• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Owzers

Hillary Clinton is going to be on tonight's Saturday Night Live premiere.....i think that's a thing people care about?

Also, on the WWE Network is BROCK LESNAR, in caps, because they only know how to yell his name.

I love Sejics humor lol

CQL1kxJWIAA37aH.jpg
Oh god this is on point

Owzers

Its mindbuffeling for me as a spectator from the outside that this is something that is brought up in a discussion about wrestling.

they should have never put the authority back in charge after they lost power when Cena won that time long ago. I gave up hope after that and its continued to suck, i mainly watch the monthly event and bits of pieces of Raw, but now that monday night football is back and the nba is starting Raw is getting squeezed out.

Man, these hellboy darkness calls and wild hunt arcs are grim.
Really drives home how what little humor and team interaction were available in BPRD uplifted the mood. HB's just a dude slowly coming to terms with the ocean of shit coming his way.

At one point in my life I'm going to draw some of those Kordey all new x men issues.

Also it's kind of funny how Jimenez has evolved. He used to have sooo many lines in his work that straight up didn't add anything. I didn't dig his work before but he's been good on Angela.

Make sure you give yourself a week to draw them, like Marvel gave Kordey.

VanWinkle

I'm about 50% of the way through volume 1 of batman eternal. I'm really enjoying this series. I hope volume 2 is as good as volume 1.

I'm about 90% done with volume one myself. I love it. I will switch to the digital format for volume two since I got it from the Batman Day comixology sale. But I'll probably read a few other things before that.

I'm about 90% done with volume one myself. I love it. I will switch to the digital format for volume two since I got it from the Batman Day comixology sale. But I'll probably read a few other things before that.
Nice, I got both physical versions during the Batman sale.

Speaking of which, finally got an unmolested version of it. Go amazon finally! :D

I'm always heavily leaning towards buying these 14 omnibus for $775. :(

Messi

Nice, I got both physical versions during the Batman sale.

Speaking of which, finally got an unmolested version of it. Go amazon finally! :D

I'm always heavily leaning towards buying these 14 omnibus for $775. :(

Way too much to buy at once and then you prob wont read them as you have too many. why not get a few at a time? That is a lot of money.

Way too much to buy at once and then you prob wont read them as you have too many. why not get a few at a time? That is a lot of money.
I don't know which to wait on and will go out of stock :( Buy yeah, it's more than I'll be able to read for a while.

This is what's currently in my cart:
Code:
AGE OF ULTRON HC	$39.75		
$39.75	Delete

DEADPOOL BY JOE KELLY OMNIBUS HC	$66.25		
$66.25	Delete

INFINITY GAUNTLET OMNIBUS HC PEREZ CVR (current printing)	$66.25		
$66.25	Delete

INFINITY HC	$39.75		
$39.75	Delete

MILES MORALES ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN ULTIMATE COLL TP BOOK 01	$18.54		
$18.54	Delete

PLANETARY OMNIBUS HC	$39.75		
$39.75	Delete

UNCANNY X-MEN OMNIBUS HC VOL 02	$52.99		
$52.99	Delete

WOLVERINE ADAMANTIUM COLLECTION SLIPCASE HC	$106.00		
$106.00	Delete

WOLVERINE OLD MAN LOGAN TP	$15.89		
$15.89	Delete

X-FORCE OMNIBUS HC VOL 01	$52.99		
$52.99	Delete

X-MEN ADAMANTIUM COLLECTION HC	$106.00		
$106.00	Delete

X-MEN AGE OF APOCALYPSE OMNIBUS COMPANION HC	$52.99		
$52.99	Delete

X-MEN AVENGERS ONSLAUGHT OMNIBUS HC	$66.25		
$66.25	Delete

X-MEN FATAL ATTRACTIONS OMNIBUS HC	$52.99		
$52.99

I don't know which to wait on and will go out of stock :( Buy yeah, it's more than I'll be able to read for a while.

This is what's currently in my cart:
Code:
AGE OF ULTRON HC	$39.75		
$39.75	Delete

DEADPOOL BY JOE KELLY OMNIBUS HC	$66.25		
$66.25	Delete

INFINITY GAUNTLET OMNIBUS HC PEREZ CVR (current printing)	$66.25		
$66.25	Delete

INFINITY HC	$39.75		
$39.75	Delete

MILES MORALES ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN ULTIMATE COLL TP BOOK 01	$18.54		
$18.54	Delete

PLANETARY OMNIBUS HC	$39.75		
$39.75	Delete

UNCANNY X-MEN OMNIBUS HC VOL 02	$52.99		
$52.99	Delete

WOLVERINE ADAMANTIUM COLLECTION SLIPCASE HC	$106.00		
$106.00	Delete

WOLVERINE OLD MAN LOGAN TP	$15.89		
$15.89	Delete

X-FORCE OMNIBUS HC VOL 01	$52.99		
$52.99	Delete

X-MEN ADAMANTIUM COLLECTION HC	$106.00		
$106.00	Delete

X-MEN AGE OF APOCALYPSE OMNIBUS COMPANION HC	$52.99		
$52.99	Delete

X-MEN AVENGERS ONSLAUGHT OMNIBUS HC	$66.25		
$66.25	Delete

X-MEN FATAL ATTRACTIONS OMNIBUS HC	$52.99		
$52.99
As a big Bendis and Hitch fan I strongly recommend not buying Age of Ultron.

As a big Bendis and Hitch fan I strongly recommend not buying Age of Ultron.

It feels like I'm in the minority here but I buy them because I haven't read them so I can read them. Age of ultron I liked the movie but never was exposed to the story line so that's why I was looking at it. Are there any others I should really avoid?

read all the marvel stuff on MU and call it a year.

I'm always tempted but hate their interface so freaking much. It makes it annoying as hell to read. I had the cheap months before and I just never utilized it because it of that. It's why comixology killing the windows 8 app bothered me so much because it's annoying when you put up barriers to entry for people to enjoy your content. Maybe I'll bite the bullet and try it again though.

Seconded. If you really want to see something happen, just buy issue 10. Literally nothing happens in the first nine issues.

The most fascinating bit is how you can deduce that the whole event was trash by reading just that, since there's no possible way a good event would ever arrive at that conclusion.

It feels like I'm in the minority here but I buy them because I haven't read them so I can read them. Age of ultron I liked the movie but never was exposed to the story line so that's why I was looking at it. Are there any others I should really avoid?

The sad thing is that i mentioned that something exactly like what you said would happen here someday. #Nostradanus
It bear very little to no resemblance at all with the movie. Also skip the original Marvel Civil War.

The most fascinating bit is how you can deduce that the whole event was trash by reading just that, since there's no possible way a good event would ever arrive at that conclusion.

None of it makes any sense. And at the very end Marvel is just like "oh BTW, here's this character Gaiman just gave us."

Age of Ultron the comic has very, very little to do with Age of Ultron the movie, from what I understand (only ever read the comic, but the way people describe the movie has basically no resemblance). It's an adaptation in name only. And the comic is very, very bad, so that's probably a good thing.

Also do not buy Axis, or Civil War, or the original Secret War, or Siege, or really any big Marvel Event except for Secret Wars, and if you're one of those filthy mongrels who reads DC, don't buy anything with the Future's End name on it. Ditto Identity Crisis.

Planet Hulk is solid af tho.

Aaaand i now see that it was originally a hulk event that then got scaled up to global event. Hrm. WWH quality dropping like a rock suddenly makes sense.

Was Dark Reign readable?

Age of Ultron the comic has very, very little to do with Age of Ultron the movie, from what I understand (only ever read the comic, but the way people describe the movie has basically no resemblance). It's an adaptation in name only. And the comic is very, very bad, so that's probably a good thing.

Also do not buy Axis, or Civil War, or the original Secret War, or Siege, or really any big Marvel Event except for Secret Wars, and if you're one of those filthy mongrels who reads DC, don't buy anything with the Future's End name on it. Ditto Identity Crisis.
Are there any DC omnibus/collections (Does only marvel call them omnibus?) that you would recommend? And maybe a better way to phrase it then is, is there another collection/run I should read to learn about ultron? I literally knew nothing about him going into that movie so I figured the collection by the same name would be a good jump off point.

I think it's one of the more frustrating things I have with comics and one of the major reasons I fatigue is that there's so much out there and it's so difficult to differentiate with all the different series and reboots and everything that I just feel lost and I get frustrated because I don't feel like I can make informed decisions on what I want to read since there's a lot I just flat out haven't experienced. Pau helped me before with Batman a lot to go through a lot of good stories for that but outside of that I'm just blindly stumbling around trying to not buy stuff that's awful.

The sad thing is that i mentioned that something exactly like what you said would happen here someday. #Nostradanus
It bear very little to no resemblance at all with the movie. Also skip the original Marvel Civil War.
Was there more than one Civil war or do you mean the one in 2006? I know certain ones are relatively close like the recent xmen movie but still altered which is what made me interested in them when I heard even some of the characters in days of futures past were altered which seems pointless for the most part.

Are there any DC omnibus/collections (Does only marvel call them omnibus?) that you would recommend? And maybe a better way to phrase it then is, is there another collection/run I should read to learn about ultron? I literally knew nothing about him going into that movie so I figured the collection by the same name would be a good jump off point.

I think it's one of the more frustrating things I have with comics and one of the major reasons I fatigue is that there's so much out there and it's so difficult to differentiate with all the different series and reboots and everything that I just feel lost and I get frustrated because I don't feel like I can make informed decisions on what I want to read since there's a lot I just flat out haven't experienced. Pau helped me before with Batman a lot to go through a lot of good stories for that but outside of that I'm just blindly stumbling around trying to not buy stuff that's awful.

Was there more than one Civil war or do you mean the one in 2006? I know certain ones are relatively close like the recent xmen movie but still altered which is what made me interested in them when I heard even some of the characters in days of futures past were altered which seems pointless for the most part.
Ultron Unlimited is a great Ultron story. I'd start there.

Messi

I got an advance on Messi money :lol

I don't know there's just a lot that I'd like to try and they're like $50 and after holding off on X-Force and seeing it go to $300 it makes me :/

That's the wrong X-force you have there. IST doesn't have the out of print one anymore. The one that is out of print is by Remender. Bail out.

I would just stick to creators and characters you enjoy. I've been full digital since I started reading comics, so I can't comment on Omnibi, sorry :p

As for Ultron... not sure. Sorry :p Again :p I mostly just know that Age is crap.

Ultron Unlimited is a great Ultron story. I'd start there.
That seems like it's been out of print for a while :( Unless it's in another more recent collection.
That's the wrong X-force you have there. IST doesn't have the out of print one anymore. The one that is out of print is by Remender. Bail out.

Sadly it's not wrong, I love Cable so I feel like I have to subject myself to what he used to be. I bought the deadpool and Cable omnibus and cable and the x-force because of him. I don't think I ever read Rob Liefeld stuff because I only was exposed to him during the crossovers since I would just buy the mainline x-men comics as a kid. It's a necessary evil ;.;

New Frontier Deluxe Edition

Top Bottom