• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Afrodium

Banned
Worth it for the DD preev
Carnage is butt
SHIELD is ok
Rocky and Groot is fun
there were maybe others...?

Everyone is talking about Spidey, but I can't believe they're charging $6 for this. Should be free or $1 since it's basically a collection of previews.

Hey new readers, now's the perfect time to jump into Marvel. Are you interested in seeing the variety of #1s we're offering? COUGH IT UP

Today has really revitalized my comics love.

I spent all morning reading while a giant new Destiny mystery was getting uncovered and I was like "Ah, it can wait."

Balance restored.

I love you all equally.

Hagi

Everyone is talking about Spidey, but I can't believe they're charging $6 for this. Should be free or $1 since it's basically a collection of previews.

Hey new readers, now's the perfect time to jump into Marvel. Are you interested in seeing the variety of #1s we're offering? COUGH IT UP

I guess nobody is talking about it because they did the same Point One thing for Marvel Now. Going the DC approach would be cool but that would also make the previews free so lol says Marvel

Worth it for the DD preev
Carnage is butt
SHIELD is ok
Rocky and Groot is fun
there were maybe others...?

I'm only really interested in Daredevil so I'll pass. What about Avengers?

Backup story by the unmissable Kevin Nowlan

Extra pages. Iron Man was better, though, unless you are a big Bachalo fan. Strange, the art was mind-blowing but the writing needs to catch up. I'm giving it one more issue.

The backup is the best part of the book. It was indeed fantastic.

CMX only counts 28 pages?

You don't think Lord Bachalo deserves $5?

Maaaaaan, don't start with that now. Lots of people deserve $5.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
So, I picked up Head Lopper on comixology, but the damn thing won't download properly onto my Surface Pro. So fricking annoying. I downloaded it to my iPad Air 2, but my wife is currently using that. I don't want to read it on my phone. The comixology app is such shit on the Surface, but they've discontinued it anyway. I've read a few pages using their stupid web browser, and I'm really digging the book and the art. I LOVE the storytelling and the clean art. Very nice. I'm eager to read more.

In happier news, Issue #2 of my comic book, The Gamma Gals is complete and available on Amazon Kindle! Issue #1 is of course also still available on Kindle as well.

I submitted the first two issues to Comixology, but their process takes FOREVER. By the time that shit gets approved, all four issues of the mini series will be complete!

Sorry for the plug, but I'm just so damn happy to be halfway through my arc! I'm taking a breather for a few days, but I'll start penciling, inking, coloring, and lettering issue #3 this weekend.

the_gamma_gals__2___cover_by_ffnb-d96noyv.jpg

Hagi

Right? Today is amazing. I've been collecting comics for twenty-five years, give or take, and have never bought so many books in a single day.

this is the most I've spent on new stuff in a while and I've enjoyed everything so that's a bonus. I was total sceptical about this ANAD stuff but so far I'm in like flynn.

Ok, fuck it, all in on this ANAD. ASM, Iron Man, Strange, Avengers.

Yes Hagi, an expensive comic day is a good comic day.

i love this hobby

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I got paid, I bought 4 weeks worth of comic books. I am back fam.

giphy.gif

Comics cost me nearly €150

Lol.

I had to restrain myself. I only picked up a few books besides Head Lopper. There is so much I'm behind on, but it's going to have to wait until payday next week. I should be able to splurge then.

I bought a lot of stuff today, but Dark Horse singles is definitely the best thing for today. Now I can stay up to date on Buffy (when I catch up).

i love this hobby

Even through my cynicism, I have to agree.

I got paid, I bought 4 weeks worth of comic books. I am back fam.

Comics cost me nearly €150

List of final haul? I like to live vicariously through your purchases.

Read the first issue of Doctor Mirage. Didn't know anything about the character before and the first issue doesn't give too much away about the character but I loved it.

Jen van Meter is a very writer. I loved her Black Cat mini and that level of craft remains here. The opening scene was pretty great. The rest was build up as first issues tend to be but this was smartly written.

De La Torres work here is the best I've seen from him. It's moody, gritty and textured without skimping on details or backgrounds. The colorist did a great job establishing mood throughout the story and complimenting the artwork. I've seen many colorists trip up when working on similar line work so it's nice to see someone get it so right.

Valiant really does find underappreciated talent that has worked with Marvel and DC before and is looking for a better chance.

Will keep reading this title.

I have yet to get a golden legendary.

:/

I've had five, but I've been playing since the later days of closed beta. Tirion, Chillmaw, Gallywix, Gahz'rilla and Mimiron's Head. I only have the first two now, if it's not guaranteed to see play they're just worth too much dust.

Got Rhonin from a pack last night! Finally I can play Kibler's deck from Trolden's last video. I can live the Malygos -> Effigy + Duplicate -> Get an Aviana and play both duplicated Malygos dream!

Top Bottom