• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

The shade in this thread is amazing. Poor Launchpad. Yo mama jokes can't be too far off.

Personally, I believe hatin' to be one of the purest expressions of the human element. I'll throw shade on anything. Especially what I love.

Just read Action #45. Solid issue. It's a fun story but astetically, I hate dude bro Supes. I do wonder how Clarks life will be after this story. They can't go back to the status quo.

I kinda dig T-Shirt & Jeans Superman, but yeah, they're gonna get him back into the costume eventually. I agree that they're almost certainly not going to get back to the old status quo, though.

I smell a Neron new 52 debut

giphy.gif

The shade in this thread is amazing. Poor Launchpad. Yo mama jokes can't be too far off.

Personally, I believe hatin' to be one of the purest expressions of the human element. I'll throw shade on anything. Especially what I love.

Look at that Jean Giraud guy. How vain do you have to be to use a pseudonym that contains a character no normal keyboard has a key for.

Yeah, apparently the instructions for assembling the different vehicle configurations are in the game itself. So, if you're like me and you don't have the game, you can either guess from the completed pictures, freestyle it, or go online to watch someone's uploaded video of the assembly instructions from the game.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
We Stand on Guard continues to rock, and with the recent atmosphere in the US and what some people have said about a wall the book feels very timely. Helps that the whole Syrian crisis is talked about in the issue as well. The book actually feels like something that could come true one day.

I'm quickly losing interest. The character are all boring as shit and keep dying before they have a chance to develop a personality. And Vaughn's writing has all the subtlety of a pick axe to the skull. Plus that dude speaking French can just fuck off.

The art is really the only it still has going for it at this point.

Look at that Jean Giraud guy. How vain do you have to be to use a pseudonym that contains a character no normal keyboard has a key for.
He used three names! Probably because he was ashamed to be associated with the art created under any of them

'Maybe if I spread this awfulness around three names no one will notice I'm a fraud'

Yeah, apparently the instructions for assembling the different vehicle configurations are in the game itself. So, if you're like me and you don't have the game, you can either guess from the completed pictures, freestyle it, or go online to watch someone's uploaded video of the assembly instructions from the game.

O thought so haha. I got confused on yhose too. We were trying to put them together before playing.

Messi

I'm quickly losing interest. The character are all boring as shit and keep dying before they have a chance to develop a personality. And Vaughn's writing has all the subtlety of a pick axe to the skull. Plus that dude speaking French can just fuck off.

The art is really the only it still has going for it at this point.

Speak American don't you know this is AMERICA?!?!

I'll humble myself. Sometimes I indulge.. Bad comics. Or middlin' ones. But I gotta follow my girl Renee Montoya. This Detective Comics version of her is.. Simple. But if I squint and tilt my head, I can almost detect a spark of what I loved about the character in Gotham Central.

The most terrifying news of all is that I enjoyed the Justice League stuff in #45. That's.. Surprising. In my defense, there was some air fighting. I do like air action.

It was nice that they let "Bats" win one last issue. And, again, I hate myself, but I don't entirely dislike this version of Batman.

God help me :(

VanWinkle

Endgame is the next thing in chronological order after Death of the Family, right? They have the Zero Year stuff between those, but that's an origin story. I went ahead and bought Joker: Endgame (it includes the whole Batman story and the companion content), and the last Batman volume I've read is Death of the Family. I just want to be sure I'm not missing details by reading Endgame. I am planning on buying Zero Year at some point, but not yet.

Anecdotal, but there does seem to be a lot of interest in Valiant in general out there. My library finally added The Valiant to their catalog. Been three days and there are already 9 people on the waiting list.
For comparison, Batman and Robin v5 had 5 after a week.

Wait, wait. I think I get how to do this: It has more interest at the library because that means they don't have to actually buy it.

Did I do it right? I'm not sure I did that right.

The Valiant and a lot Valiant stuff in general is fantastic.

Endgame is the next thing in chronological order after Death of the Family, right? They have the Zero Year stuff between those, but that's an origin story. I went ahead and bought Joker: Endgame (it includes the whole Batman story and the companion content), and the last Batman volume I've read is Death of the Family. I just want to be sure I'm not missing details by reading Endgame. I am planning on buying Zero Year at some point, but not yet.

You are missing details by skipping to Endgame. I wouldn't recommend reading it before Zero Year. ZY is the height of the series anyway.

VanWinkle

You are missing details by skipping to Endgame. I wouldn't recommend reading it before Zero Year. ZY is the height of the series anyway.

Oh, okay. I'll hold off reading it until I get those then. I actually did read DC Comics Zero Year (has all of the Zero Year companion issues and two of the Batman issues) but that's still missing a lot of the Batman stuff.

Messi

Read Zero Year. It's the best that book has been. Capullo levels up. Also it adds context.

Hagi

Any Man 2 pushing back Captain Marvel is kinda shitty. Least Black Panther is getting brought forward a bit though. Less sequels please more original movies.

tim1138

Any Man 2 pushing back Captain Marvel is kinda shitty. Least Black Panther is getting brought forward a bit though. Less sequels please more original movies.

Captain Marvel was already bumped once for the new Spider-Man movie too. I'll honestly be amazed if it ever gets made.

Zombine

Banned
Kotobukiya revealed the concept art for the new Harley Quinn bishoujo.

I went out of my way to take a picture for you guys and you post the official :(

Were you the dude who shoved his face in the glass so nobody could take pics? Fuck that guy.

Kevin Wada is the nicest guy :)

Hagi

Captain Marvel was already bumped once for the new Spider-Man movie too. I'll honestly be amazed if it ever gets made.

Yeah it's kinda shitty it keeps getting bumped. I don't even really like Carol but it would be nice to see a female led superhero film rather than sequels and a 6th Spider-man.

Least we get Jessica Jones next month.

Yeah it's kinda shitty it keeps getting bumped. I don't even really like Carol but it would be nice to see a female led superhero film rather than sequels and a 6th Spider-man.

Least we get Jessica Jones next month.

Also of significance, Ant-Man 2 will be titled "Ant-Man and the Wasp"

Wait, wait. I think I get how to do this: It has more interest at the library because that means they don't have to actually buy it.

Did I do it right? I'm not sure I did that right.

The Valiant and a lot Valiant stuff in general is fantastic.
good effort. Like the spirit

Time for more shade

Will Eisner! What a man! What a legend! He is most known for having his name on all those trophies BKV keeps winning

Much like Birdie's enthusiasm, Brian Wood's physical touch know no bounds.

Greg Rucka, an excellent writer, is a rarity in a comics industry desperately in need of more bald white guys.

Rob Liefeld, truly an inspiration for any one looking to draw comics without learning how to draw

Bill Finger: GotG_who?.gif

Frank Miller: truly a visionary. He brought sophistication to mainstream comics by making catwoman a prostitute

Hickman: judging by his twitter, he's the first comic writer to pioneer outsourcing his work.

Axel Alonso: hip hop's great hypeman.

Want a fun drinking game? Take a shot for every philosopher name dropped in an ales kot comic. Warning: do not read more than one ales kot comic

Top Bottom