• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Sou Da

So to anyone who read Dr.Strange:

Is Stephen going to bother looking for his old teenage sidekick before he just snatches up a new girl?

His Avengers run wasn't even that bad from what I can remember. It's just Guardians is kind of meh.

His Avengers was cool. His Guardians...isn't, and I don't really like (most of) his X-Men.

But otherwise, he's really really good (Ultimate Spidey and Daredevil are A+, as are Alias and Powers).

Hagi

literally his only sub-fantastic Marvel book (i ain't touch that icon ish).

i'm just assuming rich ryder like adopted the kitten they found in their neighborhood or something

He kinda reared the ship with Guardians after the movie hit but even then it's only something I'd read on Marvel Unlimited. I might pick up the new book for Kitty and Ben.

I need to pick up Alias now that they are reprinting it. Never read it before and the show looks awesome.

VanWinkle

My wife and I are going to a new comic shop that opened around here. I think I will allow myself to buy one single issue. We will see.

Into issues 600-700 on the Chronological Marvel Reading Order and I'm somewhat surprised that it's Spiderman and Fantastic Four propping up the entire Marvel Universe right now. Not so much Spiderman, but Fantastic Four as I really didn't like that to begin with, however they've really hit their stride over the last 10 issues or so.

Silver Surfer and the Inhumans introduction have been very interesting, and Doom's Galactic Level Power run was good (but short lived). Fantastic Four seems to be the launch pad for a lot of Galactic level heroes/villains and events, which I really like. The only thing I don't really like is Reed Richards, he's a bit of a dick to nearly everyone. I really feel sorry for Sue. I probably shouldn't be surprised that Fantastic Four is the bedrock of the Marvel Universe right now, considering that's where it all started.

Spiderman is the complete opposite in that it's totally grounded in Peter's World, and I like that. His balancing act between being a hero and a normal college kid drives the issues along nicely (even if Aunt May thinks he's fragile). The supporting cast are amazing too, they're just as important as Peter Parker/Spiderman to me. Mary Jane's cool lingo is odd as hell though, I hope that's dropped sometime soon.
I'm still trying to work out how Peter Parker had so many hot girls after him!

I was REALLY enjoying Doctor Strange, but since they wrapped up his initial storyline (and I think someone else took over), the death of the Ancient One, and the introduction of Kaluu\Umar it seems to have lost all momentum (although I got the impression the Living Tribunal was/is going to be a major thing to come).
The artwork is amazing though, and some of the full spreads are pretty crazy. I do like how there was a little crossover between Doctor Strange and Fantastic Four's crazy elements world (or at least I think there is).

I miss The Hulk.

Daredevil is disgusting. I skim through those issues.
Avengers is treading water too. I miss Iron Man. However, I'm currently thankful there's a lull in Thor's appearances as 500-600 had a huge back-to-back run of Thor (most of which I didn't enjoy). Yet, I'd easily welcome more Hercules!
Nick Fury is a bizarre welcome break from it all, as it's pretty much just James Bond. Although being a late comer to Marvel, I do find it odd it's not Samuel L. Jackon's Fury.
Namor is floundering too. Basically I feel like this run in the order is a tough one, and I can't decide if it's Stan Lee holding it back, or if it's a lack of Stan Lee that's messing it up.
Uncanny X-Men is pointless. I'm disappointed they had a good 3 issue arch with the introduction of the Sentinels and social aspects of mutants/heroes and then everything just went to pot with shitty mutants of the week.
However, the next issue up in the order (633) is X-Men #32 which has Juggernaut on the cover, so it might be back to some actual meaningful story at least!

Messi

That last page of the main Spider-Man story

giphy.gif

Busaiku

Only book I know for a fact that is shipping twice this month is Iron Man
So is Amazing Spider-Man.
Going forward, Amazing Spider-Man will have 2 books a month, but the 2nd book will be the typical 1.x they started doing in the last volume.

Hagi

So is Amazing Spider-Man.
Going forward, Amazing Spider-Man will have 2 books a month, but the 2nd book will be the typical 1.x they started doing in the last volume.

oh sweet next Spidey is out the same day as Iron Man? fantastic I hope they are out the same day for the foreseeable future

I miss The Hulk.

Daredevil is disgusting. I skim through those issues.
Avengers is treading water too. I miss Iron Man. However, I'm currently thankful there's a lull in Thor's appearances as 500-600 had a huge back-to-back run of Thor (most of which I didn't enjoy). Yet, I'd easily welcome more Hercules!
Nick Fury is a bizarre welcome break from it all, as it's pretty much just James Bond. Although being a late comer to Marvel, I do find it odd it's not Samuel L. Jackon's Fury.
Namor is floundering too. Basically I feel like this run in the order is a tough one, and I can't decide if it's Stan Lee holding it back, or if it's a lack of Stan Lee that's messing it up.
Uncanny X-Men is pointless. I'm disappointed they had a good 3 issue arch with the introduction of the Sentinels and social aspects of mutants/heroes and then everything just went to pot with shitty mutants of the week.
However, the next issue up in the order (633) is X-Men #32 which has Juggernaut on the cover, so it might be back to some actual meaningful story at least!

Who was writing those Daredevil issues?

Afrodium

Banned
Yo, where's Avengers #0 in the Marvel app? It's on Comixology so it should be there. I've got gift card money on my iTunes account so the $6 is much easier to swallow.

Boogiepop

Wait a minute.

TMNT IDW Collection 2 collects #13-20.

That's 9 issues.

For $50.

This is a goddamn crime against comic readers.

This is not really accurate, as it also contains 5 micro series issues and the Secret History of the Foot Clan, which is a trade in and of itself. So you're actually getting a decent amount of comics for your money.

Also, it's goddamn good stuff, so I've had no problem paying the price to just plain get the trades as they come out (same goes for their Transformers stuff).

Edit: For clarity, the Secret History of the Foot Clan is 4 issues, so that's another 9 issues that you didn't note, doubling the size. And in case anyone thinks otherwise, all that stuff is great and every bit as significant as the numbered issues.

Sou Da

This is not really accurate, as it also contains 5 micro series issues and the Secret History of the Foot Clan, which is a trade in and of itself. So you're actually getting a decent amount of comics for your money.

Also, it's goddamn good stuff, so I've had no problem paying the price to just plain get the trades as they come out (same goes for their Transformers stuff).

Edit: For clarity, the Secret History of the Foot Clan is 4 issues, so that's another 9 issues that you didn't note, doubling the size. And in case anyone thinks otherwise, all that stuff is great and every bit as significant as the numbered issues.

Yeah Secret History is fantastic. God I have to catch up on TMNT too.

Drayco21

Wednesdays are my long classes day this semester, so I haven't gotten to read much, but Amazing Spider-Man and Secret Wars are so, so good.

Comics are fucking awesome.

IrishNinja

hey so
since my shop missed em, bout to hit ebay for these hip hop variant covers...before i do that, anyone know a one-stop online shop i might have an easier time with? hoping to catch em before they jump much

Busaiku

Why are the Giuseppe Camuncoli covers 1 for 50, he's the main artist...
I'm ok with Alex Ross covers being the main one, but at least make Mr. Camuncoli's easier to get.

Top Bottom