• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Messi

What's the joke here? Is one of the three pregnant?

Spider-woman

4658602-spiderwoman.jpg

LosDaddie

Banned
Overall, I did enjoy it and it was a rather quick read. Favourite bits were the scenes with Sam Wilson or Mar Vehl.

Yeah, I think making the event twice a long would've helped. I laughed at the end battle when Capt. just jumps out of a skyscraper, lands on his feet, and his totally OK...and starts beating some ass.

It's been a while since I read the event, but wasn't Silver Surfer something people worshipped? I thought that was cool take on the character.

Yeah, I think making the event twice a long would've helped. I laughed at the end battle when Capt. just jumps out of a skyscraper, lands on his feet, and his totally OK...and starts beating some ass.

It's been a while since I read the event, but wasn't Silver Surfer something people worshipped? I thought that was cool take on the character.

That was definitely an interesting idea. Multiple Silver Surfers sent ahead to act as a cult leaders around the world, "softening" up the population before Galactus arrived.

Hellers

ComicsGAF, how was Convergence? A good read, or no?

I quite enjoyed it. Not spectacular but it was nice seeing some of those characters again and it did end up setting up some potential for future comics. It remains to be seen how much DC decide to do with it though.

Savitar

Spider-woman

I kind of hate when someones having a kid in comics. Super heroes anyways. Except the Fantastic Four who still had some crazy goings on with their own aging and de aging it seems like most kids get shuffled off to the side never to be seen again, possibly killed (Aquaman says hi) or aged so they can do something with them.

No one can really do a honest to god, hey this kid's going to have to grow up and it's going to take time.

I kind of hate when someones having a kid in comics. Super heroes anyways. Except the Fantastic Four who still had some crazy goings on with their own aging and de aging it seems like most kids get shuffled off to the side never to be seen again, possibly killed (Aquaman says hi) or aged so they can do something with them.

No one can really do a honest to god, hey this kid's going to have to grow up and it's going to take time.

I wonder how Invincible is handling this. I bought a billion Invincible issues in a CMX sale a while back. Only read the first few issues though despite it being really good.

I find it interesting to watch Carl come of age in TWD.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Man, how many new Miller TDKR books are there gonna be o_O

Edit: Prequel. Man, it doesnt even make sense, there is already a prequel, they should rather finish this one...

Messi

I wonder how Invincible is handling this. I bought a billion Invincible issues in a CMX sale a while back. Only read the first few issues though despite it being really good.

Zoe's body in Rachel Rising is never gonna age right?

Zoe is awesome.

Edit: That came out wrong. I am sorry.

1946-47-48

Trevor Bruttenholm is such a peculiar character. The little demon's description of the dude being borderline suicidal doesn't even begin to cover it.

Owzers

do i want to blind buy Jurassic World? The time is coming to decide, especially if i want to get another steelbook i'll have to paint if it's scratched.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
My god, this Phil Spencer says something threads while not even saying something are so annoying, I mean, he never actually says sonething o_O

Owzers

JP3....raptor flute.....

i find it hard to believe Jurassic World could be worse, even with all the dumb Chris Pratt scenes i've seen in the trailer.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
JP3....raptor flute.....

i find it hard to believe Jurassic World could be worse, even with all the dumb Chris Pratt scenes i've seen in the trailer.
I dont know if thats a massive spoiler, but its part of the final and one of the biggest reason I bring my fullest hate to this movie:
There is a scene where a raptor rides on a T-Rex followed by a scene where raptor talks to a T-Rex!

I'd probably say it's even more stupid, believe it or not.

tumblr_mlh5itpEM41rl52wjo2_500.gif
Oh god, thats so fitting. I am laughing my ass of :D

Boogiepop

Guys, wish me luck. Bought me some random DVDs for cheap when out with a friend, most of it perfectly reasonable, but also including the bad (but hopefully fun-bad) inclusions of Ghost Rider and the Keanu Reeves Constantine movie I didn't know existed.

Also, finished off Fraction Iron Man, which was fun, and got like 1/3 of the way into the Kabuki Library Edition. Which is... interesting so far. Still pretty loose in terms of plot. I don't know how I feel so far, definitely feels like a strange one. The one thing that doesn't negatively impact the story but slightly bugs me is that it plays kind of loose with history, particularly a line that the war was "short lived like cherry blossoms" and the comfort women went back home or whatever shortly after it was over, which is... really not a good description of Japan post-WWII. But like I said it's a small thing in the grand scheme of things and I can tell it likely went that way because it wasn't the story he wanted to tell, plus it only really bugs me because I had way too many classes and whatnot on such things.

Edit: I liked Jurassic World. It's got some definite dumb points that you have to let slide, but I found it to be fun. Especially liked the focus on, you know, actually trying to make it feel like a "theme park".

frye

Miller said yesterday what I always assumed, which is that he's only "consulting"on DK3. So the only thing he's really doing is an Atom mini comic (which I am super interested in because I don't think he's been inked by another person since the original Dark Knight?) which is coming with the first issue.

which yeah, i thought from the moment that they didn't announce an artist and announced that Azz was "co-"writing that this whole thing stank but it's nice to get some confirmation

hey did ya pick up Lose #7

hey did ya pick up Lose #7

Nah, dude, I'm so behind of Deforge. I have quite enjoyed the Lose series, though. I have 2, 3, 4 and 5. Still haven't read my copy of Very Casual. I show Ant Colony to pretty much anyone who comes to my apartment, ha. Worship your Queen! I'll need to catch up on Lose. Small press, gotta grab it while you can. You dig #7?

The only thing Dino related that I have to say is that everyone should watch Dinotrux on Netflix. It's so fucking awesome.

Nah, dude, I'm so behind of Deforge. I have quite enjoyed the Lose series, though. I have 2, 3, 4 and 5. Still haven't read my copy of Very Casual. I show Any Colony to pretty much anyone who comes to my apartment, ha. Worship your Queen! I'll need to catch up on Lose. Small press, gotta grab it while you can. You dig #7?

The only thing Dino related that I have to say is that everyone should watch Dinotrux on Netflix. It's so fucking awesome.

I've never heard of this but Dinotrux is a badass name.

I've never heard of this but Dinotrux is a badass name.

It's what it sounds like, dude! Dinosaur trucks! Truck dinosaurs! And there's a species called reptools. They are reptile-tool creatures. It's just... Omg you guys, it's so good!

Animation, of course. Lovely animation. Awesome into song. Build! It! Up!

Clay Mann is doing the art for Amy Chu's 6 issue Poison Ivy mini. Solid art. The story will have Ivy being framed for a murder that she didn't commit.

ComicsGAF, how was Convergence? A good read, or no?

The hardcover came out this week, and i'm thinking about buying it. I'm not current yet with comics, but I though Convergence was a bigger event than a 330 page book.

I thought Ultimate Galactus would a fun read. A more modern take on Galactus. Nothing special, but worth what I paid at a local comic con a while back.

I wouldn't buy the HC. There were good books and bad books, but overall you'd probably be overpaying for the handful of quality titles.

Owzers

Andddddd i'm subbed to MU. Squirrel Girl time tonight. I didn't know the digital code for Age of Ultron blu ray also has a promotion for a $55/year sub to MU.

frye

Nah, dude, I'm so behind of Deforge. I have quite enjoyed the Lose series, though. I have 2, 3, 4 and 5. Still haven't read my copy of Very Casual. I show Ant Colony to pretty much anyone who comes to my apartment, ha. Worship your Queen! I'll need to catch up on Lose. Small press, gotta grab it while you can. You dig #7?

I was super into it. I think 6 and 7 are both ridiculously good (though my opinions of 2-5 are skewed because I read them all in a go instead of as installments; they bleed together for me).

Think RX is outta copies of 7 since I picked up the second to last one last week, though I'm sure Lucky's will have copies for a while

^Funnily enough I don't see how this game's linear stages are any different to a bunch of other games with linear stages outside of variety of the design and the area you'd be in :p
Hell as much as I'd love to play the UC games on PS4, I dread the 'combat arenas' @_@

Define 'positive feedback', cuz the attack impacts of the game are pretty good and indicative.
The game does have 'dings and markers', you just need to keep an eye open for them and predict attacks, like so
dpptnj.gif

Keep in mind that Rocksteady and butt cream games offer a marker on enemies to indicate they can be countered, this game doesn't so you need to keep an eye open and sometimes random rolling does result in Witch Time/Prime Time.

Furthermore vehicle finishers on Normal and Easy show text to indicate you can do a finisher, whereas on Hard and higher it's the blue flash only that indicates it, and even then the game from the start tells you that if you see a blue flash, you can do a finisher :V

I also should start using this thing.
There are attack indicators (the yellow flash given off by the opponent's eyes. Akin to MGR:R

Shockwave battle is god-tier

Grapple hook tech will be implemented in the near future
I thought only Valiant books caused projectile vomiting.
Heheheheheheh--
I dunno someone told me they got that from Death Vigil and that's why it sells terribly
HEY!
tumblr_mwafm4kwl51rkvzuno1_500.gif

that's a very beta-raptor thing to say.
It has tag-team dino combos

Jess is pregnant now and we don't know who the dad is

Howard the Duck

Jessica gives birth to a baby Doop, Marvel relaunches X-Statix.

I still need to read that omnibus.

You really do. It's one of the best omnibi that I own.

Luke Cage and Jessica Jones.

do i want to blind buy Jurassic World? The time is coming to decide, especially if i want to get another steelbook i'll have to paint if it's scratched.

I'm buying it.

I think we're seriously going to get a version of this but with bullets instead of lasers

Dino-Riders! Damn, I'm still kind of amazed no one ever brought that franchise back amidst all of the resurgences of 80's toy lines.

It's what it sounds like, dude! Dinosaur trucks! Truck dinosaurs! And there's a species called reptools. They are reptile-tool creatures. It's just... Omg you guys, it's so good!

Animation, of course. Lovely animation. Awesome into song. Build! It! Up!

I think I need to Google this "Dino-Trux."

Top Bottom