• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Owzers

I'm buying it.

Are you getting the steeldisc? It's not really a book, i'm not sure i want a round tin for a case. It reminds me of the Viva Pinata weirdo case only all circle.

025192315893;canvasHeight=360;canvasWidth=640

I was super into it. I think 6 and 7 are both ridiculously good (though my opinions of 2-5 are skewed because I read them all in a go instead of as installments; they bleed together for me).

Think RX is outta copies of 7 since I picked up the second to last one last week, though I'm sure Lucky's will have copies for a while

Awesome, I'll need to check it out. I may see if RX can order them in for me. I love Lucky's but it's painful to go there when I've banned myself from buying new collections and OGNs (exceptions to the rule are the cartoonists I collect: Brandon Graham, Michael Deforge, and the stuff I have been reading in trade forever TWD, Saga, etc)

Thanks for the heads up

New Star Wars series announced by Soule and Chechhetto: Obi-Wan & Anakin

"Before their military heroism in the Clone Wars, before their tragic battle on Mustafar, and many decades before their final confrontation on the Death Star... they were Master Obi-Wan Kenobi and his Padawan learner, Anakin Skywalker. It's been a few years since Obi-Wan pledged to train the young "chosen one," but even as they have grown closer through training, it has been a difficult road. Now, called to a remote planet for assistance, Master and Padawan may be pushed to the breaking point. Writer Charles Soule (Lando, She-Hulk, Daredevil) and artist Marco Checchetto (Star Wars: Shattered Empire, Avengers World, Punisher) bring us a tale of the Jedi at the height of their power..."

First issue in January.

Are you getting the steeldisc? It's not really a book, i'm not sure i want a round tin for a case. It reminds me of the Viva Pinata weirdo case only all circle.

WAT? LOLNO. They're lucky I'm even buying the standard BD. Usually I would just watch that shit for $6 On Demand.

I'm going to tweet Chip and see if we can make this happen

Yes!

New Star Wars series announced by Soule and Chechhetto: Obi-Wan & Anakin

This will end well!

VanWinkle

I just finished Batman Hush and I loved it. And the art was just miraculous. Jim Lee at some of his best, IMO.

Although, I have to say, after reading The Long Halloween and this, I dislike Loeb's incessant use of red herrings and having no real foreshadowing for who the main villain is. But I already knew who the villain was even before reading thos, so I wasn't overly bothered here.

Messi

Guys I have a confession. My fav album at the moment is Nicki Minaj The Pinkprint. I think it is amazing and I have since it was released. I am secretly a Nicki Minaj fan. Please don't exile me.

Guys I have a confession. My fav album at the moment is Nicki Minaj The Pinkprint. I think it is amazing and I have since it was released. I am secretly a Nicki Minaj fan. Please don't exile me.
Ummm, what's with the awkward belated confessions all of a sudden? Did I do this because of valiant? I still don't even know what it is. :(

Ummm, what's with the awkward belated confessions all of a sudden? Did I do this because of valiant? I still don't even know what it is. :(
havent noticed a pattern of confessions but im probably used to the threads quirks.

valiant is a publisher. they were pooular in the 90s and were 90s as shit. they went kaput at some point and then a couple of nerds decided to buy the rights to the characters they loved and relaunch it.

it has turned out really really well actually. they're not trying to hoard money so they pay pretty well. they keep a pretty tight continuity since they only publish 20 books or so. they take a lot of underappreciated talent and give them free reign on the books.

launchpad is more than happy to introduce you to their line of books. everybody makes fun of valiant because launchpad loves them and no one likes seeing someone else happy

Messi

havent noticed a pattern of confessions but im probably used to the threads quirks.

valiant is a publisher. they were pooular in the 90s and were 90s as shit. they went kaput at some point and then a couple of nerds decided to buy the rights to the characters they loved and relaunch it.

it has turned out really really well actually. they're not trying to hoard money so they pay pretty well. they keep a pretty tight continuity since they only publish 20 books or so. they take a lot of underappreciated talent and give them free reign on the books.

launchpad is more than happy to introduce you to their line of books. everybody makes fun of valiant because launchpad loves them and no one likes seeing someone else happy

This is not true. The ribbing is so crazy that it can't be taken seriously and he knows it.

I wonder if I could find the first time I was told about sunstone on here. That was a revelatory moment for me.

GAMEPROFF

Banned

I dunno, the Valiant stuff is just a joke and a ComicGAF meme IMO.
Nothing serious againstthe people who like it.

Messi

Secret origins Messi.

Humble beginnings. It was Mindwipe I believe who told me about it and I then told frezza in PM.
I25hVxM.png

LOL, the craving was strong
GtsDC1P.png

If only I knew the shit saying this would cause me in footballgaf and here lol
GCO1ThX.png

Top Bottom