• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

MAN. Things are heating up in Planetary. Just read issue #12. Things are starting to come together.

What an awesome, awesome issue. Now time for bed and to continue tomorrow.

Everything ramps up from there and the ending is so perfect.

oh dear at capullo leaving batman would be a shame, they'll have to poach some damn good talent to replace him.

i'm down for whatever DC title they're on next, excited to find out what it is.

They should just give Batman to Tomasi and Gleason.

Zombine

Banned
The creators let the license expire and now IDW handles physical releases while everything is online for free as web comics. Pretty interesting way to go.

Dark Souls 3 is looking pretty cool I was kinda mixed on Bloodborne, I need that medieval fantasy and plethora of weapons and armor. Sounds like you are having fun at NYCC Zombine.

NYCC was a blast! I'm glad I was able to take it all in over 3 days this year. Not a whole lot going on today, so I'll be playing more games and getting some more art. I'm already in the building, so I'll definitely be able to queue a few I want.

Hagi

NYCC was a blast! I'm glad I was able to take it all in over 3 days this year. Not a whole lot going on today, so I'll be playing more games and getting some more art. I'm already in the building, so I'll definitely be able to queue a few I want.

have you been to any panels? we're playing with the idea of going next year but the queues man the queues, I'm British so I'm predisposed to queueing but I don't think I'd have it in me. Sounds like there is a crap load to do on the show floor though and my girlfriend has always wanted to go to New York so even if we didn't end up going all three days it wouldn't be a wasted trip.

Looking forward to seeing your haul.

Zombine

Banned
have you been to any panels? we're playing with the idea of going next year but the queues man the queues, I'm British so I'm predisposed to queueing but I don't think I'd have it in me. Sounds like there is a crap load to do on the show floor though and my girlfriend has always wanted to go to New York so even if we didn't end up going all three days it wouldn't be a wasted trip.

Looking forward to seeing your haul.

Oh man I've been to a ton of panels. My favorites are the ones at night where they show movies and shows early. I got to see Lucifer and Supergirl and I really dug that. Today is the All New All Different Marvel Panel as well. I fucking loved the Rebels season 2 sneak peak as well.

Oh man I've been to a ton of panels. My favorites are the ones at night where they show movies and shows early. I got to see Lucifer and Supergirl and I really dug that. Today is the All New All Different Marvel Panel as well. I fucking loved the Rebels season 2 sneak peak as well.

So how much damage have you done to your wallet after your previous comments? :)

That Rebels trailer is something else.

Hagi

Are they as bad to get into as the movie ones? I'd be more inclined to go to something like the Rebels panel than Suicide Squad for example. Seeing shows early would be cool as would going to a comic panel. I've never been to a con before so sorry for the questions, NYCC will hopefully be the first.

Zombine

Banned
So how much damage have you done to your wallet after your previous comments? :)

9unfFH5.gif

About a thhznndd..

Read ASM and Iron Man

ASM's new status quo is nice. It's definitely some of Slott's better writing. It's fun and Peter is fulfilling his potential and the art is mostly nice. Camuncoli needs to step up his inking tho. His lines are aliased as hell so he should probably be drawing at a higher resolution. You might not be able to tell in print and most people won't mind but I'm picky so...

The ending didn't really do anything for me. I never had much invested into Slotts treatment of the character so it's not a shock for me.

The previews were mixed. Silk and Spider Woman looked pretty good.

Iron Man was great! The art is phenomenal. Ponsor really compliments the line work well. Stark's voice is already even more clear than it was during Fractions run which is pretty impressive. Stark is charming and relatable.

His date for the issue was good too as a plot point to show us Stark's character and current mentality as well as situationally interesting. Which I mean to say the character introduced for the date was good and I'd like to see her stick around. She's drawn real good too. David Marquez art does not suffer from same face syndrome here.

The art is really really on point. The action is quality, expressions are nice, heavily detailed without blurring the focus of any panel or page. the layouts are often two page spreads like in many bendis books. Digitally it doesn't bother me but I sometimes get confused irl reading 2 pg spreads if I'm not immediately aware it's a two page spread.

I'm pretty sure we have another legit Bendis title here.

Hagi

I kinda like Valiant. Currently reading Unity

That's okay dumb jokes aside there's a few of us who like it as well. I'm making my way through Harbinger right now and plan on picking up volume 1 of the Quantum and Woody OHC later this week.

Y'all don't have nearly enough shade to bring me down today. ;)

I tried to get that Book of Death retail Geomancer book yesterday and no such luck. Going to have to wait till trade time.

That's okay dumb jokes aside there's a few of us who like it as well. I'm making my way through Harbinger right now and plan on picking up volume 1 of the Quantum and Woody OHC later this week.

I tried to get that Book of Death retail Geomancer book yesterday and no such luck. Going to have to wait till trade time.

I got #3 only, and its only to display really.

I have no idea if they'll ever release it in trade, but it's worth crossing fingers, toes, whatever you got that they'll release it in an ohc

Owzers

At the ANAD panel at NYC, a Spider-Women crossover event is slated for April. Crossover with Spiderwoman, Silk, and Spider Gwen.

crossovers.....nothing is safe. I hope Spiderwoman and Spider Gwen can save Silk from her life of crime. Or maybe they'll join her.

Hagi

At the ANAD panel at NYC, a Spider-Women crossover event is slated for April. Crossover with Spiderwoman, Silk, and Spider Gwen.

Is it called "The search for the baby daddy"?

I got #3 only, and its only to display really.

I have no idea if they'll ever release it in trade, but it's worth crossing fingers, toes, whatever you got that they'll release it in an ohc

I can't imagine they wouldn't release it in a trade or part of the OHC at some point. It's extra incentive for people to purchase the collection if they get some issues of something that was really hard to buy in it.

tim1138

Is anyone else still reading the Bombshells comic? I read the digital issues every Saturday and have really been enjoying it.

Paper Girls is pretty cool.

I'd somehow convinced myself it was just going to be Brian K. Vaughan doing a slice of life type comic about a girl on her paper round. I tried out a bunch of the ANAD Marvel stuff and...ehhhhhhh. I'm more of DC over Marvel but try as I might some of it didn't grab me. Iron Man was...ok but although I liked the cameo on the roof moment it was a bit "Bendis is going to do this trick every few issues". Dr Strange was alright but eh. I guess I'm cutting back on weeklies/monthlies/whateverlies so I can actually read stuff rather than accumulated dust magnets on my shelf.

Got Rat Queens on cmx's sale tho.

To me my rat queens!

Some hardcovers coming out next week, time for a another Valiant Deluxe edition according to previewsworld.

BATMAN YEAR 100 DLX ED HC
SATELLITE SAM OMNIBUS DLX HC (MR)
WAYWARD HC BOOK 01
BLOODSHOT DLX ED HC VOL 02

Ultimate Galactus Trilogy: I thought this was pretty decent with some great laugh-out-loud moments. Ultimate Nightmare was very creepy with a great sense of foreboding. Ultimate Secret was a fun Act II. But everything seemed to fall apart a bit in Ultimate Extinction. Felt very rushed with a lot of new characters and ideas introduced that went nowhere. I also wonder what happened to Ellis between Ultimate Secret and Ultimate Extinction for us to go from a fun, smart Reed to one that read like a caricature.

And speaking about Millar, Ultimate Vision #0 was very well done I thought.

Hagi

I got some more Batman Eternal reading done and wow Ian Bertram draws the shit out of his issue. This thing isn't half bad at all, think I'm going to pick up volume 2 later.

Is it called "The search for the baby daddy"?

I can't imagine they wouldn't release it in a trade or part of the OHC at some point. It's extra incentive for people to purchase the collection if they get some issues of something that was really hard to buy in it.

TPB is totally out if the question. They said so when they first announced it.

Some hardcovers coming out next week, time for a another Valiant Deluxe edition according to previewsworld.

BATMAN YEAR 100 DLX ED HC
SATELLITE SAM OMNIBUS DLX HC (MR)
WAYWARD HC BOOK 01
BLOODSHOT DLX ED HC VOL 02

Finally, shit.

Messi

Lady killer singles are up on Comixology in HD. Cheaper than the trade that is also there. Fantastic book that everyone should read and enjoy.

Paper Girls is pretty cool.

I'd somehow convinced myself it was just going to be Brian K. Vaughan doing a slice of life type comic about a girl on her paper round. I tried out a bunch of the ANAD Marvel stuff and...ehhhhhhh. I'm more of DC over Marvel but try as I might some of it didn't grab me. Iron Man was...ok but although I liked the cameo on the roof moment it was a bit "Bendis is going to do this trick every few issues". Dr Strange was alright but eh. I guess I'm cutting back on weeklies/monthlies/whateverlies so I can actually read stuff rather than accumulated dust magnets on my shelf.

Got Rat Queens on cmx's sale tho.

To me my rat queens!

Google price matched so I got the first two volumes. This better be as good as all of you claim.

tim1138

I got some more Batman Eternal reading done and wow Ian Bertram draws the shit out of his issue. This thing isn't half bad at all, think I'm going to pick up volume 2 later.

That was the only issue of Eternal I bought, and it was just for Bertram's art. I'm still upset we never got a Bertram drawn El Gaucho book

LosDaddie

Banned
ComicsGAF, how was Convergence? A good read, or no?

The hardcover came out this week, and i'm thinking about buying it. I'm not current yet with comics, but I though Convergence was a bigger event than a 330 page book.

Ultimate Galactus Trilogy: I thought this was pretty decent with some great laugh-out-loud moments. Ultimate Nightmare was very creepy with a great sense of foreboding. Ultimate Secret was a fun Act II. But everything seemed to fall apart a bit in Ultimate Extinction. Felt very rushed with a lot of new characters and ideas introduced that wen't nowhere. I also wonder what happened to Ellis between Ultimate Secret and Ultimate Extinction for us to go from a fun, smart Reed to one that read like a caricature.

And speaking about Millar, Ultimate Vision #0 was very well done I thought.

I thought Ultimate Galactus would a fun read. A more modern take on Galactus. Nothing special, but worth what I paid at a local comic con a while back.

Hagi

TPB is totally out if the question. They said so when they first announced it.

Seriously? ew that's weird not a fan of that at all. Hopefully it's rolled into the OHC then because if it not that's pretty shitty.

Anyone read Thief of Thieves? It's on sale and I like Nick Spencer (I believe he only does vol1) and Oceans 11 which this seems to riff on amongst other things.

That was the only issue of Eternal I bought, and it was just for Bertram's art. I'm still upset we never got a Bertram drawn El Gaucho book

I would buy an El Gaucho mini series or something by Bertram, I seriously loved his art in that issue.

Top Bottom