• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Hagi

So
Doom Lives?

You might want to expand on this because how the hell is anyone meant to know what you are talking about lol

spoilers work better when you give people context so they know whether or not to click
right?

Bloodshot Reborn #7

Or the Strange Case Where Lemire’s Writing is as Amazing As The Art.

This is Lemire’s best work to date, and it just seemingly gets better with each issue. It gives what I initially thought was just a stock character character for Valiant, Bloodshot, such an incredible amount of life and realism. It’s absolutely brutal and hauntingly beautiful, and it just keeps capitalizing on these two characteristics. Butch Guice has left absolutely nothing on the table; dude is working for that legendary status every month.

BUT, even more bananas is where Lemire is taking this story in issue #10.

Valiant’s Hero Bloodshot Gets Reborn in a Mad Max-esque, Monster Truck-Filled Apocalypse

And I’ve saved my self-ascribed one image per post quota for this incredible piece by Lewis LaRosa of Ninjak post-timeskip, because it’s dope as fuck and my hype levels are through the roof.

sEtMkJN.jpg

Batman looks like he belongs in The Big Book of British Smiles.

Either that or he's a very messy eater. You'd have thought Alfred would have taught him table manners.

mreddie

You might want to expand on this because how the hell is anyone meant to know what you are talking about lol

spoilers work better when you give people context so they know whether or not to click
right?

Okay, in the new Iron Man book,
DOOM LIVES

Aren't Afterlife's delays worse? At least we've gotten 3 issues of Sabrina this year

I haven't kept track, but I think the delay between #1 and #2 was something like 7 months.

I wish we'd get more, but greatness can't be rushed. I learnt that lesson with Planetary and Astonishing X-Men a long while back, same thing with Hawkeye this year.

There is the the great comics I have read today and then there is Omega Men #5 which transcends great comics to being and instant classic.

I haven't kept track, but I think the delay between #1 and #2 was something like 7 months.

I wish we'd get more, but greatness can't be rushed. I learnt that lesson with Planetary and Astonishing X-Men a long while back, same thing with Hawkeye this year.

I will never be able to fathom the amount of torture people who waited on Planetary had to have felt.

Messi

I have been holding off on reading the Afterlife issues in hopes of a volume 2 trade. But I just bought the vol 2 issues on comixology. Fuck it, Sabrina is on the cover for #6 so I am glad to see she is back in the book. I dropped her book after the massive delay between 1 & 2

I will never be able to fathom the amount of torture people who waited on Planetary had to have felt.

"YOU DON'T KNOW MAN, YOU WEREN'T THERE!"

I have been holding off on reading the Afterlife issues in hopes of a volume 2 trade. But I just bought the vol 2 issues on comixology. Fuck it, Sabrina is on the cover for #6 so I am glad to see she is back in the book. I dropped her book after the massive delay between 1 & 2

#6 was my favourite, it got weird as fuck.

Just read Midnighter. Is was solid. It was entertaining. Just missing something for me to call it great. Can't put my finger on it just yet.

so B&R eternal....

the shit with batman shooting someone? that better be misleading or something

Misleading, mind control, or some real character-changing shit.

They're definitely setting this up to be the reason for Bruce's return to the cowl. Unwinnable scenario unless they find out the knowledge tucked in his head forces the Batfamily to restore Bruce's memories.

Honestly, the writing is still about on par with Lemire, IMO. It just doesn't have Sorrentino's astonishing art to carry it any more.

Speaking of less than astonishing art, Green Arrow Annual is kind of a mess. Some panels look like more like poorly cel-shaded 3D than anything else, and the story is kind of all over the place. I think I would've much preferred it if they took a break from serious stuff and just did an "Ollie and Emiko attend a Halloween parade, things get crazy" story. As is, the social justice message is kind of dull.

His art was so nice, I would have gladly bought just for that.

You're going to be waiting a long time, the TPB was resolicited from a volume 1 to come out this winter to a complete collection to come out next August or so.

Damn. With DC un-cancelling it back to 12 issues, I had hoped we would get one of their regular 6 issue trades soon.

There is the the great comics I have read today and then there is Omega Men #5 which transcends great comics to being and instant classic.

I don't know how I missed this, but it's 100% true.

Everyone here should be buying Omega Men, because it is absolutely top shelf comics.

Nothing else I read in any given month measures up, except maybe Martian Manhunter.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
i am definitely done buying Slott spideys monthly, have been for awhile and the relaunch didn't persuade me, all spidey books are relegated to MU for now.

I've never read a Spider-Man book. Well maybe one cross-over issue with X-Force back in the day but that's about it. He just doesn't interest me as a character. The movies certainly haven't helped their cause at all.

Messi

I've never read a Spider-Man book. Well maybe one cross-over issue with X-Force back in the day but that's about it. He just doesn't interest me as a character. The movies certainly haven't helped their cause at all.

It doesn't help that Peter is boring as shit.

How are people even questioning whether or not that's a fake out?

Because hey, who the fuck knows anymore? This is the DCYou! Batman's a robot, Bruce Wayne is an amnesiac, Superman is an SJW. Shits getting real!

Because it's more fun to let yourself get carried away by the possibilities than it is to stop and think about it.

So Ben Percy ripped off his (very mediocre) novel Red Moon for the Green Arrow annual. Well that's certainly something

Such a turrible book. And the art was awful, too.

Top Bottom