• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Owzers

Wow guys, this new Transformers game is awful. It relies purely on nostalgia and gameplay to make you forget that you're doing the same boring shit as in every other beat-em-up ever, only in more boring levels than any of those games ever had. I should have known when reviews from the major sites haven't been forthcoming on release day.

I didn't even give it the benefit of a rental slot in my gamefly queue.

Owzers

If you get a flop and the top right corner of every page is smushed/creased, do you consider that damaged or part of the flop experience?

Boogiepop

Well huh. Tried the first sktchd podcast, that was interesting. Think I'll continue using that as my "I need a podcast as background noise for menial work" stuff. If nothing else, it taught me that apparently you don't pronounce the Millar in Mark Millar the same as the Miller in Frank Miller. So, I guess I've been saying his name wrong, whoops!

Mudcrab

Wow guys, this new Transformers game is awful. It relies purely on nostalgia and gameplay to make you forget that you're doing the same boring shit as in every other beat-em-up ever, only in more boring levels than any of those games ever had. I should have known when reviews from the major sites haven't been forthcoming on release day. Platinum just doesn't have it anymore. They're the Square Enix of action games.

That's a goddamn shame.

Hagi

haha I missed that bit even if the game is crap that's a bridge too far and I don't even hate on Square Enix.

Tizoc

Wow guys, this new Transformers game is awful. It relies purely on nostalgia and gameplay to make you forget that you're doing the same boring shit as in every other beat-em-up ever, only in more boring levels than any of those games ever had. I should have known when reviews from the major sites haven't been forthcoming on release day. Platinum just doesn't have it anymore. They're the Square Enix of action games.

You're only gonna get away with this kind of post in here :V

I didn't care much for the level design because that's not what I got the game for. The gamepaly is simple and I've enjoyed it a lot, I recently beat it on Normal and gonna start a Hard playthrough, though I don't know if I can A and S-rank all chapters.
Goty contender for me and I bought the dang thing twice: One for my PS4 another for the PC.

You prob. played it on Easy and still got your ass handed to you :/ Git Gud, child.

That's a goddamn shame.

It's just his hyperbole, Platinum are still as good as ever, just go read the OT for the game and you'll see lots of positive impressions.

Well huh. Tried the first sktchd podcast, that was interesting. Think I'll continue using that as my "I need a podcast as background noise for menial work" stuff. If nothing else, it taught me that apparently you don't pronounce the Millar in Mark Millar the same as the Miller in Frank Miller. So, I guess I've been saying his name wrong, whoops!

I've always pronounced it the same way I imagine a pirate might.

"Mark Millarrrrrrrrr (me hearties)."

Played Transformers for about an hour, it's basic but fun. Actually kind of refreshing to just mash and kick arse after months of just open world, HOTS and Hearthstone. The nostalgia is on point as well apart from Starscream's new voice, should have just got Tom Kenny for that one.

Just waiting for Star Wars Battlefront beta now. SOON.

Hagi

Played Transformers for about an hour, it's basic but fun. Actually kind of refreshing to just mash and kick arse after months of just open world, HOTS and Hearthstone. The nostalgia is on point as well apart from Starscream's new voice, should have just got Tom Kenny for that one.

Just waiting for Star Wars Battlefront beta now. SOON.

Beta is a hell of a lot more fun than I was expecting. I think Battlefront is going to turn out alright.

Zombine

Banned
I heard Zombeen is actually crap at games

242.gif

B team =/= A team

This is most likely the same problem that we've run into with their Avatar game. Mechanically sound, but all the rest was crap simply because shoestring budget.

Why Platinum even takes these projects, though, only the gods know. Guess it pays the bills

Beat-em-ups are one of my least favourite genres so that Transformers game doesn't really appeal to me. I think I'm going to die of old age before this Battlefront beta downloads.

Megatron

Would you pay ~$80 for a 20-page comic? Marvel is hoping you just said "yes," Deadpool fans.

At least you're getting an actual Deadpool comic to go with your 1/20th of a Deadpool comic though.
That's pretty cool. Can you imagine displaying all the covers on a wall in your house or something? Would be awesome!
Batman Bruce Wayne
Batgirl Barbara Gordon
Robin Tim Drake

My exact picks too. It would really hurt to lose D Grayson, but he's just gone way beyond Robin at this point, he can't go back. And only Bruce can be Batman. Would be interesting to see Tim/Barbara develop some chemistry as well....

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Kinda busy tonight so some quick and dirty "reviews"

All New Hawkeye #2 - still fine, but that "hawk-eye" like was indeed cringe worthy.

Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #2 - fun book, liked both the college stuff and the ironman armor stuff.

Silver Surfer #10 - good conclusion to the Galactus arc. They actually pulled the love card too, didnt expect them to go there so soon. Its ok Surfer, i love Dawn too.

Black Widow #15-16 - Widow confronts Chaos but they end up offering her a job. Looking forward to see where this goes. Dat art tho.

Secret Avengers #12 - great as always, shit is hitting the fan while modok tries to fix the shit he threw at the fan.

More later maybe

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Angela doesn't really know how to be anything other than blunt. I think it's awesome.

Agreed. Afterall why must they stop to consume this frozen creamy beverage, even if it is delicious?

Owzers

don't forget to watch Scream Queens tonight, America's #1 screaming show. And Bill Clinton is on Colbert, that's something that is happening.

Rhaknar

Drayco stop stuffing your face with pizza and get a MU sub already

Rhaknar

This recap page on Unbeatable Squirrel Girl issue 3 is amazing, I cant find it online to post it :/

How long is normal for IST to ship? I feel like last time it was the next day, it's been 3 weekdays since my order now and nothings changed in it's status from when I ordered.

Shaanyboi

Banned
So I'm reading Bruce Wayne: The Road Home after having missed it on my read-through of the Grant Morrison Batman run. I'm really enjoying it thus far. It's kinda the thing I love about the whole Bat Family - Bruce's relationship and perspective on each of them, and learning what makes each of them valuable. It's a cool story thus far. Just finished the Catwoman issue.

Also best trio is:

Batman: Dick - brings the experience but also optimism
Robin: Damian - brings the unstable element of his perspective on the world
Batgirl: Steph - brings the fun

Top Bottom