• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Zombine

Banned
Scott Gimple did an amazing job of turning the show around. Everything positive that happened in Season 4 and 5 was all him. He picked up the pieces and gave us what most of the fans want: key arcs from the comic presented 1:1, while adding content that fleshes out some of the elements that might have been fumbled in the book.

Alexandria is really spectacular, and Rick is getting very "cartoony" looking. They're doing an awesome job of transforming him into comic Rick, and most of that half of season 5 was straight out of the book.

I don't know what the resolution with Alpha will be. She's either going to Job or go down like a badass or become good.

As far as the Alpha storyline, I think that
Rick is going to end up (begrudgingly) asking for Negan's help in dealing with Alpha, because he doesn't know what the fuck to do

Owzers

Scott Gimple did an amazing job of turning the show around. Everything positive that happened in Season 4 and 5 was all him. He picked up the pieces and gave us what most of the fans want: key arcs from the comic presented 1:1, while adding content that fleshes out some of the elements that might have been fumbled in the book.

I don't remember werewolves being in the book. Probably should have spoilered that....

Hagi

Is Negan this season? that would be cool but make me uneasy about how they approach such a big moment in the series seeing how they borked the governor.

I don't remember werewolves being in the book. Probably should have spoilered that....

Always knew there was something off about Daryl

Alexandria is really spectacular, and Rick is getting very "cartoony" looking. They're doing an awesome job of transforming him into comic Rick, and most of that half of season 5 was straight out of the book.

Yeah, couldn't agree more about Gimple. He's done a really good job. Hopefully it continues with Season 6. I wonder what the show would be like now if Darabont had stayed onboard.

Zombine

Banned

The Wolves are very clearly the group before Negan. I forget the dudes name because he was so inconsequential and only made it to like 8 issues. It's his group. They jobbed almost as hard as the canibals in the comic.

Owzers

The Wolves are very clearly the group before Negan. I forget the dudes name because he was so inconsequential and only made it to like 8 issues. It's his group. They jobbed almost as hard as the canibals in the comic.

i meant actual werewolves and forgot about that entirely.

Is Negan this season? that would be cool but make me uneasy about how they approach such a big moment in the series seeing how they borked the Governor.

I think if he is it will be the back half of the season. We know we'll see
Hilltop
very soon but I think that's the only thing we know for sure.

Hagi

Nope the group after. Nobody fuckin remembers them because
Kirkman built the conflict up and then Andrea murdered them all from her roost.

In a single issue.

seriously? haha wow that would've been pretty cool to read as it came out

I think if he is it will be the back half of the season. We know we'll see
Hilltop
very soon but I think that's the only thing we know for sure.

Ah that's cool the new series starts around Halloween? I could probably knock out season 5 before then.

Zombine

Banned
seriously? haha wow that would've been pretty cool to read as it came out

Genuinely might have been the biggest jobbers in the whole book. They followed that almost immediately with the introduction of the
Savior gang
and they were forgotten.

Genuinely might have been the biggest jobbers in the whole book. They followed that almost immediately with the introduction of the
Savior gang
and they were forgotten.

I wouldn't say immediately. First there was the
zombie siege
which kinda spun out of the events you're talking about....I really hope we get that this season.

Messi

I read Captain Marvel and the Carol Corps #4: That felt like Kelly Sue handing over the keys to the car. It's really over :(.

I dug out my Ultimate Spider-Man OHCs (1-6) because I'd like to finish reading the series without having to buy the whole thing, and agh urg arg. It's so big and uncomfortable. How do you people do it?

Maybe I'll just read Manhattan Projects on my beloved tablet

Zombine

Banned
It's really over :(.

ChunLiWin.gif

Zombine

Banned
I am glad my sadness over this makes you excited.

Oh come on m8 I'm not trying to insult your heritage. I really want to see someone else at the helm for the character.

She hogged it while not being particularly good or bad. If it was anyone else they would have been yanked ages ago.

Messi

Still surprised that they didnt gave her a new book to work with

I don't think she wants one. She is dealing with the production company and Bitch Planet/Pretty Deadly.

Oh come on m8 I'm not trying to insult your heritage. I really want to see someone else at the helm for the character.

She hogged it while not being particularly good or bad. If it was anyone else they would have been yanked ages ago.

Well I loved what she did on the book.

Hagi

I'd like to see someone else have a go.

I was looking at the preview for Amazing Spider-man and the first 10 pages are all different covers lol it seems alright though I guess. Mockingbird is in it so that's a plus.

Boogiepop

Actually, since you guys are talking about it, has the Walking Dead comic kept up? I read the first trade like waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back and liked it well enough, but never ended up continuing (had borrowed it from a friend, and this was before I was buying comics). It's kind of been in the back of my mind for a bit that the Compendiums would definitely be a nice deal, too...

Actually, since you guys are talking about it, has the Walking Dead comic kept up? I read the first trade like waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back and liked it well enough, but never ended up continuing (had borrowed it from a friend, and this was before I was buying comics). It's kind of been in the back of my mind for a bit that the Compendiums would definitely be a nice deal, too...

All-Out War was pretty weak but everything since has been exceptional. Still one of my favorite reads after all this time.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Just read a couple of pages of Dark Avengers... What a book.
Really have to read the OHC soon, kind of stuck with Marvel 1602.

Messi

I read The Last Days of Ant Man. Man, what an issue. Just fantastic.

giphy.gif

Can't wait to see where the relaunch goes. Having Scott
turn evil to take down beetle is an amazing idea. The perfect character to do it with

Zombine

Banned
All-Out War was pretty weak but everything since has been exceptional. Still one of my favorite reads after all this time.

I've said it a bunch of times before, but after re-reading All Out War I like it much more as the prologue that it was meant to be. It introduced all of the players.

Owzers

guys....i tried painting the two small scratch marks on my age of ultron steelbook case. I think i have a problem. A problem that can only be fixed with more paint.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
This is why you should Plastic cases for Steelbooks and keep the paperwrap that comes with you Marvel Steels.

(I still have to buy those, too...)

Top Bottom