• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

I dunno if I would call 22 years "a bit too quick". Certainly, it's not those characters exactly, but the idea itself has been built up for a long time.

In a way, it reminds me of the New 52 Catwoman #1 ending with Bruce and Selina fucking. We've been comfortable with the implication of it, but seeing it made explicit feels off and weird. I dunno. But in terms of representation, if this being a thing makes people feel happy and included, I'll be for it regardless.

I think that anything post-reboot should have been built up again, otherwise there's little point in the reboot to begin with. It was a fresh start to bring in new readers and make them feel comfortable since they didn't have to know anything going in. But they ended up drawing on things established in the old DCU anyway.

Oh my god. Madame Masque in Iron Man. Marquez has outdone himself. What a fantastic drawing.

Truth. Madame Masque's hijinks were the most girly of all.

PsychBat!

Banned
Leave your loops and milking stools Coop the hens and pen the mules Come one, come all! Close the churches and the schools It's the day for breaking rules

Messi

Also Messi, did you see the Wasp bishoujo pic I posted while you were away?

I did, it is beautiful. Hopefully my store gets one in.

I dunno if I would call 22 years "a bit too quick". Certainly, it's not those characters exactly, but the idea itself has been built up for a long time.

In a way, it reminds me of the New 52 Catwoman #1 ending with Bruce and Selina fucking. We've been comfortable with the implication of it, but seeing it made explicit feels off and weird. I dunno. But in terms of representation, if this being a thing makes people feel happy and included, I'll be for it regardless.

It's always been teasing about the potential of it. The current series seems to want to make it an actual thing. I'd rather it stayed at playful teasing and innuendo. But that is not what some groups want. They want Harley and Ivy as an item and Joker nowhere to be seen.

If it makes people happy then cool.

ElNarez

Banned
I think that anything post-reboot should have been built up again, otherwise there's little point in the reboot to begin with. It was a fresh start to bring in new readers and make them feel comfortable since they didn't have to know anything going in. But they ended up drawing on things established in the old DCU anyway.

American Big Publisher Comics have always had this populist bent, from the "Because you demanded it" to the phone polls, to even the letter columns. It's just that now, the population is also women who like women and also remember the 90s. Can't comment on the story itself, but, they made a move to make people happy in order to sell books. It's business.

VanWinkle

I dunno. It's a cute pairing, sure. But it seems like they forced it a bit too quick instead of letting it evolve naturally. It was more of a "hey guys, Harley and Ivy are a couple now. See? We're being inclusive! We're all about representation now!"

Conversation is weird timing as I just came across this in Paul Dini's Batgirl Adventures:

rsz_screenshot_2015_10_08_19_15_00.png

Where the hell did the Batwoman Bombshell Statue disappear to? Its not even listed on DCs website anymore and Previewsworld has it listed as 9/30 which is gone.

Ponn

Banned
Did I just see a toy commercial for batman riding a cybernetic T-Rex with missiles shooting at joker or is that the hummus I just ate?

Messi

Just read Archie #3 and Jughead #1.Jughead is totally set in the new Archie universe. Great books. Very surprised all of the recent Archie books have been a hit with me. Loved Ericas art. Her Betty is a cutie. Fiona Staples art was a bit rough in places in Archie #3 which makes me sad.

I wonder if my girl Sabrina will be in Archie or Jughead.

Edit : Zombeen is in the NYCC hype bubble. Beware lol

Owzers

Delayed into oblivion. Oh noes!

It's the cost of getting Cover Girls Bleez several months early.

I was told to relax and not worry and you bring up oblivion? That wasn't even a good game! It's both a large statue and the one i have pre-ordered from dcbs.

I started MGS V, who doesn't like a good crawling game?

MG310

Current Status: All of the body parts hurt and it is only Thursday.

100% worth it because I'm getting a Wada sketch, going for Phil Noto tomorrow hopefully. Only takes 5 per day.

A few cancellations. No Adam Hughes/Allison Sohn b/c they both got sick, Stephane Roux, and Amanda Conner had to skip because she has to finish Harley's Little Black Book in the next couple of weeks.

They're auction off some drawn on fire helmets before the usual auction on Saturday. There's pretty tempting ones from Noto, Simonson, and JImenez

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Educate me on DC

I thought Roy was Red Arrow but in the show they are calling Thea that. Was there a female Red Arrow aswell? Does Thea even exist in the comics?

Drayco21

Educate me on DC

I thought Roy was Red Arrow but in the show they are calling Thea that. Was there a female Red Arrow aswell? Does Thea even exist in the comics?

Thea is an original character largely based on Mia Dearden, the second Speedy, who took on the job and became Oliver's surrogate daughter figure after Roy bailed.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Thea is an original character largely based on Mia Dearden, the second Speedy, who took on the job and became Oliver's surrogate daughter figure after Roy bailed.

And was she a Red Arrow?

why is there a guy in blackface behind that dude?

There's nothing behind Patrick Wilson?

Woah all I see is a blank post. What is happening?

Jughead #1: now that is some gooooood wholesome fun comics.

Codename Baboushka #1: This was a pretty interesting start of a series, I listened to Antony Johnston describe it recently in a podcast and the way it's going to go is each arc is like a spy film with the first being the conclave of death, I enjoyed the first issue for what it is, a lot of exposition of who is Baboushka and what she is about.

What the art is like:
Wq9ZyUF.jpg

I like it

Top Bottom