• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

It might be a $3.99 weekly, but fwiw, I think that Batman & Robin Eternal #1 was worth the money. Some fun batfamily moments, funny introduction subtitles (like [not really plot spoilers but funny moments]
Jason Todd: AKA Red Hood. Batman's Second Partner. Died on the job. Got better," and "Tim Drake. Batman's 3rd partner. 142 IQ. Bit of a showoff."
) Art is great, but, well, it's a weekly, so they'll be rotating in artists. It didn't really elevate the issue, but it did nothing to hamper it, and it was even pretty impressive in parts; the color especially was, while conventional, very atmospheric. You're not getting anything like Zero Year's bright hues, but Gotham at night looks gorgeous.

Highlights include:

-The three former Robins working together to take some fool down
-Dick Grayson getting his ass kicked by
Cassandra Cain
-And a very intriguing mystery. There's a moment at the end that some people might feel is going a little hard for the shock value, but hell, it's got me interested enough that I'm willing to look past that.

Will definitely be sticking with it, budget permitting. Messi's right that at 3.99 a week, this one's gonna end up being costly, but hell, this is comics. What isn't?

Mindwipe

I love Ribic's exaggerated faces

1h0ke1.png

Ribic to draw Nu-52 Azreal confirmed.

Action Comics #45 continues the "Action Comics is consistently great" trend the previous 4 issues set up by virtue of being pretty great. Supes is a good guy in a tough situation that merges sci-fi threats with very mundane issues. On the one hand, you've got Wrath, possibly at the center of some vast anti-Superman conspiracy. On the other, there's... well, wrath, with a lower case w. Superman is angry because he feels powerless and alone, and the general public is angry either because they feel betrayed by the revelation that Superman has been hiding amongst them, or because they feel that the first group is treating Superman unfairly. And then there's just the everyday issues people face that keep blowing up. It's a whole thing.

E the Shaggy

With every book being like a standard $5 (seriously what the fuck even?), just get Marvel Unlimited which is a little bit more a month with the entire Marvel catalog on there.

LOL at the last page of ASM. It was only a matter of time.

With every book being like a standard $5 (seriously what the fuck even?), just get Marvel Unlimited which is a little bit more a month with the entire Marvel catalog on there.

LOL at the last page of ASM. It was only a matter of time.

"standard" is a bit of a reach

out of todays marvel comics:

$4: 17
$5: 3
$6: 3

Top Bottom