• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Messi

Such a sick haul, Zombine. I'm especially envious of the Lee and Clem figures. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Squirrel Girl is a teen, right? I have rules about avoiding teen-protagonist books. It's one reason I stay off spider books despite loving spider powers.

Checked out a preview of Lady Killer. Looks awesome..! I'll try the first issue. Dark Horse making a deal with CMX is the comic story of the year, never mind the week.

She is in college. You should read it. It is fantastic.

Zombine

Banned
Such a sick haul, Zombine. I'm especially envious of the Lee and Clem figures. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Squirrel Girl is a teen, right? I have rules about avoiding teen-protagonist books. It's one reason I stay off spider books despite loving spider powers.

Checked out a preview of Lady Killer. Looks awesome..! I'll try the first issue. Dark Horse making a deal with CMX is the comic story of the year, never mind the week.

Thanks! I appreciate it.

That's interesting about the anti-teen books. I've never really heard of that before.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Peter is out of the College since the 70s I guess and beside Miles I dont know of any Spider-Character who still young enough to go to school.

She is in college. You should read it. It is fantastic.

I might give the first issue a go. I make the occasional exception.

Thanks! I appreciate it.

That's interesting about the anti-teen books. I've never really heard of that before.

It's just.. I'm almost 40, dude. TV raised me. Do you know how many stories I've seen and read about teenagers at this point? So..so many. I mean, I was obsessed with Archie as a kid. I'd read hundreds of stories about teenagers before I ever was one. I'm bored of the world of teendom no matter how many super powers or conspiracy theories are involved. That age is so long ago for me that it's hard to relate. Which is funny, because last week I was nannying (which is a small linguistic shift from babysitting) and spent my earnings on comic books. I'm forever young in many ways, but also a crusty old man tired of teenagers.

Zombine

Banned
It's just.. I'm almost 40, dude. TV raised me. Do you know how many stories I've seen and read about teenagers at this point? So..so many. I mean, I was obsessed with Archie as a kid. I'd read hundreds of stories about teenagers before I ever was one. I'm bored of the world of teendom no matter how many super powers or conspiracy theories are involved. That age is so long ago for me that it's hard to relate. Which is funny, because last week I was nannying (which is a small linguistic shift from babysitting) and spent my earnings on comic books. I'm forever young in many ways, but also a crusty old man tired of teenagers.

That's a pretty badass way to put it to be honest. The real story here is that you just crushed the hearts of like 1/2 of our members who thought you were a woman. Welcome to the club brah.

Half the reason why I changed my pic. I was tired of seeing everyone's dicks.

I think you'll enjoy the new Spider-Woman book in ANAD

Spider-Woman or Spider-Gwen? I'm taking a wait and see approach to ANAD. If folks seem to love either title, I'll give it a look.

That's a pretty badass way to put it to be honest. The real story here is that you just crushed the hearts of like 1/2 of our members who thought you were a woman. Welcome to the club brah.

Half the reason why I changed my pic. I was tired of seeing everyone's dicks.

Ha. No one ever sent me dick pics! I'm insulted/relieved/insulted.

Zombine

Banned
I want all of the sketches you got. Annie Wu's Betty is fleekinlicious.

I have a local con coming up next weekend and there aren't any big name artists there but I'm hoping to get a few decent sketches.

Annie Wu's #4 out soon! She's only on for a single issue though. She's not done with it yet. I'm expecting a tiny delay.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Spider-Woman or Spider-Gwen? I'm taking a wait and see approach to ANAD. If folks seem to love either title, I'll give it a look.

Woman. Alas, I was being sarcastic.

She's pregnant and I can imagine the book being a boring soap opera.

Owzers

Was it any of them? I thought that was only the target special one that had it and they were out of that version.

Edit: Ah, it expired. Doesn't matter now.

what expired? It was the Age of Ultron digital copy code that also works towards other bonuses, in the U.S. the code works until 2017, the MU promo until next year.

Hagi

The best thing about Spider-woman being pregnant is the debate about whether she should still be crime fighting. Can't really sell a spidey book where the biggest event in an issue is going to prenatal classes I suppose.

what expired? It was the Age of Ultron digital copy code that also works towards other bonuses, in the U.S. the code works until 2017, the MU promo until next year.
Ohhh, it's 10/5/2016. I thought it said 2015 you had to redeem it by. I'm assuming all of the blurays have it? If so I'll pick it up today, it's essentially free then.

Owzers

Ohhh, it's 10/5/2016. I thought it said 2015 you had to redeem it by. I'm assuming all of the blurays have it? If so I'll pick it up today, it's essentially free then.

i presume all of the blu rays with the digital copy included, there is a blu ray version with just the blu ray movie and nothing else. Who knows!?!

And it might be just Age of Ultron too, i checked my GOTG and that code was both expired by now and just for a month membership.

Zombine that hull doesn't look too bad. You must've only spent around $200.
The best thing about Spider-woman being pregnant is the debate about whether she should still be crime fighting. Can't really sell a spidey book where the biggest event in an issue is going to prenatal classes I suppose.
Maybe she'll end a fight by throwing up on her villains.

i presume all of the blu rays with the digital copy included, there is a blu ray version with just the blu ray movie and nothing else. Who knows!?!

And it might be just Age of Ultron too, i checked my GOTG and that code was both expired by now and just for a month membership.

Yeah, I think it's just age of ultron. Thanks,.

So is there a lot of back and forth between the letterer and artist to accommodate the speech bubbles and the sound effects?

I always wonder how Comics are completed in a month, with four or five different creators working on it. At least with the Manga, it is one creator with a few assistants all working in the same room. In Comics we keep hearing about teams that haven't ever met each other in person.

Thanks for the info btw! Always appreciate the insights.
theres always a little back and forth but in big 2 books i imagine most of it is between letterer and editor. cant really say.

artists try to give space to every panel that will have dialogue. they dont really check with letterers to see if theres enough space. letterers kind of just have to deal with whats there haha

from time to time youll see letterers grumble about artists drawing panels with the characters out of speaking order. ex: they drew the character that speaks last on the left side and the first speaker on the right side of the panel

frye

theres always a little back and forth but in big 2 books i imagine most of it is between letterer and editor. cant really say.

artists try to give space to every panel that will have dialogue. they dont really check with letterers to see if theres enough space. letterers kind of just have to deal with whats there haha

from time to time youll see letterers grumble about artists drawing panels with the characters out of speaking order. ex: they drew the character that speaks last on the left side and the first speaker on the right side of the panel

Yeah, most sound effects are done by a letterer afaik, though sometimes the artist does it themselves. Zainib Akhtar has a nice collection of the god integrating that stuff in his art, mostly in Batman n Robin for example

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
still no last issue of new avengers/avengers on MU (last week that is) which means SW wont start this week

sad Rhaknar :(

Top Bottom