• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I dig that art

Edit: guys I just realised that Loki isnt coming back and now I'm sad :(

Shaanyboi

Banned
Educate me on DC

I thought Roy was Red Arrow but in the show they are calling Thea that. Was there a female Red Arrow aswell? Does Thea even exist in the comics?

Comics:

Roy Harper is Speedy, eventually becomes Arsenal, then later Red Arrow. After the New 52 reboot, he's just Arsenal. Mia Deardren was a runaway who Green Arrow rescued, and chooses to be the new Speedy.

Arrow:

Roy becomes Arsenal from the start of his superhero career. Thea, Oliver's sister, is an original character for the show whom Oliver constantly calls Speedy as just a nickname (though when she lives abroad, she uses the fake name Mia). Eventually Roy leaves and hands his costume to Thea. She requests to be called Red Arrow, but Oliver says "I've already told everyone to call you Speedy..."

Young Justice:

Roy is Speedy, leaves Green Arrow, becomes Red Arrow. Eventually learns
he's a clone, but finds the real Roy Harper, who chooses to be called Arsenal.

Young Justice also sorta introduced an original character Artemis as a Green Arrow sidekick, but it ended up being a reworking of the character Artemis Crock who is a villain called Tigress in the comics.

Ok so I'm about 5 issues into 52. Fun read. SO feeling The Question and Renee Montoya stuff. Love everything about that story. Don't care much 'bout Booster or Detective Heartbreak or Black Adam. Steel is okay, I guess.

I've enjoyed the start of this, despite not having much context or investment in (most) featured characters. The story moves at a good pace so there's tension and it feels like important stuff's happening. I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Comics:

Roy Harper is Speedy, eventually becomes Arsenal, then later Red Arrow. After the New 52 reboot, he's just Arsenal. Mia Deardren was a runaway who Green Arrow rescued, and chooses to be the new Speedy.

Arrow:

Roy becomes Arsenal from the start of his superhero career. Thea, Oliver's sister, is an original character for the show whom Oliver constantly calls Speedy as just a nickname (though when she lives abroad, she uses the fake name Mia). Eventually Roy leaves and hands his costume to Thea. She requests to be called Red Arrow, but Oliver says "I've already told everyone to call you Speedy..."

Young Justice:

Young Justice also sorta introduced an original character Artemis as a Green Arrow sidekick, but it ended up being a reworking of the character Artemis Crock who is a villain called Tigress in the comics.

Thank you sir

Owzers

kinda worried that Star Wars Battlefront is as uninspired as i initially thought it was going to be. We have the star wars franchise, we'll just make something really pretty and basic.

ElNarez

Banned
kinda worried that Star Wars Battlefront is as uninspired as i initially thought it was going to be. We have the star wars franchise, we'll just make something really pretty and basic.

It's a battlefield game for all intents and purposes and yet there's no marking

what the fuck is even the point of doing anything

VanWinkle

Was starting Batman Eternal volume 2 but was reminded that I really should read Hush by Jeph Loeb and Jim Lee first. So I'm going to do that now.

Stopped Harley Quinn vol 1 for now. Got a couple of issues in. It was okay but not really feeling it too much. I'll get back to it some other time.

Boogiepop

Guys, why did figuregaf need to die? I just found out that they're making a figuarts zero Gotenks and damn do I want that, however it's not up on ami-ami and all I can find right now is [url="http://www.bandaionline.com/figuarts-zero-super-saiyan-3-gotenks-pvc-figure/"[]this site[/url] which looks legit from the URL but... kind of sketchy when looking around it. Maaaaan. I just want to preorder that. On the plus side, the awesome looking Luffy+Law figuarts zero that I also just found out and also really wanted (despite having a Law and Luffy separate in the line already...) was super easy to order on Ami Ami.

Owzers

i only buy DC statues and figures right now yet i don't buy any DC comics....please announce things that i want to buy.

DSC07884.jpg

technically it's a harley figure Messi.

Not feeling Battlefront either. Thought I was going to love it. Now I'm thinking of spending the money on some comic collectibles instead.

Not feeling Battlefront either. Thought I was going to love it. Now I'm thinking of spending the money on some comic collectibles instead.
Yea. Cancelled the pre order. If it still had some single player campaign I'd be in. Just not feeling the pull. Threw it on my holiday gift with list.

Yea. Cancelled the pre order. If it still had some single player campaign I'd be in. Just not feeling the pull. Threw it on my holiday gift with list.

Whoaoaoaoa, really? I haven't played it, I'm just curious here. What was wrong? Too vanilla? I remember not really enjoying the last Battlfront game years ago. Pity if this is the same scenario. At least there's still Fallout 4.

Whoaoaoaoa, really? I haven't played it, I'm just curious here. What was wrong? Too vanilla? I remember not really enjoying the last Battlfront game years ago. Pity if this is the same scenario. At least there's still Fallout 4.
It looks great, sounds great but after a couple matches I felt I was done. I'm not the biggest multi player fan to begin with so this just reminded me even though I love Star Wars to death I can wait for this on sale or as a gift. That start menu looked sparse when I realized each mode listed could just be one map. If it had some cool campaign with it id be down.

It looks great, sounds great but after a couple matches I felt I was done. I'm not the biggest multi player fan to begin with so this just reminded me even though I love Star Wars to death I can wait for this on sale or as a gift. That start menu looked sparse when I realized each mode was just one map. If it had some cool campaign with it id be down.

I hear you. I'm generally not a fan of games that lack any type of solo experience. I was hoping this would be different.

I hear you. I'm generally not a fan of games that lack any type of solo experience. I was hoping this would be different.
Try the beta. I'd like to hear your thoughts. My fall lineup keeps whittling down. Which is good since I got a new iPad purchase coming up to replace my current cracked one. :/

Going iPad pro for crazy comic reading experience!

Owzers

I'll play Star Wars some more this weekend, I preordered from Best Buy since I used a ten off fifty coupon, five bucks in rewards, and the GCU discount and I'm thinking of cancelling.

VanWinkle

Oh man, Hush is excellent so far, like three or four issues in.

Shame I already know his identity from other things I've read before this, though.

Rhaknar

Which Bachalo do we have in Strange? The out of control with details Wolverine & the X-Men one, or the more subdued miniskirt loving Uncanny X-men one?

Rhaknar

Whats going on there? Whos the snake tiger lady? Bachalo got tired of short tops and miniskirts and just went full on nude huh? :p

So question about ANAD titles that begin today.. I picked up ASM and the Avengers #0. Are they going to spoil anything to do with Secret Wars? Cos arent they set months in the future? I havent actually read my Secret Wars issues yet, im still plowing through Avengers/New Avengers.

besada

Banned
Whats going on there? Whos the snake tiger lady? Bachalo got tired of short tops and miniskirts and just went full on nude huh? :p
Strange is simultaneously fighting and flirting with her. She's a nomadic soul eater, currently residing in a nine year old boy.

Megatron

Ok so I'm about 5 issues into 52. Fun read. SO feeling The Question and Renee Montoya stuff. Love everything about that story. Don't care much 'bout Booster or Detective Heartbreak or Black Adam. Steel is okay, I guess.

I've enjoyed the start of this, despite not having much context or investment in (most) featured characters. The story moves at a good pace so there's tension and it feels like important stuff's happening. I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes.

I really liked the Montoya stuff too, but Black Adam's story was my favorite.

Just read Archie #3 and Jughead #1.Jughead is totally set in the new Archie universe. Great books. Very surprised all of the recent Archie books have been a hit with me. Loved Ericas art. Her Betty is a cutie. Fiona Staples art was a bit rough in places in Archie #3 which makes me sad.

I wonder if my girl Sabrina will be in Archie or Jughead.

Yeah I really liked these also, especially Archie 3. That's the best issue yet. I thought jug head started slow. Could have done with out the
dream sequences
but it heated up by the end. I thought Henderson's art was good for Jughead, but less good for some of the other characters. Betty, for instance, she made look like, well, Squirrel Girl. Betty is supposed to be the understatedly beautiful girl next door.

If Sabrina shows in either of these books, my guess is Jughead's.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Oh man, Hush is excellent so far, like three or four issues in.

Shame I already know his identity from other things I've read before this, though.

Hush turns into real bullshit by the end. Once you're done with that, check out Heart of Hush by Paul Dini, it's a far better book. Dini keeps going with the character in Batman: Streets of Gotham which is a DickBats series.

Comics:

Arrow:

Young Justice:

I just realized:

I've never met anyone who claimed to be a Roy Harper fan.

Huh.

Hagi

So question about ANAD titles that begin today.. I picked up ASM and the Avengers #0. Are they going to spoil anything to do with Secret Wars? Cos arent they set months in the future? I havent actually read my Secret Wars issues yet, im still plowing through Avengers/New Avengers.

The only thing that I've read that that could be considered a spoiler for Secret Wars is Iron Man and even then it's more of a "holy shit already?" than "wtf that spoiled the end of Secret Wars" spoiler.

Why are we starting all-new when there`s still 2 issues of Secret Warts to go? THIS UPSETS ME.

All of the minis are ending and Secret Wars won't be over until December at the earliest due to delays. They can't just not publish anything in the intervening period.

It's three issues to go now, they upped it to a 9 issue series.

All of the minis are ending and Secret Wars won't be over until December at the earliest due to delays. They can't just not publish anything in the intervening period.

It's three issues to go now, they upped it to a 9 issue series.

Isn't the 9th one just a bonus one? Like, the main story is still technically just 8 issues,

Hellers

That`s the bit I can`t understand. They had 8 issues to write (Now 9). The absolute core of the series. They could have delayed anything else at all but they managed to delay the bit we needed. The rest was throwaway.

It`s just so strange when a company does it. Did they say why there`d been delays?

PsychBat!

Banned
That`s the bit I can`t understand. They had 8 issues to write (Now 9). The absolute core of the series. They could have delayed anything else at all but they managed to delay the bit we needed. The rest was throwaway.

It`s just so strange when a company does it. Did they say why there`d been delays?

NVM. What I said was nonsense if you saw it.

There's no specific reason they would give us as to why the delays happened, but we assume that Ribic is holding it back by not finishing the illustrations in time.

Tizoc

Doctor Strange #1
Felt like a set up issue, too much dialog for my taste, art was nice, but otherwise...it's OK.

Groot #5
Eh.

Ironman #1
Art was nice, but dialog was shit, hardly anything interesting happened in this issue. Overall meh.

Jughead 1
Didn't like Jugehead's characterization in this...

Southern Bastards 11
Good issue, how many issues in total is planned for this?

Spiderman 1
Not bad, prob. the best of the bunch this week.

The star wars books this week were good too.

Not a bad week all things considered, but Marvel's stuff didn't impress me sad to say :/

Messi

not-sure-if-fry-685x325.jpg

Hellers

Ok. Atomic Robo is officially amazing. God only knows why I ignored it so long. I`ve started Alex+Ada now and I`m liking that too. I`m going to see if I can get through the first five volumes of Unity this weekend and hopefully the Girls Complete collection too.

My Comixology pile of shame is huge and the sales just keep making it bigger and bigger.

I just bought Iron Man:Fatal Frontier and it`s download 475meg of 254meg so far which is impressive

I`ve also been rereading the 80s Suicide Squad. I`d forgotten how good that was.

Ok. Atomic Robo is officially amazing. God only knows why I ignored it so long. I`ve started Alex+Ada now and I`m liking that too. I`m going to see if I can get through the first five volumes of Unity this weekend and hopefully the Girls Complete collection too.

My Comixology pile of shame is huge and the sales just keep making it bigger and bigger.

I just bought Iron Man:Fatal Frontier and it`s download 475meg of 254meg so far which is impressive

If you haven't, you really should go to 8bit theater and read Brian Clevinger's final fantasy comic. Was terrific. Warbot in Accounting was good too, but gets updated, like, never.

IM:FF makes a very solid point about Tony's character by the end. Not just the usual "youre an arsehole, tony" stuff. Well worth a read and really takes advantage of the format they've used.

Top Bottom