• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

I miss the days when ComicGaf went crazy for crazy Secret Wars happenings. What happened to this place?

Videogames OT indeed :(

We have been like 90% on topic all day! Too much good comic out there today for Secret Wars to hog the spotlight

I should probably go read it now

Will I need to know anything about Batman Eternal to jump on Batman and Robin Eternal?

Anything? Um... maybe.

B&RE seems to be built more out of the fallout from Forever Evil and Batman: Endgame. Harper Row got brought into the spotlight in Eternal, though, and she seems to have a fairly big part in this.

We have been like 90% on topic all day! Too much good comic out there today for Secret Wars to hog the spotlight

I should probably go read it now

fucking WHAT??????

there just so happened to be even more awesome comics today

it's like literally ALL we've been talking about

FOR PAGES

Yeah. Like, for once all the talk today has been about comics.

Though I do wish more of it had been about The Omega Men.

ASM was pretty fun, as was Midnighter and Doctor Strange. Batman + Robin: Eternal and Omega Men are coming right after I finish up Iron Man.

So yeah, lots of comics today.

Afrodium

Banned
Anything? Um... maybe.

B&RE seems to be built more out of the fallout from Forever Evil and Batman: Endgame. Harper Row got brought into the spotlight in Eternal, though, and she seems to have a fairly big part in this.

Alright, I bet I'll be good then. I've been reading other Batman stuff so I bet I'll be fine.

Is Harper Row that sidekick with the piercings and Demi Lovato haircut? She looks lame.

Owzers

i'm waiting for my gamefly'd MGS 5 to come in the mail so i can play it, get mad at it, and return it before Jurassic World blu ray comes out to rent.

Sooooooo. What games is everyone buying this month?

Well, the Giant Bombcast convinced me to buy The Beginner's Guide, so I literally just bought that.

Rest of this month:
Sword Coast Legends
Minecraft: Story Mode
Warhammer End Times: Vermintide

I'm looking forward to the Life is Strange finale more than anything else this month though. 13 days!

I'm also getting PS4 pangs. I really want to get a console and Uncharted, since I've never played the series but always wanted to. Probably have to wait til Christmas for that though.

Messi

I am only a few pages into Spider-Man buuuuuutt this is amazing and more than anything I absolutely love the art. It's been so long since I was able to fully enjoy the art in amazing spidey. I got a taste of great art in spider verse with Copiel but he could never stay ongoing. This art is lovely and it is very colourful. I love Ramos but it's better that he moved on. I just pray this fellow draws a nice
---------------------------------------------Anna Maria
. His
Mockingbird
is nice.

Watching a live stream of someone playing Battlefront. It looks cool actually.

I like Harper. I just think she is surplus to requirements. But maybe Batman and Robin Eternal can change that.

Hagi

How do you get in? Can you be a girl stormtrooper?

We don't know what the customization is like on the Imperial side but I haven't noticed any but apart from Phasma you wouldn't be able to tell the difference anyway.

Glad you enjoyed Spider-man it's the first time I've been hyped for it since Superior.

I got the following to play
Dragon Quest Heroes
Talos Principle
Corpse Party BD

Finally got Persona 4 DAN, I'm just playing and unlocking stages, but holy hell how is any of that 'dancing'?

I'm in for DQ Heroes, maybe Talos. Tales of Zestiria is the big one for me this month.

ElNarez

Banned
Iron Man was fire, dang. Turns out Bendis can get into a character and see what makes them tick and it's super well done, who knew?

Iron Man was a pretty fun start, characters were great, and Marquez is incredible with his pencils (how soon does
Friday
become everyone's new
waifu?
)

The
Thor
joke was great, and the ending is...intriguing. So Bendis has me on the hook for #2.

Messi

We don't know what the customization is like on the Imperial side but I haven't noticed any but apart from Phasma you wouldn't be able to tell the difference anyway.

Glad you enjoyed Spider-man it's the first time I've been hyped for it since Superior.

How about on the human side? Are there girls on that side ?

I've always liked slotts stuff. But this reboot is much better than his last reboot.

I picked it up. Now comes the hard part... I just have to read it.

I legit laughed out loud. I know those feelings all too well.

Hagi

Iron Man was fire, dang. Turns out Bendis can get into a character and see what makes them tick and it's super well done, who knew?

It's weird but I'm ever so slightly looking forward to seeing what they do with Civil War now that he's in the reigns with Tony.

How about on the human side? Are there girls on that side ?

I've always liked slotts stuff. But this reboot is much better than his last reboot.

Yeah there are female Rebels. I'm sure during the main game you will be able to play as one solely instead of getting a random character like now.

Messi

Bendis is usually really good at single characters. It's teams he struggles with. I still love his team books though.

His Avengers run wasn't even that bad from what I can remember. It's just Guardians is kind of meh.

literally his only sub-fantastic Marvel book (i ain't touch that icon ish).

i'm just assuming rich ryder like adopted the kitten they found in their neighborhood or something

Messi

Didn't read it but I noticed lately people have pretty much turned "Bendis can't write" into a meme. Irritates the hell out of me, absolutely hate people turning opinions into running jokes to be repeated ad nausem.

Did you see they announced a new Guardians book?

Marvel-Guardians-of-Infinity-comic-cover.jpg

GUARDIANS OF INFINITY #1
Written by DAN ABNETT & JASON LATOUR
Art by CARLO BARBERI & JIM CHEUNG
Cover by JIM CHEUNG
Variant Cover by CARLO BARBERI

IN THE INFINITE EXPANSE OF TIME AND SPACE IS THERE ROOM FOR MORE GUARDIANS? YOU BET THERE IS!

Defending the galaxy is a good gig, but Drax isn’t thrilled with the combat hours (not enough of them) and Rocket isn’t thrilled with the compensation (not enough of it). They’re off on an adventure to supplement both, and Groot is happy to come along. But instead of the perks they want, they’re about to get more trouble than they can handle. Good thing the Guardians 3000 are on hand to help! But what about…THE GUARDIANS 1000??!!

Also in this issue, Latour and Cheung tell a one-off story of Ben Grimm and Rocket Raccoon, stuck on a planet where culture is based on Earth-style professional wrestling…but the stakes are life and death! THIS AIN’T KAYFABE, BROTHER!

Didn't read it but I noticed lately people have pretty much turned "Bendis can't write" into a meme. Irritates the hell out of me, absolutely hate people turning opinions into running jokes to be repeated ad nausem.

I've never disliked Bendis. The only kinda-sorta negative thing I can really say about his writing is that it's extremely formulaic, which it always has been. Not technically bad, that's just his writing style.

Messi

His Avengers run wasn't even that bad from what I can remember. It's just Guardians is kind of meh.

I loved his Uncanny and All New. I even think that while his Guardians isn't fantastic it's not terrible. I like reading it.

Getting comics read and animu watched in a month with a lot of big game releases is a struggle.

I have started watching stuff again for the first time in like two years, but cartoons, not animu. Rick and Morty, it's so good, it's a better Doctor Who show than Doctor Who is right now. I just got to the Meeseeks episode over dinner and I cried laughing.

"I've been trying to help Jerry for TWO DAYS, an eternity in Meeseeks time, and nothing's worked. I fear the worst!"
"YOUR FAILURES ARE YOUR OWN, OLD MAN!"

"I'm more of a stickler Meeseeks! What about your short game?"

Comics before bed, looking forward to today's books from all the good feedback here. I'm glad for both Bendis and Iron Man the character that the new book seems to be good. I probably won't stay up for NXT tonight, wrestling while eating breakfast sounds good though.

As far as Bendis' Avengers, it was good until Civil War, died off until Dark Reign, both Dark and New were good up to Siege, then the Heroic Age books were dogshit except for the first two arcs of Avengers and maybe the End Times arcs.

Top Bottom