• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

For X-Factor, read Madrox #1-5, then the run of X-Factor that starts afterward. It began in 2005 and ended in 2013. I have like 20 issues of it left myself, but it's probably my all-time favorite Marvel book since I started reading. Can't recommend it enough.

I also really enjoyed Uncanny X-Force/Avengers. X-Factor is very much it's own thing, but it's definitely as good as those. Astonishing X-Men by Marjorie Liu is from the same period and also excellent.

That run of X-Factor is one of my all-time favs. Should all be on Marvel Unlimited as well.

Messi

What are the chances of Angela being in Guardians 2. Even like an after credits tease or something. I think Marvel would do it.

Hagi

Thanks guys. I guess I hadn't really thought about the length as much, yeah. Still feel like it should be more of a priority to try to make events as good as they can then it seems to be...

Thanks!

And also, happy birthday to Hagi!

Thanks!

Give Rex Mundi a read, it is among favourite 'mystery' comics, was very suspensful and I really liked the setting and the plot.

wow cool that's certainly something different thank god Dark Horse is on Comixology now

Thanks a lot folks :D

I was actually trying to buy some Valiant stuff today Lunchbox because I was in the city but all the comic store had was miscellaneous trades :x I'm going to start Book of Death later though so that's something.

I'll take a look into Manifest Destiny brian, it sounds pretty cool.

Yeah, from now on, Valiant for me is go ohc or go home (and download it)

What are the chances of Angela being in Guardians 2. Even like an after credits tease or something. I think Marvel would do it.

I was thinking this same thought earlier today. I was wondering what characters they would add, and thought the obvious Adam Warlock and Mantis, and then I thought "wait....what if they add Angela?". I think its definitely possible. Could be cool, too. I don't have any knowledge of her from before Marvel, but I love her solo book and the secret wars tie in.

Messi

I see comixology added headings to the new release page for comics on Wednesday but valiant is still in the other new releases. But smaller companies aren't lol. Keep taking those Ls Valiant.

Hagi

I can't see Gunn going for that and he seems to be the driving force for the films. I think you'd be more likely to get old school guardian characters than Angela.

Yeah, from now on, Valiant for me is go ohc or go home (and download it)

Yeah I really like my Harbinger OHC so I'm sticking to that format for long running series. I think the only trades I'm going to pick up are The Valiant and Dr Mirage. Going to order Quantum and Woody later because it looks really funny and their little bit in The Valiant with the goat was hilarious.

Messi

I was thinking this same thought earlier today. I was wondering what characters they would add, and thought the obvious Adam Warlock and Mantis, and then I thought "wait....what if they add Angela?". I think its definitely possible. Could be cool, too. I don't have any knowledge of her from before Marvel, but I love her solo book and the secret wars tie in.

I can't see Gunn going for that and he seems to be the driving force for the films. I think you'd be more likely to get old school guardian characters than Angela.

Yeah I really like my Harbinger OHC so I'm sticking to that format for long running series. I think the only trades I'm going to pick up are The Valiant and Dr Mirage. Going to order Quantum and Woody later because it looks really funny and their little bit in The Valiant with the goat was hilarious.

But Marvel seem to be really pushing her and her titles are doing well enough. I just think marvel would want a character they are currently using and can be used in books. It also helps that she is a woman who can be at odds and then gains respect/friendship from Gamora. It helps both characters.

Granted I do realize the books have little impact on the movies.

Hagi

But Marvel seem to be really pushing her and her titles are doing well enough. I just think marvel would want a character they are currently using and can be used in books. It also helps that she is a woman who can be at odds and then gains respect/friendship from Gamora. It helps both characters.

Granted I do realize the books have little impact on the movies.

Who knows really, I wouldn't be totally against it to be honest but I'd rather see her pop up in something like Ragnarok than Guardians. Characters like Mantis and Moondragon are people I hope pop up in Guardians 2.

I think Angelas book has really turned the character around. Looking forward to it starting up again and her being queen of hel.

Messi

Afterlife with Archie #6. WHAT.THE.FUCK they will all burn for this. That's fucked up. Creepy as hell issue that led to an ending that actually made me recoil in horror and anger. This can't be the end for
Sabrina :(
. Comics man. I'll go read some happy comics now.

I got to the end and went

tumblr_inline_n29w2nLyp91r7ia34.gif

Yep she is totally being set up as oracle and she did something recently that is gonna get her ass kicked lol

Dammit. Now I have to catch up. Messi trying to spend my spacebucks.

It's my birthday today and I got some money but I don't know what to spend it on. I bought Deadly Class volume 3 because I hate myself but drew a blank on what else to get, anyone got any recommendations? Ideally something non big two. Was thinking maybe Fear Agent because Remender in space.

Happy birthday!

If you haven't bought this buy this. Gorgeous OHC volume.

Hagi

I'll read it.

Hopefully Sean is the fill in artist for a few issues cause that would be bananas.

Happy birthday!

If you haven't bought this buy this. Gorgeous OHC volume.

Thanks Freeza.

I've looked at that before but that was before I read there other collab on Low so I didn't really know just how godlike Tocchini was. It's in my basket now. :D

Anybody reading Jupiters Legacy? thinking about picking that up.

frye

I'll read it.

Hopefully Sean is the fill in artist for a few issues cause that would be bananas.

Thanks Freeza.

I've looked at that before but that was before I read there other collab on Low so I didn't really know just how godlike Tocchini was. It's in my basket now. :D

Anybody reading Jupiters Legacy? thinking about picking that up.

i mean, no one is reading Jupiter's Legacy; it's like an annual comic at this point

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Best news of NYCC is this new Aliens ongoing, which sounds really cool.

Worst news is, that they really want to retire Spidey. It kinda breaks my heart :/

I am certain that Dr. Mirage will be getting an ohc after the... third mini? I guess. I'm waiting that out.

I'm going to toss my tpbs to my bud who's getting into comics. Most everything I own has been collected in hardcover already or will be, like The Valiant, Divinity, and A&A ohc 2.

Hagi

i mean, no one is reading Jupiter's Legacy; it's like an annual comic at this point

It is? I thought he just stopped to do Jupiters Circle. Either way I'm going to buy it anyway.

I quite like Millar and I'm not just saying that because he's Scottish. I remember liking his Fantastic Four run.

Owzers

Hmmmmmm the fed ex driver who delivered my dcbs package asked for a bottle of water. I think from now on i am going to have to go through a barter system to get my packages.

Don't look at me, man. I generally ignore politics.

I think that's part of the problem, honestly. Not specifically you, but lots of ordinary people feeling so disenfranchised with the whole thing. There's an election here in the next six months, and I kind of just want to cross out all the names and write in Batman or something.

frye

I know :((((((

It's actually wicked progressive, but people are under the assumption that he's a terrible person or whatever.

I like some Millar but there's no doubt he's a shitty person

like this is the dude who wondered whether or not black people could have down's syndrome

Isak_Borg

I like some Millar but there's no doubt he's a shitty person

like this is the dude who wondered whether or not black people could have down's syndrome

I've spoken to some artist who have worked with him and he's not a racist but doesn't get racial issues in America but yeah totally racist!

Wish I could share the convo because it's hilarious.

Hagi

I've spoken to some artist who have worked with him and he's not a racist but doesn't get racial issues in America but yeah totally racist!

Wish I could share the convo because it's hilarious.

a lot of Americans don't get racial issues in America so I'm not surprised he doesn't. There isn't really anything like the sheer scale of what you guys have to deal with here in Scotland. He's still a bit of a twat but I like him anyway.

Top Bottom