• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

tim1138

So this could mean either N52 never really changed it. Or it's been in hiding since N52.

So some early guesses.

- JSA!
- Green Lantern book?
- they're doing a batman and the outsiders book! :p
- Legion!
- uh Plastic man

Honestly any of these would sell with their names on it.

I really wouldn't mind seeing Capullo drawing some cosmic shit

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Secret Wars is a Hickman glacial shitshow I saw coming when it was announced.

Iron Man was crap, but I guess previous runs have set a low bar so good art and things happening gloss over Tony talking like Ultimate Peter as is all Bendis.

Also, can DC let Slott ruin Batman already so he doesn't keep desperately trying to make Spider-Man Batman for the rest of all time.

Turtles: Awesome. Paper Girls: Awesome.

I have a few more books to read but I don't see anything beating it.

It was just... one hell of an issue. It's handling themes I can't quite process, let alone articulate, and it's doing it while never straying into the obvious or the obtuse. Wrap it up in that art and a damn solid sci-fi tale and you have the best book on shelves.

PsychBat!

Banned
Secret Wars is a Hickman glacial shitshow I saw coming when it was announced.

Iron Man was crap, but I guess previous runs have set a low bar so good art and things happening gloss over Tony talking like Ultimate Peter as is all Bendis.

Also, can DC let Slott ruin Batman already so he doesn't keep desperately trying to make Spider-Man Batman for the rest of all time.

Oh well.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
This Jessica Jones Netflix book on MU was strange. I wonder if the show will even mention Daredevil let alone show him

tim1138

It was just... one hell of an issue. It's handling themes I can't quite process, let alone articulate, and it's doing it while never straying into the obvious or the obtuse. Wrap it up in that art and a damn solid sci-fi tale and you have the best book on shelves.

Not named Midnighter or Manhattan Projects, but yeah it's a great book and I'm thrilled it got a reprieve. I just hope what we get is King's original plan and not something he pieced back together after it was uncancelled

PsychBat!

Banned
Not named Midnighter or Manhattan Projects, but yeah it's a great book and I'm thrilled it got a reprieve. I just hope what we get is King's original plan and not something he pieced back together after it was uncancelled

I don't think he's a MP fan.

Honestly, if I were him I'd have taken all the scripting I did after finding out about the cancellation, brought it out back and burned it.

Gotta imagine he just pivoted back to his original plan.

EDIT: Also, I should really read Manhattan Projects.

Neoxon

invinc11.jpg

invinc12.jpg

What is this, the fifth cure for the mutant gene? Doesn't that plot line get a bit old? Oh right, Bendis.

Not what I heard. Heard he would love to draw Batman.
I mean sure. Almost any artist would want a Crack at Bats. If asked not many artists are gonna say no. I just get the impression that he cares more about working on projects he's got rights and higher income potential on. This is the guy who told Marvel his favorite character was Benjamin Franklin when they asked him which character he wanted to work on. He did that because marvel is known to not raise your page rate if they know you like the character you're working on.

Edit: not saying I know what SGM is gonna do. Just that I've gotten the impression he's not too keen on work for hire contracts. Either way I'm buying whatever he works on

Owzers

Posting full pages from comics released today

I just got home and haven't even read anything today

and now you got one page down, think of it as a start.

but also, yes, please resist the urge to post full pages of things that are new without a spoiler tag.

I give Bendis shit for Guardians but he's good at solo stuff so Iron Man being good is not a big surprise. Daredevil and USM are both great.

Anyways, I'm home now and I will read some comics in a little bit. So so excited about DH singles being on Comixology now.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Yooo, Mark Millar and Capullo are doing a book. Capullo's about to get some comic movie money!

Drayco21

I give Bendis shit for Guardians but he's good at solo stuff so Iron Man being good is not a big surprise. Daredevil and USM are both great.

Anyways, I'm home now and I will read some comics in a little bit. So so excited about DH singles being on Comixology now.

I feel like he's really hit and miss with the solo stuff; Ultimate Spider-Man became awful when Miles became the main character, Moon Knight had gorgeous art but that's all it had going for it, and Spider-Woman was super forgettable. None of it is dumpster fire bad like his Guardians, but Daredevil and Alias are really the only times I've felt like he's been on-point before now.

Iron Man is pretty good though.

So this could mean either N52 never really changed it. Or it's been in hiding since N52.

So some early guesses.

- JSA!
- Green Lantern book?
- they're doing a batman and the outsiders book! :p
- Legion!
- uh Plastic man

I think it's only a matter of time before the JSA comes back in some form. They're already caving on the Titans. I can't think of anything bigger than Batman and untouched by the new 52. He did say relatively untouched though.

Doom Patrol hasn't had any work done on it as well.

So it looks like I'll have to buy iron man and asm if I wanna get the impact of the last page reveals. Otherwise imma get it spoiled somewhere

Nah. Or else I'd join in on the Valiant dogpile.
I will tho

Your bendis gotg hate is dangerously approaching Kaeptains irrational hate for Hickman!

Danger Will Robinson Danger ;)

Mudcrab

Damn dude you didn't even bother to say where the spoiler image was from. If I hadn't read Iron Man already I'd be pissed.

i'm pretty sure a few of you banded together to make me feel bad about not buying all these Marvel books.

You're missing out on good comics.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Arent we supposed to hate Ironman because lolbendis? Damn it comicgaf stick to your principles!

Top Bottom