• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Boogiepop

Just started the Bacchus omnibus. Some good stuff right there.

Man, I don't know what to think on if I want that. In a vacuum I feel like I've heard good things about it. But man, the arc that Eddie Campbell did on Hellblazer was baaaaaad. Like, maybe the only part of the run so far that I wouldn't just say "I didn't like this", but that it was full on poorly done.

Man, I don't know what to think on if I want that. In a vacuum I feel like I've heard good things about it. But man, the arc that Eddie Campbell did on Hellblazer was baaaaaad. Like, maybe the only part of the run so far that I wouldn't just say "I didn't like this", but that it was full on poorly done.

Dude.

That was twenty years ago.

MG310

Metal Gear is nearly done consuming my existence. Finished all the Side-Ops, just have 6 of the alternate main missions to go. Of course I'll probably have to go back and S ranks/do all the objectives. Currently at 104 hours, 70 percent.

Probably should figure out what to pack for NYCC at some point today...

Well, that's all I've read from him, and it's apparently contemporary to the start of Bacchus.... (plus it's fresh to me since I read it for the first time like a week or two ago...)
Can always give the (used) TPB a spin instead. Not like the artwork's amazeballs.
Pretty cheap.

Bacchus, as far as i've read it, is a pretty interesting take on "what would happen to the greek gods if they were just horrendously depressing semi-immortal dudes and still alive?"

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward

Ah, bummer. Haha. Didn't even know Campbell had an arc of Hellblazer.

Can always give the (used) TPB a spin instead. Not like the artwork's amazeballs.
Pretty cheap.

Bacchus, as far as i've read it, is a pretty interesting take on "what would happen to the greek gods if they were just horrendously depressing semi-immortal dudes and still alive?"

Whaat? I love Eddie Campbell's artwork.

VanWinkle

How long is normal for IST to ship? I feel like last time it was the next day, it's been 3 weekdays since my order now and nothings changed in it's status from when I ordered.

The past couple of times I ordered from them, I order the books on a Wednesday morning, they ship around Thursday night, and I get them on a Saturday (through FedEx Ground). But that's only when everything is in stock. If it's not it can take up to three extra business days.

We know he's going to be in All-New Ultimates; I don't think he's serving a role in Secret Wars.

Hmm. I'll have to look into the team on All-New Ultimates then.

Pretty hyped for comics tomorrow.

I'm more excited for Jughead than I care to admit. And this week is BKV new joint Paper Girls. I have lots of goodies waiting for me when I go to the shop tomorrow. It's been a few weeks and I buy most of my good stuff on paper.

For example, I digitally purchased the past 5 or so Detective Comics issues. Read a couple (41 & 42). It's a bit bland but I like the cast of characters. I'm a sucker for the cops of Gotham. (Yes have I read and loved GC)

Jumping back continuity-wise, I also read a few issues of 52. Grabbed the first 3 volumes cheap a while back. Solid stuff. Enjoying how Renee's story is starting out. Excited to finally be starting 52. Such a fan of Renee and have yet to read the Question stuff.

VanWinkle

I truly adore Gotham Adventures. I think I'm going to buy all 60 issues of it on ComiXology. I have already bought 15 of them, lol.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Hopefully when ComicGAF Civil War 2 happens and half the regulars defect to reading Valiant exclusively, I'll get a meme that says "Launchpad was right" and we'll know it wasn't just about Valiant.

Valiant? Is that one of the new All New All Different Marvel books?

PsychBat!

Banned
Hopefully when ComicGAF Civil War 2 happens and half the regulars defect to reading Valiant exclusively, I'll get a meme that says "Launchpad was right" and we'll know it wasn't just about Valiant.

I made that kind of thing for Kipp.

It will never happen with another person.

Well, after sorting, organizing, re-organizing, and in some cases re-bagging, my collection of DC Comics floppies comes in at 11 short boxes and change. Next up: Marvel.

Pray for me.

batman and robin eternal starts tomorrow, HYPE

also i wish i had more moneys so i could buy that new surface laptop.

sure the laptop i'm using right now works just fine but it might not work in the future....?

Owzers

way too much of my comic time is spent thinking about statue paint and floppy creases.

It's a real bummer. Black Science #7 is still good.

Owzers

You sure? Examine the ink quality. It's basically the paper version of paint.

No...no no no no no no no no no. I have one hardcover that i accidentally squished a bug on a page when trying to give it a light flick, it left a mark on a white speech bubble and i have white paint....

Drayco21

So it seems like Amazing Spider-Man #1 leaked in all the usual places. Debating whether I should go ahead and read it, or wait for the proper release...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
We're over our "Nova rawr just a proxxy for loeb's son rawr give me Rider rawr" phase right? Because that book is fun with Duggan writing it. Great art too, both the regular book and this annual.

Speaking of the Annual, whats the deal with doc green hulk? Hes a bit of a dick in this but also a good guy, im kinda into it.

Drayco21

We're over our "Nova rawr just a proxxy for loeb's son rawr give me Rider rawr" phase right? Because that book is fun with Duggan writing it. Great art too, both the regular book and this annual.

Duggan is a goddamn hero who saved both Nova and Deadpool. He's still a trainwreck when other people are writing him, though.

JEKKI

nooooooo~!!! my Marvel Unlimited sub ends in less than 10 days! how to make the most of it?!?!?!

hey I read Valiant!

Unity sucks... I cant believe I've read like every issue lol. I was gonna drop it til I heard it was ending =P

also wanna drop Ivar... I love Van Lente (Magnus Robot Fighter on Dynamite was incredible, highly recommend it to everyone) but Ivar jus isnt as good as A&A :(

but XO, Imperium, Bloodshot Reborn, and Ninjak are all good.

Rhaknar

Or, you know, resub.

Subs are meant to be forgoten and paid forever. Like a gym sub.

VanWinkle

Loving the art and page design on Gotham Adventures. Writing is great, too.

rsz_screenshot_2015_10_06_23_15_41.png
rsz_1screenshot_2015_10_06_23_17_43.png

JEKKI

Is this a joke? Who put you up to this?

Was it Freeza?
is Freeza a gaf person or are you talking about the actual Dragon Ball villain?

or somebody else?

but no those 2 titles arent that good imo.

I've never read Rai either, but I think I have copies of it from Humble Bundle...

also is Secret Avengers from Nick Spencer good? Think I should read those before my Marvel U subscription runs out, read the Ales Kot one after

Real talk, what don't you enjoy about Ivar? It's my second favorite book after We Can Never Go Home favorite book being published.

Also, it ends with issue #12 :(
ahh, in that case I'll keep it on then.

but it just doesnt hit the same notes I expected not only from A&A, but from the work Van Lente also did with Magnus from Dynamite and Resurrectionists from Dark Horse.

but it just doesnt hit the same notes I expected not only from A&A, but from the work Van Lente also did with Magnus from Dynamite and Resurrectionists from Dark Horse.

Freeza is a regular that loves to hate on me. Ignore that lol

Well, alright, any Valiant fan is a friend of mine. Welcome, buddy!

Rai is pretty cool. Kindt's pretty good at world-building in that one. Characterization is as good as in Unity or Ninjak. Definitely worth checking out, but probably not a high-priority read.

I've been meaning to check out some of Van Lente's other stuff, specifically Hercules and Magnus, but I didn't know about Ressurectionists. I'll have to check that one out. Thanks!

Comics are done, they all decided not to publish any more.

I gave up on getting floppies from the big two, this is what happens.

My pull list is about 30 comics short of what it used to be, I feel like I just cut cable or something.

Exceptions for Amazing Spider-Man and Batman of course.

Drayco21

ASM is $5.99? Fuck that.

They're doing that "here's a bunch of meaningless side stories for two or three pages to advertise our other spider books" thing they did last time they relaunched to bump up the pagecount.

Except this time, they don't even have a Kaine-centric story to make it worthwhile.

Top Bottom