• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

JTripper

Just finished volume 1 of Brubaker's Daredevil run. It was pretty great. Whereas Bendis' run was more of a gritty street noir, Brubaker's feels like a Bond-esque caper mystery and I love both.

They're doing that "here's a bunch of meaningless side stories for two or three pages to advertise our other spider books" thing they did last time they relaunched to bump up the pagecount.

Except this time, they don't even have a Kaine-centric story to make it worthwhile.

All those Spider people and still no Kaine? That is a tragedy.

More money for other comics.

I'll check out Iron Man and Dr. Strange, but I just can't get into books about old men.

CNE8pYz.jpg

Drayco21

All those Spider people and still no Kaine? That is a tragedy.

More money for other comics.

No Anya either, despite featuring the team she's ostensibly supposed to be having a major role in, because Spider-Gwen dispalced her.

Marvel's just pushing all the worst Spiders, and forgetting all the best. It's a genuine shame.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Holy shit at this Del Mundo art in this All New X-Men issue. Bachalo better watch his ass because I might have to reconsider my favorite artist

Owzers

I'm not going to sit around here and read about people passing on ASM because of price. This is Spider-Man, do you know how lucky you are to be living in the age of Spider-Man comics? Buy it!

dont you dare skip the beginning of the avengers line!

I'm not going to sit around here and read about people passing on ASM because of price. This is Spider-Man, do you know how lucky you are to be living in the age of Spider-Man comics? Buy it!

ANAD sounds like the perfect jumping-off point for Marvel.

Owzers

What's the difference between buying from DCBS Digital Store Powered by Comixology, and buying from Comixology?
You get 5% back for dcbs purchases if you buy through the store...or some number.

ANAD is pushing me towards the Batsquirreling books, only avengers book I'm buying is Ultimates sine I like Rockafort. I'm in for more Howard ( the duck, not Dwight), Doctor strange, trying patsy walker, starbrand and nighmask, maybe power man and iron fist, and the black panther book.

Afrodium

Banned

Alright, you got me. I guess I can read them in line at the soup kitchen. Well worth it for 30 minutes of entertainment.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Spider-Man with giant eyes is the only real Spider-Man

Sandfox

The Dr. Strange book is $5 too. I'm assuming all of the books are getting a slight price increase for the first issue.

Only certain books have price bumps for the first issue and they all have something extra.

They're doing that "here's a bunch of meaningless side stories for two or three pages to advertise our other spider books" thing they did last time they relaunched to bump up the pagecount.

Except this time, they don't even have a Kaine-centric story to make it worthwhile.

ASM has a lot of extra pages so the stories are probably going to be longer than that.

Comixology is actually having Marvel collected editions on sale? :O Too bad it's only Iron Man stuff. Still have $25 in credit I got for my birthday last month, waiting for the right sale.

I see besada's avatar is on sale.

IrishNinja

hey, so what's the average height/length of a comic? i guess i could go measure one but i'm bein lazy - was thinking i wanna take 6 of the marvel hip hop variants & frame em together, not sure what size frame'd work best

also anyone reading Sons of the Devil? its interesting so far but i always wanna ride these things out before cosigning, lest they get millar'd in the end

Should I buy Saga in digital trades or digital singles? I can't decide. Comixology have both formats on sale, but there are six single issues not collected in trade format yet.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Should I buy Saga in digital trades or digital singles? I can't decide. Comixology have both formats on sale, but there are six single issues not collected in trade format yet.

?

All 5 trades are currently on Comixology which encompasses all 30 issues. Only the first 4 trades are on sale though. As is, buying all the single issues comes out to $30, while getting the five trades is $35. Unless you wanna just get the four on-sale volumes and wait for Vol 5 to drop some time.

?

All 5 trades are currently on Comixology which encompasses all 30 issues. Only the first 4 trades are on sale though. As is, buying all the single issues comes out to $30, while getting the five trades is $35. Unless you wanna just get the four on-sale volumes and wait for Vol 5 to drop some time.

Oh, my bad. I didn't look beyond what was on sale. Do the trades have extras?

Shaanyboi

Banned
Oh, my bad. I didn't look beyond what was on sale. Do the trades have extras?

Nothing really stand-out. A handful of unique pieces by Fiona Staples, but nothing like script pages or anything. There's a Deluxe Vol 1 which is instead the first 18 issues that has a bunch of behind-the-scenes stuff, but I think that runs for 30 bucks on its own. It makes sense to go for that at the regular price, it matches out, but not with the rest on sale. Depends how important that stuff is to you.

EDIT: Correction, it's 40, not 30.

Nothing really stand-out. A handful of unique pieces by Fiona Staples, but nothing like script pages or anything. There's a Deluxe Vol 1 which is instead the first 18 issues that has a bunch of behind-the-scenes stuff, but I think that runs for 30 bucks on its own. It makes sense to go for that at the regular price, it matches out, but not with the rest on sale. Depends how important that stuff is to you.

Thanks for the help! I'll go with the singles and check out the deluxe hardcover edition.

Top Bottom