• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

arkon

Wait... Lamaquinon is a man?

Could have sworn I remember posts about a lesbian lover, leaving for mexico and working in a daycare centre.

Before this gets too creepy I'll just say I remember this because La Maquinon had similar tastes in comics IIRC (Prophet, Atomic Robo, Spurrier, Six Gun Gorilla etc.) and this was at the time Six Gun Gorilla was releasing and was one of the few to talk about it in the thread, so I paid a bit more attention to those posts.

Zombine

Banned
You should just stop getting sketches and art now, because nothing will ever top that. Ryan Browne is the best.

I genuinely believe that he deserves more success. I loved how he explained how he views God Hates Astronauts, and how the book came together. It's really freaking cool.

Edit: I just wanted to point out that I think at least once in your life you'll have a lesbian lover, and I mean I teach elementary school children so really anything can happen.

Me.

A teacher.

Lol....fml how does this happen? We're not living in 616 brah's.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I love the art in this annual, but that looks nothing like Jordan.

IzZbFb0.png

tim1138

I genuinely believe that he deserves more success. I loved how he explained how he views God Hates Astronauts, and how the book came together. It's really freaking cool.

I wish he would get picked up for a series by DC or Marvel so more people would be exposed to his work. He is seriously my favorite person in comics.

Did he tell you about his story that's gonna be in a future Dark Horse Presents issue?

Messi

Could have sworn I remember posts about a lesbian lover, leaving for mexico and working in a daycare centre.

Before this gets too creepy I'll just say I remember this because La Maquinon had similar tastes in comics IIRC (Prophet, Atomic Robo, Spurrier, Six Gun Gorilla etc.) and this was at the time Six Gun Gorilla was releasing and was one of the few to talk about it in the thread, so I paid a bit more attention to those posts.

I remember this...

All this stuff is true! Though we decided not to move after all. And thank goodness because we broke up last year (all good, still friends).

I'm transgender, guys. One of the reasons I was sidetracked from my hobbying for a while was that I was coming to terms with that. Mystery solved.

Zombine

Banned
I wish he would get picked up for a series by DC or Marvel so more people would be exposed to his work. He is seriously my favorite person in comics.

Did he tell you about his story that's gonna be in a future Dark Horse Presents issue?

He did not! We talked about how Adult Swim keeps turning him down :/

Messi

All this stuff is true! Though we decided not to move after all. And thank goodness because we broke up last year (all good, still friends).

I'm transgender, guys. One of the reasons I was sidetracked from my hobbying for a while was that I was coming to terms with that. Mystery solved.

I hope we didn't offend you. We were only having a bit of fun :(.

Squire

Banned

That's dope of you to put it out there like that. You must be in a good place. I'm glad.

It's apparently National Coming Out Day, btw guys!

Owzers

i played a little more MGS V and am reminded that i don't like stealth in anything. Wander around, mark people, move around, take a guard down, movie around slowly, the one guy you didn't see spots you so i shoot him and another guy is alerted and now it's an all out shooty shooty where every guard takes seven bullets to kill and even then they look at you funny.

There's still time that someone could always show their disdain by having their dog wipe their arse all over a hated comic.

Note to self: get a dog.

Played some more Mad Max. Every time I load this thing, I say "I'm just logging in for my Scrap Crews" and then it's four hours later. I don't even like the game that much, but it's now second on my Steam playtime list (thank god they didn't track that during my CS:S phase).

i played a little more MGS V and am reminded that i don't like stealth in anything. Wander around, mark people, move around, take a guard down, movie around slowly, the one guy you didn't see spots you so i shoot him and another guy is alerted and now it's an all out shooty shooty where every guard takes seven bullets to kill and even then they look at you funny.

Equip battle armor and lethal weaponry, preferably a rifle with a scope and a lmg with high penetration.
Deploy with a jeep and quiet with whatever lethal rifle she has.
Drive the jeep straight to wherever you need to go.
Kill everything asap. Abuse the fuck out of reflex.

Get S rank like a bawss because you did it fast.

MGS5 can be a stealth game. MGS5 most certainly does not need to be a stealth game.
If every guard is taking 7 shots to kill, you aint going for headshots and sending your dudes out to destroy helmets and riot gear enuff.

Or just bring a grenade launcher.
Can also deploy with the dog so you can get ghetto radar tagging.

Owzers

Equip battle armor and lethal weaponry, preferably a rifle with a scope and a lmg with high penetration.
Deploy with a jeep and quiet with whatever lethal rifle she has.
Drive the jeep straight to wherever you need to go.
Kill everything asap. Abuse the fuck out of reflex.

Get S rank like a bawss because you did it fast.

MGS5 can be a stealth game. MGS5 most certainly does not need to be a stealth game.

i have none of that :p it's the first mission. I have a horse and a silenced scopeless rifle that hates things.

tim1138

He did not! We talked about how Adult Swim keeps turning him down :/

If only someone would fund a GHA cartoon in the vein of BoJack Horseman...

So his Dark Horse story is called "There's a gorilla on the cover." Back in the Silver Age, DC had an editor (whose name escapes me at the moment) that thought comics would sell better with a gorilla on the cover. Back then covers had dialog and were basically one page stories. Browne is going through a bunch of those old covers to pull out ones that you can put into sequence to tell a story. Obviously he's going to redraw them to avoid copyright issues, but he's not changing the poses or dialog at all. It should be pretty great, he was super excited about it when he was describing it to me.

Zombine

Banned
If only someone would fund a GHA cartoon in the vein of BoJack Horseman...

So his Dark Horse story is called "There's a gorilla on the cover." Back in the Silver Age, DC had an editor (whose name escapes me at the moment) that thought comics would sell better with a gorilla on the cover. Back then covers had dialog and were basically one page stories. Browne is going through a bunch of those old covers to pull out ones that you can put into sequence to tell a story. Obviously he's going to redraw them to avoid copyright issues, but he's not changing the poses or dialog at all. It should be pretty great, he was super excited about it when he was describing it to me.

Oh wow I'll buy that book! Gorilla's are awesome.

i have none of that :p it's the first mission. I have a horse and a silenced scopeless rifle that hates things.

PC? If so, use a trainer asap so you can get bucketloads of materials and resources, thus removing the grind from the game and allowing you to play with the Fun Stuff.

But yeah, the early game is kinda more stealth oriented. Never need to crawl, tho. Walking crouched should be good enough for anything beyond 50 meters at that stage.

arkon

Apologies if that came across as insensitive.

Owzers

PC? If so, use a trainer asap so you can get bucketloads of materials and resources, thus removing the grind from the game and allowing you to play with the Fun Stuff.

But yeah, the early game is kinda more stealth oriented. Never need to crawl, tho. Walking crouched should be good enough for anything beyond 50 meters at that stage.

ps4, only the finest of console gaming for me.

Lashley

Note to self: get a dog.

Played some more Mad Max. Every time I load this thing, I say "I'm just logging in for my Scrap Crews" and then it's four hours later. I don't even like the game that much, but it's now second on my Steam playtime list (thank god they didn't track that during my CS:S phase).

Its a really underrated game IMO

I'm regretting not creating a decker for shadowrun returns so much. Didn't know you only controlled a single party member. Bah.

In comic news, caught up with OnePunch-Man and Hunter x Hunter. Good Comics. (well, the former more than the latter).

Ah, there was your mistake. You should have come to terms with being trans before starting your comic hobbying. Then you couldn't get sidetracked from it! Let me tell you, it works way better that way!

I'm super glad you've been able to work yourself out. Things are complicated enough without that uncertainty and stress.

I'm regretting not creating a decker for shadowrun returns so much. Didn't know you only controlled a single party member. Bah.

In comic news, caught up with OnePunch-Man and Hunter x Hunter. Good Comics. (well, the former more than the latter).

OPM is fantastic comics, is what it is. Great humor and that art, my god. There are whole chapters where it's just like "and now, we pause so Murata can show off how ridiculously good he is."

And that's okay.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Star Wars Kanan #1 was great. They are really knocking it out of the park with this Star Wars thing arent they?

Zombine

Banned
Star Wars Kanan #1 was great. They are really knocking it out of the park with this Star Wars thing arent they?

It gets better brother. Lando is really awesome.

Edit:

I just wanted to point out that Battlefront completely integrated male and female soldiers on both sides. I love how I just wrecked the storm troopers as this badass Asian lady who was then subsequently shut the fuck down by a thermal grenade. Star Wars man...equal death for everyone.

Lashley

It gets better brother. Lando is really awesome.

Edit:

I just wanted to point out that Battlefront completely integrated male and female soldiers on both sides. I love how I just wrecked the storm troopers as this badass Asian lady who was then subsequently shut the fuck down by a thermal grenade. Star Wars man...equal death for everyone.

I really want to enjoy Battlefront, but I'm so shit at it.

Top Bottom