• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Lol you insulted the artists work to the artist? Well yeah he'd be mad. I have no clue why he switched it up. He was very good before and now all his characters look like they've had all necessary fat sucked out from them. They are all wonky muscles and tendons.

Well, it is a shitty thing to say. What did you expect?

Was this you too?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBtmQJYY7_E

Jesus guys I wasn't being serious. Of course I knew he'd be mad. I just didn't give a shit.

And no whatis I'm way better looking than that guy.

Seeing where they started and where they're at now as a company is pretty awesome.

I hope that colorist got better too

Yeah, while it's certainly not always perfect I can very comfortably say that all facets of presentation have improved rather significantly across the entire Valiant line since the early stuff like that Harbinger page.

GANG.

PUBLIC DOMAIN THOR
Issue #1
By Gary Crantz

PAGE ONE

Panel 1
Wide shot of Asgard. It can’t look exactly like the Asgard from the Marvel stuff, obviously, because of copyright reasons. So instead I’m picturing it as looking like the castle from Disneyland. You can google for reference. The castle part is surrounded by a vast cosmos, with galaxies and supernovas and stars and planets and shit. In this image, it’s like we’re looking at infinity in all directions, with Asgard in the middle of it. Just a huge, mind-blowing image.

In Asgard, there’s a mead hall, which looks a lot like the dining hall from the Harry Potter movies, but with less wizards, more Norse gods. But not ZERO wizards, because wizards are pretty kick-ass and I don’t want to say “no wizards” now and then regret it later when I want to tell a story that needs a shit-ton of wizards in it. So let’s say SOME wizards are in there, but mostly Norse gods. Oh, and also, a bunch of hot chicks in metal bikinis. Like Red Sonja, you know? I mean, not EXACTLY like her. Maybe blonde instead.

At one of the tables in the mead hall is our hero, PUBLIC DOMAIN THOR. He’s eating breakfast, which is a gigantic bowl of cereal. It has to be Lucky Charms cereal, because that sets up a joke that I’m thinking about for like ten issues down the line. But we can’t show an actual Lucky Charms box, because of copyright reasons. So it is HUGELY important that the art makes it clear that the cereal in the bowl is Lucky Charms. We need to see all the different marshmallow shapes, properly colored, so that the reader knows what cereal this is. VERY IMPORTANT.
That's an excerpt from the backup in Public Relations #2, which continues to be incredibly funny stuff.

http://www.publicdomainthor.com/

Boogiepop

...They're making a Link Between Worlds Link figma? Damn, they keep making stuff I want...

Also, almost done Fraction Iron Man!

Edit: Also, come ooooon, Amazon! Ship my Usagi Yojimbo set and that BPRD trade that IST didn't have, that have been preparing for shipment for forever!

And now that I think of it, is there a nice BPRD reading order that explains where the assorted stuff not in the omnibi or Hell on Earth go?

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Gonna need to see a picture to validate your statement about how good looking you are

Full frontal recommended but not required.

I didn't say I was good looking. Just better looking than that guy. But ask and ye shall receive!

Work bathroom selfie!

12047005_10206234387191404_291240288912528995_n.jpg

I didn't say I was good looking. Just better looking than that guy. But ask and ye shall receive!

Work bathroom selfie!
Hmm

Sorry

You look a Ryan Stegman drawing in this photo. Needs more skin.

Please try again.

Edit: also, don't post photos of yourself when Internet weirdos like myself ask you to. I'm very good at photoshopping and you don't know what I could do!

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Hmm

Sorry

You look a Ryan Stegman drawing in this photo. Needs more skin.

Please try again.

Edit: also, don't post photos of yourself when Internet weirdos like myself ask you to. I'm very good at photoshopping and you don't know what I could do!

Oh I'm not worried about it.

And did you say more skin or more beard?

beard28619x80029.jpg

Launchpad! Did you ever end up buying/reading more Preacher? Thoughts?

Hey!

I haven't bought more, and I don't even really have a good excuse, but I haven't really ordered a physical comic other than the two Harbinger OHCs since I finished Preacher vol 1. Eventually I'll break and buy it, but I was half hoping for a CMX sale.

Anyone into the Mignolaverse? I'm a pretty big Hellboy fan but I never read BPRD through, so I'm marathoning the series right now.

Just started Hell On Earth, and man, shit escalated quickly :p

Took a couple months off from comics, but my roomie picked up the ANAD marvel stuff and I had to take a look. I REALLY liked Dr. Strange! Now, I've never really read any Strange solo books before, just read him as a side character in various books, but his characterization felt different to me. Guess I never pictured him as a flirty player type. I dug it though.

Iron Man was pretty good, didn't blow me away but I'm looking forward to more. Haven't had a chance to read Spidey yet.

I wasn't aware Secret Wars had a 9th issue added. I was pretty into it when it first started, but I just want it to be done at this point. Shame its been delayed to hell.

Now that I've got the comic bug again I'm looking forward to getting caught up on my Image books. Anything noteworthy come out in the last two months from Image?

Tizoc

Anyone into the Mignolaverse? I'm a pretty big Hellboy fan but I never read BPRD through, so I'm marathoning the series right now.

Just started Hell On Earth, and man, shit escalated quickly :p

Hellboy is well regarded here, a few of the regulars got into it months ago.
It still holds up to this day and the Mignolaverse is fantastic.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Hey!

I haven't bought more, and I don't even really have a good excuse, but I haven't really ordered a physical comic other than the two Harbinger OHCs since I finished Preacher vol 1. Eventually I'll break and buy it, but I was half hoping for a CMX sale.

Haha. Fair enough.

I did a lot of bad things at NYCC today so I know that feel bro...

Lunchbox I bought that Valiant NYCC book.

Cannot wait to see pics of your haul at the end of the weekend.

Hellboy is well regarded here, a few of the regulars got into it months ago.
It still holds up to this day and the Mignolaverse is fantastic.

I was obsessed with it when I was younger, then lost of bit of interest when Mignola stopped drawing it. Got back to it a couple of years ago and started to appreciate Fegredo's run, but then the Corbin issues are just fantastic (Hellboy in Mexico!).

Read a bit of BPRD when it launched but stopped for some reasons when I moved abroad for work, and recently decided to read everything back from the start using that reading order :

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/annotations/mignolaversity-reading-order-2015/

Just starting Hell on Earth: Russia now, everything is still great!

Top Bottom