• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Yeah it's much in the same as Moon Knight where you could happily just not read another Thunderbolt issue again after reading it. I haven't picked up Karnak yet but I wouldn't bet on it lasting long.

I enjoyed Karnak #1. It was definitely a slow burner and I can see why people might not have taken to it, but I thought the writing was engaging.

Happy birthday, VanWrinkle!

It's...it's my birthday today, too. :/

Happy birthday to you too!

Tizoc

I only started reading comics seriously and on the regular with DC's New 52 relaunch. Beforehand, I'd only followed Grant Morrison's Batman and Geoff Johns' Green Lantern following Blackest Night. Otherwise the only comics I read were the free ones you'd find in show bags. I am unfamiliar with many of the top Marvel runs outside of what I've read on Wikipedia.

Aha, well far as Wikipedia goes it's better to just look up the writers since it would have a list of what they worked for.
Regardless, def. get dat Thunderbolts, he wrote it alongside Nextwave IIRC.

Hagi

So many £2.50 books these days, wow the struggle is real. Going to take a break from Marvel this week and just get Black Magic, Batman Eternal and Tokyo Ghost seeing how I missed that last week.

Totally Awesome Hulk #1 lettered preview (CBR)

The-Totally-Awesome-Hulk-1-Preview-Page-4-3aeaa.jpg
"Bad Turtle" indeed, little Frankie.

Once again Nick Spencer is hitting it out of the park with Captain America.

The rift between Steve and Sam was actually realistic. A marvel hero rift being realistic is something I thought impossible!

ElNarez

Banned
I have two weeks left of my degree, after which I'm going to finally redeem my Marvel Unlimited codes and catch up on everything everyone has been recommending in these threads, like Agents of H.A.T.E. I'll definitely add it to the list. It's similar to DC's Suicide Squad, right?

Not really. Nextwave's more a parody/counterpoint to the Ellis/Hitch run on The Authority, which isn't really like the Suicide Squad, save for some incorporation of real-world politics. But mostly it's not about that.

I guess what I'm saying is Ellis and Hitch's The Authority is one of the defining comics of the 2000s and you need to read it not just as a matter of historical importance but because it's fucking great.

ALSO: I guess New Avengers is kinda riffing on it? Like, at least format and plot-wise, it really felt like a colorful riff on Ellis, down to the 2-issue arc structure. It's good comics also.

Hey guys,

So I had a kinda dumb idea for a forum game for anybody interested in comics and the idea you could be a better EiC than Dan DiDio, Joe Queseda, or Bob Harras. Here's the link to the concept and rules in question. Give it a look over and if you have any comments or ideas, either PM me or post them in the thread.

Hagi

I think I'm going to do my first cosplay at thought bubble next month. Getting my 3 volumes of Deadly Class signed by Remender and Craig dressed as Marcus sounds fun.

ElNarez

Banned
I think I'm going to do my first cosplay at thought bubble next month. Getting my 3 volumes of Deadly Class signed by Remender and Craig dressed as Marcus sounds fun.

want some advice? do NOT shit yourself

yeah sure it sounds like a cool goof, like you're gonna get some laughs and stuff, because it happened in the book and everything BUT

DO NOT shit yourself

Hagi

want some advice? do NOT shit yourself

yeah sure it sounds like a cool goof, like you're gonna get some laughs and stuff, because it happened in the book and everything BUT

DO NOT shit yourself

Aww damn I was going to do that when I got to the front of the queue guess I'll just have to interact with them like a normal human being.

Going to get my American Vampire #1 signed by Snyder as well and I'll cherish it to the end of my days.

Aww damn I was going to do that when I got to the front of the queue guess I'll just have to interact with them like a normal human being.

Going to get my American Vampire #1 signed by Snyder as well and I'll cherish it to the end of my days.

I actually would stuff your pants with stuff and then make pipe cleaner stink lines.

Sincerely,
The King Of Costumes

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Aquaman 45
Batgirl 45
B&R Eternal 4
Cyborg 4
Flash 45
Grayson 13
Justice League Darkseid War Batman #1

Chew 51

Cap America Sam 2
Chewbacca 2
House of M 4
New Avengers 2
spiderman 2099 2
unbeatable squirrel girl 1

My comics today.

Anything anyone would recommend picking up as well?

Messi

Aquaman 45
Batgirl 45
B&R Eternal 4
Cyborg 4
Flash 45
Grayson 13
Justice League Darkseid War Batman #1

Chew 51

Cap America Sam 2
Chewbacca 2
House of M 4
New Avengers 2
spiderman 2099 2
unbeatable squirrel girl 1

My comics today.

Anything anyone would recommend picking up as well?

Black Magick by Rucka
Art Ops by Allred

I'm reading Nova #19, set during Original Sin. Why does the writer, Gerry Duggan, think that the Nova Corps died fighting the Cancerverse when they actually died fighting the Annihilation wave?

I'm reading Nova #19, set during Original Sin. Why does the writer, Gerry Duggan, think that the Nova Corps died fighting the Cancerverse when they actually died fighting the Annihilation wave?

In episode 2F09, when Itchy plays Scratchy's skeleton like a xylophone, he strikes the same rib in succession, yet he produces two clearly different tones. I mean, what are we to believe, that this is a magic xylophone, or something? Ha ha, boy, I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder.

kinda...?

Top Bottom