• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Zombine

Banned
Secret origins Messi.

Humble beginnings. It was Mindwipe I believe who told me about it and I then told frezza in PM.
I25hVxM.png

LOL, the craving was strong
GtsDC1P.png

If only I knew the shit saying this would cause me in footballgaf and here lol
GCO1ThX.png

Fiona staples came from the moon?

Owzers

You liked Age of Ultron? Well that is unexpected. I liked Ant-Man but I seem to be in the minority that preferred Ultron.

Yeah, i'm surprised too considering i didn't like the first Avengers outside of the final action act. First Avengers felt like a Thor movie and i don't like any of the Thor movies, can't stand Loki, the exchange between Black Widow and Loki in the shield helicarrier was awful. Then just small stuff like the hulkbuster scene being a lot better than when Thor got into a fight with iron man in the woods over Loki custody.

That's just not true, Ed. It's teasing, and only because he's so adamant in his love for Valiant.

:D
I dunno, the Valiant stuff is just a joke and a ComicGAF meme IMO.
Nothing serious againstthe people who like it.
This is not true. The ribbing is so crazy that it can't be taken seriously and he knows it.

I wonder if I could find the first time I was told about sunstone on here. That was a revelatory moment for me.

that comment was actually just teasing. like Valiant, you shouldn't take it seriously

Secret Wars 6:

So if Black Panther has the Infinity Gauntley for the universe that Doom's castle is on, what is stopping him from going there and wishing that entire universe is restored?

Messi

So you're saying that you're single-handedly responsible for the success of Sunstone and Sejic's Bestseller status?

I didn't wanna say it buuuut....

I did a little bit more digging. My second post on comic gaf was in July 2013 (my first was about preordering the bombshell harley statue):

I showed up right as they announced the Jimmy and Amanda Harley book. Someone links to it a few posts down.

Here is the wall of shame for that month. lol.

I then don't post again until november when I steadily increase in posting here and decrease in footballgaf. Like a virus I moved over. We have grown so much in size and post count over these years. Its kinda nice. I am sorry if this isnt as interesting to you guys as it is to me.

I didn't wanna say it buuuut....

I did a little bit more digging. My second post on comic gaf was in July 2013 (my first was about preordering the bombshell harley statue):

I showed up right as they announced the Jimmy and Amanda Harley book. Someone links to it a few posts down.

Here is the wall of shame for that month. lol.

I then don't post again until november when I steadily increase in posting here and decrease in footballgaf. Like a virus I moved over. We have grown so much in size and post count over these years. Its kinda nice. I am sorry if this isnt as interesting to you guys as it is to me.
yeah its pretty interesting how much more active this thread is now. the weekly threads thpically got 200-300 posts. which is like...one day now

yeah its pretty interesting how much more active this thread is now. the weekly threads thpically got 200-300 posts. which is like...one day now

I vaguely remember the weekly threads, but that was when I was a lurker of these parts.

Now I just lurk every other thread instead! The system works.

Speaking of Valiant, I am now 100% read up on modern Valiant, at least if you don't count the Priest Q&W mini set in, best as I can tell, the 90s continuity. Some thoughts:
- Most stuff is good to amazing.
- I can see why Shadowman is considered one of the weaker series. It's not the worst thing ever, but it's not amazing either. The rather significant change of direction after the creative team switch was a bit awkward as well. Suffers pretty badly from fairly forced romance because reasons.
- Ninjak Ninjak Ninjak BELIEVE IT! is mostly OK, but the last two issues have started to feel a bit too "Enemy X out of Y monthly until there's the inevitable twist" thing.
- Divinity, Man of the Atom was OK. We've seen a bit more of him beyond the mini, but I'm still curious about exactly what they plan for their God character.
- I can see why Dead Drop isn't much talked about. It's not bad but it didn't do much for me either. Not Mr. Kot's strongest work.
- Ivar is still fun and fantastic and I wish it wasn't only 12 issues.
- Imperium is solid. It's one of those weird situations where you don't entirely have anyone to cheer on, but I suppose it works.
- Bloodshot Reborn is great but, maybe more than anything else Valiant, it sometimes feels like it may risk falling into being a bit too dark and gritty.
- X-O Manowar is...there? It's OK but it's really not super exciting compared to the other Valiant books, either.
- I'm not playing your nonsense games in regards to Legends of the Geomancer, Valiant. Seriously, put this out in a manner that allows people to get it without at least one party getting fucked. Either it gets a ridiculous markup or a store needs a huge number of BoD copies they probably won't be able to sell in order to get any real number of LotG books.

Secret Wars 6:

So if Black Panther has the Infinity Gauntley for the universe that Doom's castle is on, what is stopping him from going there and wishing that entire universe is restored?
Nothing. No idea how they'll operate, tho, what with the drastically reduced size of their original universe.

Also he'll scout before trying anything, what with having seen firsthand how his target handled what was essentially another god.

Amazon is pretty good about trade dates.

Amazon dates are usually a week or two later than the actual release dates. Regular retailers like Amazon or Barnes & Noble get them after direct market (comic) shops. But Amazon is still worth checking for a rough idea because they post listings so far in advance.

Owzers

Nicki Minaj....House....i dunno about this stuff. Both are probably good things to listen/watch when reading Valiant comics.

Hey comics-gaf, I've been just getting into comics in the last few months and I was wondering if Marvel NOW! would be a good way to jump into Marvel continuity?

Sandfox

Hey comics-gaf, I've been just getting into comics in the last few months and I was wondering if Marvel NOW! would be a good way to jump into Marvel continuity?

I would say it is, but All-New All-Different Marvel is an even easier point to jump in at and its just starting now. Marvel Now introduced a lot of things that will still be present during ANAD Marvel so if there's something you're interested in I say go for it.

Zombine

Banned
I'm basically going to go in and re-vamp the Marvel Now part of the comic thread. It's more like Marvel Then at this point and ANAD is even easier to jump into.

hmm depends on what youre looking for actually.

if you want to keep up with the monthly releases then all new all different is what you are looking for but if you are just looking to read marvel that is recent id just read marvel now stuff

Speaking of Satellite Sam coming out next week, I hope the Fantagraphics Usagi Yojimbo box set is included in the IST new releases. It is already out on Amazon. Have been waiting to read that before reading Dark Horse's second volume.

Zombine

Banned
There, there.

:'(

Not even trying to be mean, I promise. It really felt like they were trying to make the brand stand out and look super welcoming. I hope they continue to grow and do well.

My only problem is I know nothing about these dollar store figure looking superheroes.

gabbo

I wonder if I could find the first time I was told about sunstone on here. That was a revelatory moment for me.
Is that book/series any good? I never see it in my usual shops, and i usually on see it mentioned sporadically here on GAF.

Top Bottom