• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Messi

Is that book/series any good? I never see it in my usual shops, and i usually on see it mentioned sporadically here on GAF.

It is my fav book and I think it is incredible.

Most comic retailers should have a copy or two of the 3 volumes that are in paperback now.

Messi

on the bright side shouldn't be long before Valiant POPs are revealed

CQvlIk5UsAE1RDt.jpg

Messi

So it's not whatever term has been coined that pairs erotica and western comics?

Its a lesbian love story that is beautiful and heartfelt that just happens to include them tying each other up every once in a while. Most people here who try it, love it.

I'm going to read Switch too, so we can dance to the song of cancellation together

I'd imagine the writing is already on the wall for Switch.

gabbo

Its a lesbian love story that is beautiful and heartfelt that just happens to include them tying each other up every once in a while. Most people here who try it, love it.

I'd imagine the writing is already on the wall for Switch.
I ask only because i dont want to dive into a book where the sexuality is used to be "edgy" and titilating, eg boys read comics fill it with boobs. You have assauged that fear.

Owzers

i am reminded that i never read Death Vigil #8 so i started that, i am going to consider it comics reading. MGS V is weird, i finished the prologue and am now in sandville.

Messi

I ask only because i dont want to dive into a book where the sexuality is used to be "edgy" and titilating, eg boys read comics fill it with boobs. You have assauged that fear.

It's not that. The nudity is secondary. It's about the characters. Also has a fairly large female fanbase.

Sejic treats bdsm and sexuality with respect. It's one of the more fascinating aspects.

What, tying each other up?

Well, I mean, don't knock it until you've tried it and all that.

It's not like that in Sunstone. There is sexy stuff as part of the story but it's not the focus and it's not really intended to be either edgy or titillating. If anything, it's more of a kind of framing device.

Edit: Messi said it way better than I did.

Hagi

It's totally something the characters happen to be into rather than a book to put characters in super sexy situations. Now I'm not saying there isn't super sexy situations it's just that they are there in service of the characters rather than purely for titillation. It's a good book.

Owzers

I need to write my congressman to ban Sunstone, the lewdness is corrupting an entire generation of comic readers. See how it spreads on comics-gaf? And if here, then it's everywhere.

*Batman see's the Wicked Witch doing teleportation magic and looks at Gandalf*

Batman: "How come you can't do that?"

Lego Dimensions is funny.

Batman: "Your a heartless villain Scarecrow."

Scarecrow: "I'm not heartless, thats Tin Man."

Owzers

All the comics i could choose from to start back up my MU reading with today's sub and i choose more Bendis Uncanny X-men, issue #24, the original sin tie-in. I deserve this. It's also the reason why i'm not buying his Iron Man.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise

PsychBat!

Banned
Yes, Matt Hawkins was posting it on Twitter. I think it was delayed to match up synergy with switch. That's out on Wednesday. 3 covers I think. Sejic by two linda Sejic x1.

guys I am so confused right now. What if the evil Silk isn't Silk. But...
Sinister Silk.

MG310

Holy crap, Stephane Roux couldn't make it to the show but he sent along 5 single Powergirl/Harley pages and then a 2 page splash.

They only went for 600 total!

I had to skip out as I already won a few things and had no idea he would send something like that.

I won a Phil Noto painted fire helmet (side profile of Widow on one side, logo on the other), a David Messina Catwoman page, and an 11x17 Harley and Power Girl pinup by Elliot Fernandez.

Owzers

Perhaps you're right, dear sillymonkey.

Let's say you keep reading comics and finding things you enjoy. It sounds like fun, stories you get into, art that isn't always potato-heads. Then you stumble upon this in the comic shop.

HLBB_1_VAR_BAG.jpg

It's just an innocent Harley book, you say, why shouldn't you give it a try? You buy it and open the polybag which causes the asteroid that is going to pass the earth to change its course and destroy the world because you couldn't resist that girly hijinx temptation.

gabbo

My favorite bits in Sunstone are the lovely character bits like Ally acting like a dork around Lisa sticking the jigsaw piece to her face.

I'm sorry I really love Sunstone
Ive seen the middle pannel before, and laughed out loud, been there (minus the being a bed hog part). You guys have sold me.

Will have to inquire about it next time i drop by the beguiling.

Better get that congressman on the phone before they convert more

VanWinkle

Let's say you keep reading comics and finding things you enjoy. It sounds like fun, stories you get into, art that isn't always potato-heads. Then you stumble upon this in the comic shop.

HLBB_1_VAR_BAG.jpg

It's just an innocent Harley book, you say, why shouldn't you give it a try? You buy it and open the polybag which causes the asteroid that is going to pass the earth to change its course and destroy the world because you couldn't resist that girly hijinx temptation.

So what I need to do is avoid Harley Quinn and I'll be okay, right?

Read my pulls today:

Invincible Iron Man #1 - Aggressively mediocre. It was okay to start, but then they brought in the whole
mutant cure bit.
I pretty much bailed mentally, but then the incredibly stilted reveal of
young Victor von Doom
pretty much encouraged me to bail on the book entirely. Pretty much completely stupid.

What if? Infinity Thanos and What if? Infinity Inhumans - Enjoyable books on their own right, but I vastly preferred the Thanos book over that. Thanos was incredibly entertaining and interesting direction to go. Inhumans was...eh. Seemed out of character.

Batman Beyond #5 - I miss Terry so much.

Midnighter #5 - Still a rocking book, and I love Dick and Midnighter's chemistry.

Siege #4 - Great end to a great book. Really good that it lines up with Secret Wars perfectly.

Old Man Logan #5 - Decent end to the book. Very emotional, which Sorrentino captures perfectly. Not the most exciting, but still well done. Another seemingly shoehorned reason for a character existing in the ANAD universe, but whatever I guess.

Secret Wars #6 - I mean, we got that hype train going.

Also, Realm of Kings...so, the Inhumans and Imperial Guard stories were fucking radical, then we get to this "son of hulk" storyline...wow does this have nothing to do with anything and I don't care (makes me want to read Planet Hulk slightly more than before, though). So, does the Fault just exist until Secret Wars then? Because I do want to see this ending storyline with the Cancerverse and getting Black Bolt back. What book do I have to go on to after that to finish the storyline?

Read my pulls today:

Invincible Iron Man #1 - Aggressively mediocre. It was okay to start, but then they brought in the whole
mutant cure bit.
I pretty much bailed mentally, but then the incredibly stilted reveal of
young Victor von Doom
pretty much encouraged me to bail on the book entirely. Pretty much completely stupid.

Wow, I'm surprised you didn't like it. It was pretty universally well-received around here, and the art was stunning in places.

Sandfox

So the last real panel of note in terms of comic announcements is the Women of Marvel panel and I'm curious to see if Blade is mentioned. I think its weird they didn't save Spider-Women for this.

Wow, I'm surprised you didn't like it. It was pretty universally well-received around here, and the art was stunning in places.

The Bendis tropes are pretty strong in the books so there are going to be people who don't like it.

Top Bottom