• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

I know people kinda shit on that Valiant house style, but I kinda dig it. It's nowhere near as shit-tastic as DC's house style, and all of their people at least have varied body types and it's like a Chris Samnee-lite.

I never really thought about it, but nah, their house style isn't anything crazy. They're certainly not trying to make waves in that department. On the other hand, it's not indicative of the talent behind the books themselves, and there's a pretty large range of tones and styles across them.

U r a muppet m8. All I have to do is get you and Launchpad to retire and I'll be at the top of the list.

#foreverthird
#allpartoftheplan
#throwbackthursday
#blessed

How I'm imaging Zombine right now:

uKunuyz.jpg

I guess I'm in quite the minority with Invincible Iron Man.
No they're good. It's just a bad habit to focus more on being number 1 or whatever the imaginary commendation is than being a valuable part of the community. You're awesome, it's just posting about count or whatever looks like it's some kind of race and believe me it isn't and it's one of the reasons we lost some good folks.

It literally amounts to nothing at all.
Preach

Pfft. No one should be complaining about quality with my hyper-awkward prose around. I think the only reason I haven't been kicked out entirely is because some of you, somehow, enjoy my silly Valiant names.

The art in Iron Man was way too flat. Not sure what is going on with the inker but it didn't look good.

Doctor Strange is my Marvel book of the week.

Tizoc

I never really thought about it, but nah, their house style isn't anything crazy. They're certainly not trying to make waves in that department. On the other hand, it's not indicative of the talent behind the books themselves, and there's a pretty large range of tones and styles across them.

How I'm imaging Zombine right now:

Reverse Flash needs to get a life....or start dating other people.

Hellers

I'd buy Squirrel Girl crossovers with anything. If you don't love Doreen you literally have a heart made of stone. Which makes you dead. So how are you posting?

We deserve to know.

Messi

I'd buy Squirrel Girl crossovers with anything. If you don't love Doreen you literally have a heart made of stone. Which makes you dead. So how are you posting?

We deserve to know.

I totally agree but also I thought we established that we are all dead and this is limbo.

Messi

What's a manlet?

Manlet

The little fella you see at the gym who tries to draw attention away from his short stature by packing on excessive muscle mass (this generally has an effect opposite of that which was intended). Often waddles around like a muscly lil' meatball.

That manlet may only be 5'5", but I just saw him rep 250 lbs. eight times on the bench! Somebody's overcompensating.

arkon

I was hoping the titles I was going to be reading wouldn't be affected by crossovers. Oh well. I'll just stick to the titles I was buying anyway.

Zombine

Banned
VWx6gtBh.jpg

Annie Wu Kate Bishop Pin

nMqfYJmh.jpg

Babs Tarr Hero Con exclusive Spider-Gwen print

LXrpQiEh.jpg

Jim Mahfood Tank Girl "sketch" (It's a fuckin commission, let's be real. He went above and beyond)

GcjDRmPh.jpg

Ryan Browne Hohass Star Wars "sketch" (Another commission. He ate this shit up and even posted it on his Twitter. It's glorious)

VRzOLzVh.jpg

Erican Henderson Squirrel Girl page ^_^ She's lovely.

WYYR6Vsh.jpg

Terry Moore sketch. Lovely, lovely people. Robyn and Terry are wonderful to talk to.

dZALX8Ah.jpg

ANNIE WU BETTY HEAD SKETCH OMFG I LOVE IT SO MUCH

drR0Ep7h.jpg

Ryan Browne God Hates Astronauts Issue -1 with custom head sketch. Lol he took issue 1 and wrote a new story with the dialogue XD

95pXpDAh.jpg

Various Skottie Young Pins.

cfmv1UKh.jpg

A Jurassic Park button

nnj6wHqh.jpg

Given to me by the guy who sculpted the Walking Dead statues. He gave me some info about the next one after Negan. It's gonna be awesome. ;)

kgUZPX5h.jpg

At least 3 more minutes of reading

wl43z2Yh.jpg

A shit book

SxPdvEOh.jpg

NYCC Exclusive Harley Bust

BbGeQhJh.jpg

Nintendo World stuff. Pumpkin Pikachu, Substitue doll (!!!!!) and 8-bit Donkey Kong.

yOcOQBKh.jpg

Don't Dead Open Inside pins

6IHtT7Qh.jpg

Gold Stan Lee Pop

Yb5U7teh.jpg

Mother Ghost Pop

IBN9Cfph.jpg

Exclusive Lee and Clementine Figs from Image Booth :)D)

DvKPR9Fh.jpg

Hack/Slash limited edition Annie Wu print

And that's it.

NYCC stuff
And that's it.

Some really cool stuff. I especially love that Squirrel Girl page.

hmm its kind of a case by case thing. the writer usually writes in the script if there's a sound effect. sometimes the artist will draw it in if it interacts with the line art but usually its the letterer that does it.

So is there a lot of back and forth between the letterer and artist to accommodate the speech bubbles and the sound effects?

I always wonder how Comics are completed in a month, with four or five different creators working on it. At least with the Manga, it is one creator with a few assistants all working in the same room. In Comics we keep hearing about teams that haven't ever met each other in person.

Thanks for the info btw! Always appreciate the insights.

Owzers

i moved up my MU Squirrel Girl #1 reading because of the crossover announcement. I still don't like the art, it reminds me of the creepy scenes in movies when plastic toys melt. It was enjoyable for awhile though until Kraven came around and the story conclusion to that confrontation was underwhelming. Random 6/10 for funcuteness but it's not something i regret passing up so far.

I presume i'll just buy that one Squirrel Girl crossover issue and continue reading the book on MU.

Hellers

While Doreen can and indeed has beaten up the heaviest hitters in the Marvel U she prefers to solve her problems without punching and instead making friends.

Unless it's dinosaurs because she loves punching dinosaurs.

Best comic

Hellers

I've just looked at the first post for the All New Marvel thread in Community. Seeing all those covers got me so excited. So much to read.

I'M ON THE HYPE TRAIN AND IT'S OUT OF CONTROL BABY

Such a sick haul, Zombine. I'm especially envious of the Lee and Clem figures. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Squirrel Girl is a teen, right? I have rules about avoiding teen-protagonist books. It's one reason I stay off spider books despite loving spider powers.

Checked out a preview of Lady Killer. Looks awesome..! I'll try the first issue. Dark Horse making a deal with CMX is the comic story of the year, never mind the week.

Top Bottom