• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Mindwipe

Secret Wars #6: Drifting less than last month, but still drifting.

I hope the ending is going to have a bit more to it than "everyone hits Doom."

Zombine

Banned
Yeah I think most of what I buy will be in artist alley. There isn't a whole lot standing out to me merch wise other than the Harley bust and my fucked up looking Lee figure.

Tizoc

Nah, I'm playing on normal. The difficulty isn't the problem, it's finding motivation to keep going because this is sooooo boring.

Sad to hear, I was motivated all the way, I didn't care for stage design despite how budgeted it ended up being as it didn't affect my enjoyment of the game.
I apologize about my previous post, some of Steamgaf's negativity rubbed off on me really bad XO

I beat the game already and I had a blast, gonna start it on Hard now then work my way to maxing out all the characters.

Wait, howard the duck is $5? These price hikes are bullshit.

dkkRVEh.jpg

Holy shit, you guys.

The Omega Men.

Holy shit.

Beautiful writing. The sheer scope of it... I'm gonna need to reread this one. Maybe while drunk or something. I've never gotten drunk before, but I feel like my brain needs to be a little bigger, a little more malleable before this one can sink in properly. We've got themes of faith and hope and betrayal and... there's a plan, and it is glorious. Story going places I cannot imagine.

Buy The Omega Men.

what marvel issues that are out today do you guys recommend to me if I want something that will likely be la flame in terms of creative output?

i wanna go 2 max. right now i'm leaning towards aaron's dr. strange because I'm already familiar with his past work with image and thor and so i find that might be a safe bet.

edit: nevermind, thought they did the entire relaunch haha, might just grab doctor strange

Hagi

whoa Iron Man was great

funny, interesting, killer art

is this 2008? I can gladly put up with Bendis not being on X-men if this is what we're getting instead

whoa Iron Man was great

funny, interesting, killer art

is this 2008? I can gladly put up with Bendis not being on X-men if this is what we're getting instead

bendis has more great books than good ones, it's just a simple fact. if there were no guardians series before his people would probably even love that too.

Hagi

bendis has more great books than good ones, it's just a simple fact. if there were no guardians series before his people would probably even love that too.

I've always been on Team Bendis I'm just glad one of my favourite heroes has a good book again :D

Just finished Spider-man and wtf are you doing Slott lol

tFdO5ET.gif

book is fun though and that's all I want from Spidey so in for the foreseeable future

REALLY impressed with ANAD so far. Only read .1, 0, Spidey and IM.

It's definitely knocked mid tier books into the pits of garbage (Carnage), but all the Avengers stuff is pretty much Duggan and Ewing shining, Spidey and IM have truly great new status quos, and I'm actually pretty interested in a Squadron Supreme that
has "our" Hyperion

It looks like the applecheeked fresh faces are really stepping up to the plate with some great ideas.

Oh and they've been telling the same Inhuman preview story for like four years now.

Hagi

Spidey was cool I'm interested in the Peter stuff and I'll be buying Silk because the new status quo sounds cool. Don't really know what's going on with Spider-woman not sure if I want to find out. Web Warriors is a miss as well for me I think.

Birdie quick question who the hell is
Regent?
Can't say I've come across this character before.

Spidey was cool I'm interested in the Peter stuff and I'll be buying Silk because the new status quo sounds cool. Don't really know what's going on with Spider-woman not sure if I want to find out. Web Warriors is a miss as well for me I think.

Birdie quick question who the hell is
Regent?
Can't say I've come across this character before.

The bro from Renew Your Vows? New dude as far as I know

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Can anyone give me a code for ASM? I would give my ASM code back asap I have my Issue, but this will take a couple of weeks and I very curious right now :D

And like I said, I would give mine back when my book arrived.

Absolutely.

Maybe birdie is too hype today. Hmmm. Not every book can be a winner.

not every book is.

the carnage preview is among america's wackest comics

that said

KEVIN NOWLAN BACK UP IN STRANGE OMFGGGG

i also haven't read everything today yet, so, you know

trust me ;P

Shaanyboi

Banned
Bendis dropped word about a new Jessica Jones comic by him, Gaydos and Mack. For free.

http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.co...sday-bomb-drop-i-am-so-excited-to-give-to#_=_

Holy shit.

Although the emphasis on including the Netflix Daredevil probably means very little connective tissue between the two shows.

EDIT: Short and kinda frivolous. Definitely tonally in-line with the old Alias series though, so that was a nice throwback. Some of those Daredevil panels looked fantastic.

Telos #1 was aight. It's got a solid premise, decent writing, decent art. Nothing to write home about yet, but entirely readable. If you're looking for a DC Cosmic tale of a Silver Surfer-like forced to work with a severely weakened Galactus expy, both clearly planning to betray the other as soon as is convenient, look no further!

Two things about it really stood out:

1) The Odyssey framing is an interesting touch, and speaks well for further possibilities

2) I had no idea Nu52 Brainiac wasn't a Kryptonian construct, but instead his own dude. Apparently there's a planet full of 'em. Who knew? The setup adds a little bit of Sinestro's backstory as a world-spanning tyrant who eventually inflicts himself on the rest of the universe. It works.

Top Bottom