• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Megatron

Who are reffering to? There was no Wasp begging as far as I perceived.

Not here, on the cbr forums people were up in arms about how Janet was treated in the film. They seemed upset that the movie wasn't 'Ant Man and the Wasp'. Anyway it seemed obvious that the search for Janet is going to be at the heart of the sequel, but it wasn't clear if there would be a sequel.

Xis

Do the single issues on CMX include letters to the editors and other features only found in the single issues?

Sometimes the *trades* include that stuff (I've certainly seen it with Avengers Academy). It appears that some of their trades have the content of the physical trades, and sometimes they have the content of the physical singles. And I've had at least one case where a trade I bought from them collected the issues in the wrong order (one of Bendis's Avengers run, it put an annual in the wrong place so when I read it, the story featured the Avengers breaking Hawkeye out of Osborn's jail, and then in the next issue Hawkeye was captured by Osborne).

Edit: I'm guessing this weirdness is Marvel's fault and not Comixology's? Because the actual content is provided by the publisher?

Messi

Been flipping through the last couple of pages, could someone remind me what happened on the last page of ASM1?

Also, Iron Man was a lot better than I was expecting. People are right, Bendis is much better on solo books.

I'm officially over Andreas Sorrentino, though. That he uses the exact same face for every male character pulls me completely out of the story. There was that two page splash where
all of the heroes are going against God Doom, presumably at the end of Secret Wars, and there are about 50 characters but only four different facial expressions. Every single male character looks the same, every single female character looks the same.
I just hate it.

Spidey spoilers.
Anna Maria doesn't realize or maybe she does that since her robots last update the spirit of Doc Ock is inside of it trying to be with her.

The
Doc Ock
reveal in ASM was good, but after Renew Your Vows, I'm honestly more excited to see
Regent after they showed him in the last side story.

Battlefront is pretty good you guys, although I'm now a bit more uncertain about buying it. I feel like I'll have got my fill by the time the beta ends, at this rate. Still, I am having a blast right now.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Spidey spoilers.
Anna Maria doesn't realize or maybe she does that since her robots last update the spirit of Doc Ock is inside of it trying to be with her.

Ooooh, yeah. That was cool. The previews of the other spider books made me forget. I know that you don't want evil Silk, Messi, but the art looked great on that one. Spider-Woman and Miles were interesting too.

Messi

Ooooh, yeah. That was cool. The previews of the other spider books made me forget. I know that you don't want evil Silk, Messi, but the art looked great on that one. Spider-Woman and Miles were interesting too.

The art has always been incredible in Silk. Please don't take nice good Silk from me Marvel :(

I just added Kurtis Wiebe on PSN, so weird. Gonna try play battlefront with him.

Mudcrab

but they all have frank face?

i dun geddit

Gary Frank is drawing F4?

hpE4yf1.jpg

Any team of four with Franklin in it.

Owzers

hmmm i think i'm okay with not buying the Rat Queens Deluxe hardcover, i read issue #6 and enjoy it but I'm easing into the " i like this and want to read more of this but not rebuy it in oversized hardcover fashion". The only book that i've read that i'm contemplating rebuying in Deluxe format right now is Manhattan Projects, and even then it's a toss-up. This is why i like Marvel digital codes being in books, i don't ever have to decide if i really liked something enough to rebuy it, i get it monthly at a discount and i get a code as well.

I hadn't been following it. But I knew implied stuff happened in that RV in the road trip special. I wish people weren't so gungho about making Harley and Ivy a romantic couple.

It's for social justice, Messi. We all have to watch things we love become forced and awkward in the name of social justice.

Should've consulted Cho. Frank knows all about those exciting, dynamic poses.

He likes to draw crouching ladies. I know this is meant as kind of a face-slap comment toward Cho, but we all know what he does. He's a cheesecake pin-up artist like JSC. I certainly don't fault him for doing what he's known for.

Messi

We'll see how the sculpt comes out. There's not a ton of facial detail so I'm sure they'll nail it. Hope they do an alternate head without the mask like they did for Spider-Woman and Batwoman (and the upcoming Lady Deadpool).

I'd assume that is the plan.

He likes to draw crouching ladies. I know this is meant as kind of a face-slap comment toward Cho, but we all know what he does. He's a cheesecake pin-up artist like JSC. I certainly don't fault him for doing what he's known for.
Face-slap? Certainly not on my part. Cho's an incredible artist. The man can be a jerk, but he loves his cheesecake and he is an INCREDIBLE artist to boot. There's little doubt in my mind he could come up with a better pose.

I'd assume that is the plan.

I'm not sure, though. Because the hood makes for some complications in that regard. They would have to make the point of separation not include the entire hood, which would give you a seam in a place you really don't want one. The other option would be a faceplate swap like Spider-Woman. That might work if they do it right.

Zombine

Banned
That Walking Dead 150 cover was glorious. Really hyped up for what goes down. Waiting until Jan doesn't bother me, because I typically hate that month.

Sadist

That Walking Dead 150 cover was glorious. Really hyped up for what goes down. Waiting until Jan doesn't bother me, because I typically hate that month.
Cover is indeed looking good.

I mostly lurk the comic threads around these parts, but I only see you posting about the Walking Dead these days. Or I'm not seeing any other readers around these parts hehe.

We read. There just hasn't been an issue in a few weeks.
Sure, but I kinda meant when a new issue hits I don't really read a lot about it. But as I said, I might miss those posts ;)

Cover is indeed looking good.

I mostly lurk the comic threads around these parts, but I only see you posting about the Walking Dead these days. Or I'm not seeing any other readers around these parts hehe.

We read. There just hasn't been an issue in a few weeks.

Boogiepop

Huh. For whatever reason that Gwen is vaguely maybe tempting. And yet I've never read a comic with her. Anyway, happy with just my Jubilee from that line, at least for now.

Top Bottom