• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Messi

Cool, thanks Messi. This will be her first physical comic since she was a toddler. I wonder what she'll think of it.

Im sure she will love it. It is very endearing.

Lumberjanes_005_PRESS-6.jpg

This Lumberjanes talk inspired me to look up what my first print of the first issue is worth. eBay has one listed at $30. Sweet. Too bad I never read it, discovered that it was awesome, and bought more. Oh well, I' m glad I snagged the first issue, at least.

Okay, this is just too cute to not share... Adam Warren has been doodling sketches of Empowered characters in the "Peches Mignons" style of French comic artist Arthur de Pins. And the results are pretty adorable, if I do say so myself.

P.S. -- don't search Arthur de Pins while at work unless your workplace is cool; he does risque/sexual and nudes.

Okay, this is just too cute to not share... Adam Warren has been doodling sketches of Empowered characters in the "Peches Mignons" style of French comic artist Arthur de Pins. And the results are pretty adorable, if I do say so myself.

P.S. -- don't search Arthur de Pins while at work, he does risque/sexual and nudes.

Yes, they are super adorable.

P.S. I am definitely searching Arthur de Pins art.

VanWinkle

Man. I just read Gotham Adventures #1 and I loved it so much. Wasn't expecting to. I just wanted to read something small after finishing Batgirl of Burnside before starting something else. I looked on Amazon and IST for collected editions and there doesn't seem to be any :(

I would and still might buy some more issues on Comixology, but the rest of the issues seem to be 22 pages instead of the 39 pages that the first issue had. :( Oh well, it was good enough to buy some more.

Read some Saga today. Vol 3. I like it, but I don't love it. However, I understand why people love it.

You know I'm joking Lunchpod.

I know <3

Wow, that is a shitty professor. Usually when I get someone really terrible I just stop showing up for lectures and just take the tests.

I'm at the point where it would probably be better to skip, but it's a class of 13 and he knows who I am. It's bad enough that the dude gives us a handful of days for tough as shit homework that takes 8 of us to understand, but to top it off, the guy gets mad when the class average on the first exam is 37 (of the people I spoke to, 9 of us got 30 or below) or when we ask him questions about things we don't understand.

those Halo 5 tracks are fiyaaaaaah

Finished up the issues of Cass Batgirl that I picked up on sale (1-25)

Really good run so far. It's cool to see her grow so much over the course of these issues. Love her relationship with Bruce, Babs, and Steph especially. Her rivalry with Shiva is great too. Will definitely grab more issues.

ElNarez

Banned
Guys, how is Grant Morrison's Multiversity? I'm looking at this, and it seems pretty interesting. Also, is there any required reading or is this a standalone story? I'm always a little intimidated looking into Grant Morrison's stuff because it always seems like it's part of something bigger. I bought Batman RIP at a used book store a while back and found it it's just one small part of a long running batman story by Morrison. So I just want to be sure.

It's great comics, with Morrison and pals at the top of their game (except for Jim Lee). You'll enjoy it regardless, but it's the endgame of ideas he has planted in the DCU since at least his Animal Man run, and being cognizant of that context gives everything an even greater meaning.

Owzers

If I was a 17 year old girl I would love it.

it was definitely a step up from the Scream MTV series that i abandoned after three episodes but still not something that i think will keep me watching. Scream Queens seemed like it was trying too hard to show how smart/snappy it is without actually having the plotting to back it up, it had some enjoyable moments but seemed to drag.

Hagi

it was definitely a step up from the Scream MTV series that i abandoned after three episodes but still not something that i think will keep me watching. Scream Queens seemed like it was trying too hard to show how smart/snappy it is without actually having the plotting to back it up, it had some enjoyable moments but seemed to drag.

That's like every Ryan Murphy show ever. I still need to watch it though looks kinda fun.

Strangely enough I watched the first two Scream episodes earlier, didn't think it was that bad actually. No idea how they'll stretch it out over 10 episodes but I'm vaguely interested in finding out. Guess I have a soft spot for dumb slasher stuff.

Hagi

Speaking of Ryan Murphy, you guys ever seen Nip/Tuck?

That's by default his best show just because of how fucking bananas it was.

That show went places, like seriously.

I think it goes off the rails pretty hard. I dig American Horror Story though.

I watched the first look for the new show and it looks like a big step up from Freakshow. Lady Gaga's character seems really interesting in that crazy hot psycho way, kinda like Kata Mara's character is Murder House.

Owzers

i'm still not liking Fear the Walking Dead, every time i see a trailer for Walking Dead Season Six i just think " i'd rather be watching that"

Messi

It kills me that the Lumberjanes trades are 4 issues long and are so far apart. But those trades are such high quality. It shames marvel and DC.

Top Bottom