• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Marvel Comics
X-Men '92 #4

DC Comics
Batman & Robin Eternal #1
Wonder Woman '77 Special #2

Image Comics
Paper Girls #1
Sex #24

Other Publishers
Godzilla in Hell #3 (IDW)
Kaijumax #6 (Oni)
Public Relations #2 (Devils Due)

Also went to Best Buy, got Avengers 2: Age of Ultron and this.

20cj7Kx.jpg

Then, I went to Toys 'R Us and ended up getting this.

Qqu5bl4.jpg

Then, I went walking around the mall for the first time in forever and ended up leaving with this.

iW8kE9i.jpg

Expanding a bit on that shocking cliffhanger ending to Batman & Robin Eternal...
it's a fakeout. And if it's not a fakeout then it's DUMB and WRONG. You wanna know why? Because if Bruce Wayne, orphaned when his parents were gunned down in an alley, were to eventually go on to gun down parents in an alley, creating traumatized orphans like himself, willingly or unwillingly, he would undoubtedly end himself out of guilt. So yeah, if he's doing it willingly then Bruce Wayne is psychopathic garbage and the story is trashing his legacy. Unwillingly, then he overcame an insurmountable level of guilt for someone like himself then went on to bury the truth, and he's still trash.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so whos gonna spoil Secret Wars for me pls?

also how are the ANAD books released?

Hm. What if Inhumans is whatever, but it's got a good joke in the last panel.

MASSIVE SPOILERS FOR SECRET WARS #6.

The stuff in the preview happens.
Reed and Reed are building probes. Ultimate Reed wants to get on with destroying Doom, 616 Reed wants to defeat him, but thinks it would be a good idea to figure out how all existence wouldn't end first.
Valeria finds out Molecule Man's location and arrives there at the same time as the two Spider-men, sent by Reed.
Valeria decides she'd rather not know, but helps them access Owen's chamber under the statue.
Owen is very happy to get a hamburger from Miles (very funny) and starts to open up to them. He's keeping this all together, not Doom.
Doom summons his assorted barons and tells them to stop the rebellion lead by the prophet. Sinister is with Carol and planning to betray Doom.
Black Panther and Namor find Stephen Strange's pad. There's a teleporter there, and a little teeny thing we like to call The Infinity Gauntlet.
(yes, BP and Namor are bros once again. BP admitted that he was too much of a prima donna and should stop raging at the most inappropriate times. Offered the gauntlet to Namor, which passed on it because he knows he can't be trusted with the thing. Namor = stays winning)
Sue tells Franklin a bedtime story about how their version of the FF landed on Battleworld and met Doom (Sue's father is a member here rather than Reed). Franklin Snr dies while Doom tames Battleworld.
Johnny agrees to become the Sun, Ben agrees to become the shield.
Thanos sits and talks to Ben, and tells him they've been played for fools - Doom was scared of the FF, so convinced them to sacrifice themselves so they couldn't threaten him.
Ben Grimm stands up.

For future reference, apparently the list tag means the spoiler tag doesn't work. I'm very sorry if anyone came in during the 0.3 seconds before I fixed it.

Also, probably the most interesting thing -
Sue is definitely not 616 Sue. She's a survivor from another, unspecified universe.

Sou Da

TAWOG is totally a thing that you didn't make up.
The Amazing World of Gumball.

also how are the ANAD books released?
Only read Strange, it was pretty good.

Expanding a bit on that shocking cliffhanger ending to Batman & Robin Eternal...
it's a fakeout. And if it's not a fakeout then it's DUMB and WRONG. You wanna know why? Because if Bruce Wayne, orphaned when his parents were gunned down in an alley, were to eventually go on to gun down parents in an alley, creating traumatized orphans like himself, willingly or unwillingly, he would undoubtedly end himself out of guilt. So yeah, if he's doing it willingly then Bruce Wayne is psychopathic garbage and the story is trashing his legacy. Unwillingly, then he overcame an insurmountable level of guilt for someone like himself then went on to bury the truth, and he's still trash.

Why even entertain the idea that it isn't a fakeout.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
lol at those spoilers. lol in a good way. this event is so fucking bananas, cant wait to read it
in 6 months.

i just realized everything about batman and robin eternal

the orphan is that arabic kid whose parents "batman" shot. he's angry and now he's taking out the batfamily, and mother is helping him. the "batman" who shot his parents probably isn't actually batman, but someone working for mother dressed as batman in order to galvanize the orphan against batman. mother is someone batman probably spurned during the summer when dick and bats went after scarecrow, hence the message bats recorded for dick.

hopefully it's like batman eternal and i'm wrong and it's just a fakeout in some way

i just realized everything about batman and robin eternal

the orphan is that arabic kid whose parents "batman" shot. he's angry and now he's taking out the batfamily, and mother is helping him. the "batman" who shot his parents probably isn't actually batman, but someone working for mother dressed as batman in order to galvanize the orphan against batman. mother is someone batman probably spurned during the summer when dick and bats went after scarecrow, hence the message bats recorded for dick.

hopefully it's like batman eternal and i'm wrong and it's just a fakeout in some way

Pfft, too obvious.

Besides, doesn't explain where Cass Cain fits into it.

Was fun to catch up on the thread and read so much happy comic talk.

Dark Horse on CMX!?!? This is amazingly good news. Might have to hop back aboard Dark Horse Presents. I loved it but didn't want to store those thick issues.

Hagi

The Inhuman preview in Point One is weird. Like this is supposed to get me excited for another Inhumans push? everyone hates mutants again but are a-okay with people born of a weaponised mist that can literally give a person any power imaginable? it makes more sense to me for Inhumans to be on the back foot instead of putting mutants in the same tired scenario they have been in for nigh 50 years. This is dumb.

Daredevil was alright, it looks better than it reads. Carnage I don't see lasting for very long. This thing Point One thing was a dud.

Holy crap, you guys were right about Amazing Spider-Man's last page, but the end of Invincible Iron Man might have it beaten.

Also, Jughead delivered in spades. This is already one of the best comic weeks of the year.

Holy crap, you guys were right about Amazing Spider-Man's last page, but the end of Invincible Iron Man might have it beaten.

Also, Jughead delivered in spades. This is already one of the best comic weeks of the year.

Yeah, that might have been a post-Secret Wars giveaway.

Shit! Forgot to buy Jughead. :O

I gotta buy We Stand on Guard #4 on CMX anyway, so I'll scoop up Juggy as well.

Hagi

Madam Masque looks straight up amazing. I don't know who this Marquez guy is but he's on my radar now and I hope he's on this book for a good while. Tony's suit is great as well, I wasn't really sure about it at first but it's different enough from the movie rehashes and looks sleek and modern. A+

probably something to do with what went down between bruce and mother during that summer or maybe in a conflict between the two after that

Could be. She's clearly got some sort of tie-in to the Bats vs. Mother conflict, so that's a given.

Hmm... here's an interesting question:
how does Mother know to have either Batman or the guy in the Batman costume replicate the circumstances of the Wayne's deaths? She's clearly connected to Spyral somehow (overriding the implants, subverting Poppy), but Spyral only recently sussed out Bruce's identity, no? Did Bruce give her that information? If so, why?

I almost feel like the B&RE plot is going to revolve more around the Batfam working around their inability to just ask for answers. It's could be a straightforward history, but finding out the details could be more interesting.

Messi

Madam Masque looks straight up amazing. I don't know who this Marquez guy is but he's on my radar now and I hope he's on this book for a good while. Tony's suit is great as well, I wasn't really sure about it at first but it's different enough from the movie rehashes and looks sleek and modern. A+

He was the artist on Miles-man for a while. Great artist.

And all new x-men near the start.

Invincible Iron Man was ok. Not the tragedy i expected. That
relationship
aint going anywhere unless it gets a massive shake up, tho.

And yeah, the art on the girls was terrific. Tony looks kinda weird.

Hagi

He was the artist on Miles-man for a while. Great artist.

And all new x-men near the start.

Ah very cool so I have seen his art before in All New X-Men, great artist indeed. Judging from the cover I saw I think I'll like his new version of MJ. Hopefully she interacts with Friday.

Parch

Is Batman Unlimited a comic? Where does Batman have a robot wolf cycle?

I just watched Batman Unlimited Monster Mayhem. Not the best DC animated, but worth a laugh or two. The 2nd half is actually pretty stupid, but as usual the villains steal the show. Solomon Grundy is hilarious.

Is Batman Unlimited a comic? Where does Batman have a robot wolf cycle?

I just watched Batman Unlimited Monster Mayhem. Not the best DC animated, but worth a laugh or two. The 2nd half is actually pretty stupid, but as usual the villains steal the show. Solomon Grundy is hilarious.

I think that's just a toy tie in thing. Not aware of any comic.

This is his MJ from iron man. I think it's fantastic

She's got a ton of character in this. Does it translate well into color?

Mudcrab

What a strong start for ANAD Marvel. Doctor Strange, Iron Man, and ASM killed it. Even Contest of Champions was okay.

And the art this week, my god. Bacchalo, Marquez, Sorrentino, and of course Ribic in one day is just too good of a week for comics.

Top Bottom