Flash right now. Even without major exposure to the flash in comics I am finding it easy to follow and it is so much more fun than Arrow. So much so when Arrow comes over he kind of just drags the show down.

Zombeen might be into it.

No, a sack is literally what she's wearing.

:D

:p Zombeen has no style obviously. Unless you consider wearing cheeto dust while playing halo 5 as a style.

I can't. THEY'RE DEAD.

I nearly choked reading that lol

Top Bottom