• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

I've had five, but I've been playing since the later days of closed beta. Tirion, Chillmaw, Gallywix, Gahz'rilla and Mimiron's Head. I only have the first two now, if it's not guaranteed to see play they're just worth too much dust.

Got Rhonin from a pack last night! Finally I can play Kibler's deck from Trolden's last video. I can live the Malygos -> Effigy + Duplicate -> Get an Aviana and play both duplicated Malygos dream!

Rhonin is such a boss

Read the first issue of Doctor Mirage. Didn't know anything about the character before and the first issue doesn't give too much away about the character but I loved it.

Jen van Meter is a very writer. I loved her Black Cat mini and that level of craft remains here. The opening scene was pretty great. The rest was build up as first issues tend to be but this was smartly written.

De La Torres work here is the best I've seen from him. It's moody, gritty and textured without skimping on details or backgrounds. The colorist did a great job establishing mood throughout the story and complimenting the artwork. I've seen many colorists trip up when working on similar line work so it's nice to see someone get it so right.

Valiant really does find underappreciated talent that has worked with Marvel and DC before and is looking for a better chance.

Will keep reading this title.

Glad you're enjoying that one. It's certainly a very unique title because of how disconnected it is from other Valiant titles. The Deadside was kind of explored in Shadowman, but it feels like it's the first time delving into those parts of it and it feels like it's very much a staple of this story. Also, it's a very personal and scaled-down tale, which is a unique approach in itself.

Sidenote, don't be put off my #2. It's kind of exposition heavy and somewhat boring, but it ramps up from there.

Messi

List of final haul? I like to live vicariously through your purchases.

Zodiac Starforce #1
Fresh Romance #5
Sons Of The Devil #5
They're Not Like Us #8
Jem and the Holograms (2015-) Outrageous Annual #1
Grayson (2014-) #2: Annual
Batman (2011-) #4: Annual
Grayson (2014-) #12
The Spire #3
Harley Quinn and Power Girl (2015-) #4
Southern Cross #5
Sex Criminals #12
Jem and the Holograms (2015-) #7
Prez (2015-) #4
Martian Manhunter (2015-) #4
Robin: Son of Batman (2015-) #4
Secret Six (2014-) #6
Black Canary (2015-) #4
Harley Quinn (2013-) #20
Earth 2: Society (2015-) #3
Phonogram: The Immaterial Girl #2
Catwoman (2011-) #44
Earth 2: Society (2015-) #4
Detective Comics (2011-) #44
They're Not Like Us #7
Sons Of The Devil #4
Grayson (2014-) #11
Prez (2015-) #3
Harley Quinn (2013-) #19
We Are Robin (2015-) #3
Fresh Romance #4
Justice League 3001 (2015-) #1
Sunstone Vol. 3
Martian Manhunter (2015-) #3
Empty Zone #1
Batman and Robin Eternal #1
Detective Comics #45
Omega Men #5
Paper Girls #1
Plutona #2
We Stand on Guard #4
Copperhead #10
Jughead #1
Archie #3
Afterlife with Archie 6-8
Rumble #7
Batgirl #44
Shutter #15
The Beauty #2
Rat Queens #12
Tokyo Ghost #1

Oh and I bought these separately...so it's closer to 200 lol. Shit.

1602 Angela Witch Hunter #4
Amazing Spiderman #1
Avengers #0
Contest of Champions #1
Doctor Strange #1
Groot #5
Invincible Iron Man #1
Secret Wars #6
Siege #4
Point One #1

giphy.gif

Neol

Just finished reading my haul for this week and the highlights for me is definitely Paper Girls and Jughead. Already loving the setting and characters Brain K. has set up for Paper Girls as well as the art and Jughead had me smiling and laughing throughout.

ASM is alright. Can understand it being hard to justify the $6 but I enjoyed the side content and am somewhat into the spidey-verse so there is that. Have to say though I'm not really feeling CEO Peter but I can see it getting better as time goes on.

A bit disappointed with Doctor Strange as the art is good but not really digging the writing and the approach they are taking with the character. I'll give it another chance if anything but definitely having some regrets picking up this instead of Iron Man.

Owzers

what if i bought the second edition harley black and white statue and then painted her to be like the first edition?

Hagi

Wait a minute.

TMNT IDW Collection 2 collects #13-20.

That's 9 issues.

For $50.

This is a goddamn crime against comic readers.

IDW prices are a bit high for their trades and collections which is a shame as I'd like to pick up stuff like Ghostbusters or TMNT

There's almost certainly going to be a TMNT Humble Bundle one of these days. I am content to wait.

Interview with Stjepan Sejic on "Switch"

I already bought the first one though. I have to keep collecting...

IDW prices are a bit high for their trades and collections which is a shame as I'd like to pick up stuff like Ghostbusters or TMNT

They are the worst. I wouldn't have bought the first TMNT if it wasn't over 50% off. But now that I have the first and want to finish the collection, this price is killing me.

Tizoc

Wait a minute.

TMNT IDW Collection 2 collects #13-20.

That's 9 issues.

For $50.

This is a goddamn crime against comic readers.

Take a chapter from book: Wait for ish to be mega cheap on IST or amazon and buy it then. No need to be in a hurry for tpbs and Hardcovers.

Messi

I already bought the first one though. I have to keep collecting...

They are the worst. I wouldn't have bought the first TMNT if it wasn't over 50% off. But now that I have the first and want to finish the collection, this price is killing me.

It will have a discount on ist. Never pay RRP.

Hagi

Yeah it's a bummer I think I'm going to wait for some kind of IDW sale so I can pick up all of MTMTE instead of getting the trades

Usually those TMNT anniversary issues are the size of very thin trades. The ones I bought even have spines.

I don't know if that's the case for the new one though.

Usually those TMNT anniversary issues are the size of very thin trades. The ones I bought even have spines.

This one is 48 pages. Idk, the trade binding could explain it, but it's the same digital.

Unrelated, but I just realized your avatar is the guy from Bakemonogatari. Niiiiiice.

Hagi

it's 48 pages according to comixology

even if it's the last issue of the run that's pricey

I forgot I got volume one of the new Star Wars book yesterday so it really is a good week for comics

VanWinkle

Man, everything I've read so far today has been AMAZING. Gotham Academy #1 and #2, Grayson #1 and #2, Batman Death of the Family. What a quality comic day.

Man, everything I've read so far today has been AMAZING. Gotham Academy #1 and #2, Grayson #1 and #2, Batman Death of the Family. What a quality comic day.

Now read Omega Men and Martian Manhunter and your day will be complete.

I will get you to buy some single issues, dammit.

it's 48 pages according to comixology

even if it's the last issue of the run that's pricey

I forgot I got volume one of the new Star Wars book yesterday so it really is a good week for comics

This one is 48 pages. Idk, the trade binding could explain it, but it's the same digital.

Unrelated, but I just realized your avatar is the guy from Bakemonogatari. Niiiiiice.
Hey I didn't say I liked their price I was just throwin it out :p I've complained about IDW's pricing many times. And thanks Lunchpad, it's from the Kizumonogatari trailer.

Just saw that the Batman Year 100 HC is out next week. Might have to get it for Pope. I already own it digitally though...

JTripper

Can't wait to read Amazing Spider-Man #1 and Batman & Robin Eternal today. My wallet is sweating at the idea that I might pick up Eternal weekly again but I heard great things about #1.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
i thought there was a new secret wars today?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
SPIDERMAN GUYS SPIDERMAN!!!!! SPIDERMAN!!

It was honestly way more fun that I thought it would be. I expected something more serious and I got
jokes about Kraven's nipples and Peter trying to learn a foreign language while learning to stunt drive at the same time
. Also, goddamn at the end of the main story.

i thought there was a new secret wars today?

There was. Shit got real. It's going down.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I miss the days when ComicGaf went crazy for crazy Secret Wars happenings. What happened to this place?

Videogames OT indeed :(

Can't wait to read Amazing Spider-Man #1 and Batman & Robin Eternal today. My wallet is sweating at the idea that I might pick up Eternal weekly again but I heard great things about #1.

Eternal #1 was pretty fantastic. Great moments for Dick, Jason, Tim, and Harper. Promising new villains and an interesting mystery.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I miss the days when ComicGaf went crazy for crazy Secret Wars happenings. What happened to this place?

Videogames OT indeed :(

There's a thread for Secret Wars talk, that's what happened.

Also Spider-man was way more fun than it had any right being.

Top Bottom