• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
S.H.I.E.L.D. #3 - Coulson and Spidey need to take care of some home invaders messing with Dr.Strange's stuff. My favorite issue so far, really fun read, Spiderman felt like old-school Spidey (maybe Waid should write Spidey hmm) and the art was great. Series still feels like a random, almost "case of the week with random guest star" thing, im still not sure how I feel about that.

S.H.I.E.L.D. #4 - another great issue, with Sue (aka Invisible Woman) going on a extraction mission whuch turns into a emergency surgery mission. Waid has her use her powers in really imaginative ways...maybe Waid should write the F4 hmm (lol). Starting to get into this book tbh.

I'm ten issues in to 52 and I can't do it. I'm just not going to make it. I don't care enough. I have no investment in this world or these characters save for Batwoman and Renee Montoya. So I'm just gonna skim to their story, ha.

Thanks for the support, folks. In this choice and in others that have come before it, heh.

VanWinkle

I'm ten issues in to 52 and I can't do it. I'm just not going to make it. I don't care enough. I have no investment in this world or these characters save for Batwoman and Renee Montoya. So I'm just gonna skim to their story, ha.

Thanks for the support, folks. In this choice and in others that have come before it, heh.

Man, and that series was pretty much universally praised, too.

Man, and that series was pretty much universally praised, too.

Sure, but it's also pretty understandable that it can turn some people off. I enjoyed each of separate story lines that make it up but if some of them don't click with you I can see it quickly turning into a slog.

Messi

Started reading the 4 issues of Secret Wars Runaways that I had bought. Oh no.... This is not good, it is actively bad. Shit almost.

aa2FU2d.gif

I'm playing Witcher 3 again. Getting ready for Hearts of Stone this week. I'm buying three retail games this week, and I'm most excited about a $10 DLC.

XD

Owzers

I'm playing Witcher 3 again. Getting ready for Hearts of Stone this week. I'm buying three retail games this week, and I'm most excited about a $10 DLC.

XD

i'm only buying the dlc :p

i'll probably get Wasteland 2 ps4 eventually. still have mario maker and mgs sneak from gamefly.

XD

The DLC is only $10? I thought it would be more.

I will play my copy of that game eventually. I don't think I will start another big game this close to Fallout 4 though. Finishing Mad Max and Mordor is enough for now, plus it's not long (too long still) until until the Life is Strange finale.

That's a shame. 52 is my absolute favourite DC comics story. It introduced me to the greater DC universe that exists outside of Gotham.

it's actually 8.50 at the moment. And Fallout 4 would have to be >>> New Vegas for it to beat Witcher 3 for my goty. Which i find extremely unlikely tbh. God-tier stuff.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Guys I loved Ant Man #2 so much. Love how Lang is written, very low key and down to earth, very relatable. The bank hijinks with the nazi robot was cool, him getting his busuness going and hiring Grizzly was awesome, the little bit wuth Ironman in the billboard and Scott saying he wouldn't mind because heroes stick together and the next panel yiu see tony saying "sue" as he sees it in a video (lol), just a great feel good book (even if Cassie's new age still makes no sense). And next issue has Taskmaster woot!

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Almost missed your NYCC haul post, Zombine! Great stuff.

That Terry Moore Katchoo sketch! *swoon*
That guy is pure talent.

I was actually just remembering SiP this morning and I started desperately craving a re-read. Best ever.

Messi

Almost missed your NYCC haul post, Zombine! Great stuff.

That Terry Moore Katchoo sketch! *swoon*

I was actually just remembering SiP this morning and I started desperately craving a re-read. Best ever.
you ever gonna tell me what issue the first omnibus books ends on? I'm still waiting lol.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
you ever gonna tell me what issue the first omnibus books ends on? I'm still waiting lol.

Hahaha. Wait, are you really? I distinctly remember Zombine posting right after me and being like "Or you could just ask me and I could check right now."
Did he not check for you!? What an asshole!

i'm only buying the dlc :p

i'll probably get Wasteland 2 ps4 eventually. still have mario maker and mgs sneak from gamefly.

Holy shit, Wasteland is coming out this week too!? AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

I didn't even know there was a PS4 version coming out.

The DLC is only $10? I thought it would be more.

I will play my copy of that game eventually. I don't think I will start another big game this close to Fallout 4 though. Finishing Mad Max and Mordor is enough for now, plus it's not long (too long still) until until the Life is Strange finale.

Yeah, CD Projekt all about dat quality. They gave away a ton of DLC for free after launch.

Messi

Hahaha. Wait, are you really? I distinctly remember Zombine posting right after me and being like "Or you could just ask me and I could check right now."

I think you know the answer to that question.

Zombine

Banned

How many things have I ever followed through on that don't involve art? And I'm sure Messi can argue against the later but that is only due to circumstance and shitty planning.

Rhaknar

Nick Spencer wrote Superior Foes...no wonder I'm liking Ant Man so much. Is he still writting the ANAD one aswell?

PsychBat!

Banned
Started reading the 4 issues of Secret Wars Runaways that I had bought. Oh no.... This is not good, it is actively bad. Shit almost.

aa2FU2d.gif
I wanted to like it but holy crap there's a smile in the second issue that just made me close the book and never look back.

All this stuff is true! Though we decided not to move after all. And thank goodness because we broke up last year (all good, still friends).

I'm transgender, guys. One of the reasons I was sidetracked from my hobbying for a while was that I was coming to terms with that. Mystery solved.
It sounds like you feel comfortable now so that's cool to see!
Nick Spencer wrote Superior Foes...no wonder I'm liking Ant Man so much. Is he still writting the ANAD one aswell?

Yes he is

Also wanna buy some random stuff off of Comixology. What's the word on Dark Horse Presents? Can I just grab any issue or what?

Oh yes, harebrained, have your game be a buggy piece of shit that can crash at any time to this very day and give us no mid-combat saves. Because who cares about that when battles can take 20 minutes, yeah?
Holy shit, Wasteland is coming out this week too!? AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

I didn't even know there was a PS4 version coming out.

Ps4 version of Divinity OS later this month too. Might not be a good idea to grab it at release, what with it coming a week before fallout4 and all.

Messi

Yes he is

Also wanna buy some random stuff off of Comixology. What's the word on Dark Horse Presents? Can I just grab any issue or what?

I don't know about Darl Horse presents but I do think you would love Lady Killer.

Ps4 version of Divinity OS later this month too. Might not be a good idea to grab it at release, what with it coming a week before fallout4 and all.

Yeah, I'm passing on Wasteland 2 and Divinity for now. Tales of Zestiria will be my last October game. October truly is death month this year.

Cheers. Dark Horse Presents is great. they do tend to be serialized stories. Like you get a whole wack of stories some two parters, 4, 6, etc. Rarely stand alone*. But such quality overall.

* okay, maybe not "rarely." One or two stand alones per issue.

Messi

I wanted to like it too but just had a feeling it wasn't going to be good. I don't think I made it to the second issue. :(

Reeks of a series cut short with good reason. It didn't even make it 5 issues. It's 4 issues.
They leave the school in 2 issues, spend one outside of it and then go back to break everyone out. It's rushed and kind of pointless.
I feel like this was a trial for bringing back Runaways post Secret Wars and it failed miserably. It barely feels like Runaways and I wish Molly wasn't in this.

Top Bottom