• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

SoilBreak

Banned

Scott Synder,Gail Simone,Paolo Rivera,Damion Scott,& Mike Oeming are doing a Attack on Titan Anthology

9VNCafb.jpg

Owzers

subscribe to Marvel Unlimited and get 4 free gifts! email.

I click it and the gifts are:

10 free #1 issues from Secret Wars tie-ins
1 of 3 marvel puzzle quest characters
15 month marvel desktop calendar for your computer.
5 marvel mobile wallpapers.

Pathetic really, not even a discount on the subscription.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
So I am completely irrational for trying not to buy single issues on CMX, only volumes? I know it's all digital so it doesn't matter, I just think as I'm browsing the app opening up a series to 4 volumes instead of 28 individual files is so much cleaner

I'm the opposite. I only buy singles.

Guys, I think I figured out why I have so many Wonder Woman statues despite never really thinking I was that big of a fan...

Wonder Woman is my spirit animal.

ElNarez

Banned
so anyone read paper girls yet? thoughts?

Paper Girls is fucking great. It's basically fucked-up Goonies with girly hijinks and a 2015 sensibility.

Plus it's Cliff Chiang art and god I missed that. I missed that a whole fucking lot.

PS: Attack on Titan is baby's first introduction to fascism so, you know

So I am completely irrational for trying not to buy single issues on CMX, only volumes? I know it's all digital so it doesn't matter, I just think as I'm browsing the app opening up a series to 4 volumes instead of 28 individual files is so much cleaner
It's whatever you prefer. I refuse to buy things not on sale so while I prefer volumes for your reasoning, I'm usually buying single issues since that's usually the only thing discounted.

Boogiepop

That's how it starts. Then you have 200 of them.

:(

Don't get me wrong, I have a good number of figures around. 6 figmas, 2 nendoroids (and if I'm picking out something to be baffled by, it's that I have no idea how they keep getting me on these, as I feel like the form factor on them only works on certain things, but darned if I don't have like three of them preordered right now), about 10 figuarts zeros, a complete CLAMP chess set, a few assorted other things, and a sea of amiibo. It's just that I've managed to not be too tempted by the Bishoujo statues in particular just yet.

Don't get me wrong, I have a good number of figures around. 6 figmas, 2 nendoroids (and if I'm picking out something to be baffled by, it's that I have no idea how they keep getting me on these, as I feel like the form factor on them only works on certain things, but darned if I don't have like three of them preordered right now), about 10 figuarts zeros, a complete CLAMP chess set, a few assorted other things, and a sea of amiibo. It's just that I've managed to not be too tempted by the Bishoujo statues in particular just yet.

According to MFC I have 201 figures.

Boogiepop

According to MFC I have 201 figures.

I'm not there quite yet, but I'm definitely creeping up bit by bit. ESPECIALLY if you count amiibo, since I just have a need to buy every damn one.

Also, curse this conversation, as it made me curious enough to look at the other Bishoujo figures, which reminded me of the Batwoman one which is... tempting. Damn!

Fooling around in Shadowrun Returns. Kinda rare to see a game where every npc has such a strong voice. Surprised at the quality of the writing.

If all the talk about dragonfall being even better in every regard proves true, should be quite a treat.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
OT comic book threads truly are the worst, you guys were right

This LEGO Juniors set is actually a pretty sweet deal for $34. Three figures, a vehicle, a catapult, a bunch of accessories, and a nice little diorama that looks enough like the Batcave without being this enormous expensive set that takes forever to assemble/disassemble.

WvZnVYE.jpg

Nah. It's in the name of dudebro comic reader's boners.

I dunno. It's a cute pairing, sure. But it seems like they forced it a bit too quick instead of letting it evolve naturally. It was more of a "hey guys, Harley and Ivy are a couple now. See? We're being inclusive! We're all about representation now!"

OT comic book threads truly are the worst, you guys were right

The dirt worst.

Cover is indeed looking good.

I mostly lurk the comic threads around these parts, but I only see you posting about the Walking Dead these days. Or I'm not seeing any other readers around these parts hehe.

Sure, but I kinda meant when a new issue hits I don't really read a lot about it. But as I said, I might miss those posts ;)

I'm going all the way back to #1 starting tomorrow, with the hope I make it to #150 before that lands. I forget where I stopped (I thought I didn't go past the second Compendium, but I remember reading some of the Something to Fear/All Out War stuff), so easier just to start again.

It's for social justice, Messi. We all have to watch things we love become forced and awkward in the name of social justice.

Nah. It's in the name of dudebro comic reader's boners.

Guys, it's nearly midnight here, it's too late to make popcorn!

Mudcrab

Alright I just made a second trip to my LCS this week based on thread hype to pickup Paper Girls. Yall better not be lying!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so Ironman is "good Bendis" (for now), what else is he writing? Guardians? Miles was it?

so Ironman is "good Bendis" (for now), what else is he writing? Guardians? Miles was it?

Yep. Iron Man, Miles-Man and Guardians. I assume if you like Miles already that Miles-Man will be enjoyable. Guardians, well, some people like it here. I've gone past the "fuck Bendis' Guardians rawr" phase but there has to be a middle ground between his and DNA's takes. I just want a good GOTG book, with the whole team and preferably not written by Soule or Sam Humphries.

Mindwipe

subscribe to Marvel Unlimited and get 4 free gifts! email.

I click it and the gifts are:

10 free #1 issues from Secret Wars tie-ins
1 of 3 marvel puzzle quest characters
15 month marvel desktop calendar for your computer.
5 marvel mobile wallpapers.

Pathetic really, not even a discount on the subscription.

I just read that email and literally laughed out loud at how terrible an offer it was.

That's exactly what I do. I almost always read offline, so downloading huge piles of issues is a pain.

Messi

I dunno. It's a cute pairing, sure. But it seems like they forced it a bit too quick instead of letting it evolve naturally. It was more of a "hey guys, Harley and Ivy are a couple now. See? We're being inclusive! We're all about representation now!"

You know you have fucked it up if I don't like it. Should be a slam dunk but they rushed it and ruined it.

ElNarez

Banned

I dunno if I would call 22 years "a bit too quick". Certainly, it's not those characters exactly, but the idea itself has been built up for a long time.

In a way, it reminds me of the New 52 Catwoman #1 ending with Bruce and Selina fucking. We've been comfortable with the implication of it, but seeing it made explicit feels off and weird. I dunno. But in terms of representation, if this being a thing makes people feel happy and included, I'll be for it regardless.

Top Bottom