• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Looks like I'll be sticking with destiny then.

I'd really recommend having a go at the beta at least. As sillymonkey said you can change the default view to third person, which is definitely the better option. I wouldn't even say it's a Battlefield clone. It inherits a few bits and pieces but it still feels like a 2015 version of Battlefront should feel. It's lack of kills streak rewards and endless attachments feels like a breath of fresh air.

I guess a lot of it depends on how much you like the source material as well though.

Also, the malfunctioning jet packs? So god damn good. I started laughing and cheering the first time I saw some dude fly through the air and hit a wall. There is crazy attention to detail with the game, and I genuinely can't wait for it to come out.

Yeah, it's so satisfying shooting someone as they're just about to fly off. The jet packs are so so much fun to use as well.

Zombine

Banned
Ben go back and read my post. Game is brilliant and I know you specifically will squeal like a little school girl and try to take like Jedi training classes for real or some shit.

"OMFG BEST GAME EVER IM AN ASIAN FEMALE STORMTROOPER"

PsychBat!

Banned
*activates flame shield

Guys, 13 issues in, I think Ms.Marvel is just...ok :/ It certainly is overrated in my opinion.

Its a cute book with great art (when its the regular artist) but thats about it. Its missing something that I cant put my finger on, it just hasnt clicked with me like other "lighter tone" books have.

Its annoying because I feel like I should like it more than I do
looks like you didn't even need the flame shield

ElNarez

Banned
I'd really recommend having a go at the beta at least. As sillymonkey said you can change the default view to third person, which is definitely the better option. I wouldn't even say it's a Battlefield clone. It inherits a few bits and pieces but it still feels like a 2015 version of Battlefront should feel. It's lack of kills streak rewards and endless attachments feels like a breath of fresh air.

I guess a lot of it depends on how much you like the source material as well though.

Yeah, it's so satisfying shooting someone as they're just about to fly off. The jet packs are so so much fun to use as well.

Yeah, that's kinda the thing: it's really going back to the simplicity of the first two Battlefront, which on one hand is a super safe way to go, but on the other, it's passing up a lot of the mechanical thought and refinement that's gone into multiplayer shooters in the past 10 years

Yeah, that's kinda the thing: it's really going back to the simplicity of the first two Battlefront, which on one hand is a super safe way to go, but on the other, it's passing up a lot of the mechanical thought and refinement that's gone into multiplayer shooters in the past 10 years

I can see why some people might be taken aback by that but it's more of a plus for me. I loved the originals, I mainly wanted more of that with a shinier coat of paint.

Zombine

Banned
it's passing up a lot of the mechanical thought and refinement that's gone into multiplayer shooters in the past 10 years

+Burn Cards
+Regenerating Health
+"class skills" like shields and jet packs
+character customization
+Level ups/unlocks
+Retains partner spawn like the old games
+40 players + wicked long FOV (specially on PC)
+search/destroy/control hybrid
+Women soldiers

It literally has everything that has changed in the past 10 years plus some new developments like female fighters (which is long overdue and should be commended. Other than Force Awakens and the female antagonist in Aftermath it's one of our first looks at this new, "for everyone" Star Wars)

I still get the feeling that everyone raging are people that are getting stomped on and can't figure out that if I soldier is running and they're a fair distance away from you you have to have a bit of lead on them or your shots are going to miss. Also, if you're shooting someone from a distance and get shot by a dude who is behind you that's really on the player and a lack of situational awareness. I can out flank multiple dudes pretty easily and ambush them because they get so focused on one dude or the point.

I don't have much more to say in regards to the game other than if you like really slick interfaces, amazing graphics, really fantastic gunplay, and all things Star Wars you'll dig the game.

Hagi

Battlefront talk? this is the most fun I've had with a multi-player shooter since COD4. Will buy when it comes out definitely. Also I've been playing it first person and I don't feel at a disadvantage whatsoever which a lot of people were worried about before the Beta.

Oh shit Uber and Angela are on sale today. Good start to my Monday.

Zombine

Banned
Battlefront talk? this is the most fun I've had with a multi-player shooter since COD4. Will buy when it comes out definitely. Also I've been playing it first person and I don't feel at a disadvantage whatsoever which a lot of people were worried about before the Beta.

Lol I play it in first person and I absolutely don't have anything even remotely resembling to a disadvantage. I don't get where that's coming from either.

Messi

Lacking nostalgia I can only judge battlefront on gameplay and on that end I don't find it particularly fun. Spawn killing deflates my hype completely.

It really is, and Erica Henderson is a really kind person.

NYCC horrible experience:

Some 40 year old creepy dude was harassing her at her booth to do multiple art cards for him
Of really obscure creepy shit. She had no idea what he was asking for and wouldn't leave.

I am not 40 and all I wanted was Quorra in different SEXY poses. I should have left. I am sorry.

Lacking nostalgia I can only judge battlefront on gameplay and on that end I don't find it particularly fun. Spawn killing deflates my hype completely.

I had it a few times with this arse sat in a turret behind the Rebels spawn point. But it is only a beta after all and I expect the spawn points will change. Apart from that in 30+ games I haven't experienced it.

Hagi

Lol I play it in first person and I absolutely don't have anything even remotely resembling to a disadvantage. I don't get where that's coming from either.

I don't know I think people thought the better field of view would help them but I don't feel restricted at all playing first person. I think it's balanced pretty well. I guess I'm lucky because I haven't run into any problems with spawn points. 9 times out of 10 I'm spawning on my partner though, unless they are dead that is. :x

I got Darth Vader once! It was the hypest shit until the round ended 10 seconds later lol

Zombine

Banned
I am not 40 and all I wanted was Quorra in different SEXY poses. I should have left. I am sorry.

No not that. I'm sure she would love it. This dude was asking her to draw the front man of this nobody band with weird in jokes written on them. It was clear he was planning on using them or turning them around for profit. He had requested 8+ cards and she was very clearly bugged out and he wouldn't leave.

Mindwipe

Here you go.Also, I've been wondering something. About what would you guys say the average size of a 22 page comic on comixology be? I'm always kind of shocked by how long it takes to download to my tablet and I'm worried that it uses way more data than I think. I have 75mb internet and it takes an average of 75 seconds to download a 22 page comic. But even saying that my speeds are 7 MB a second instead of 7.5, that would make the comic 525MB, and there's no WAY that could be correct, right? In fact, I know it can't be, since I only have a 16 GB tablet with 11 GB available space after the OS is done with it, I have tons of comics on it, and it's still not out of space. So why do downloads take so long? (weirdly, though, a 200 page graphic novel usually only takes about three or four minutes)

Internet download speeds are complicated, and normally the biggest factor is peer connections between the CDN delivering the traffic and your ISP. Good luck finding out the status of that.

A HD CMX comic is about 1.2MB a page.

Messi

Which one?

CMSSRAqWgAA71KT.jpg

Vanish

Is it just me or is Marvel Unlimited not working for anyone else? I can browse just fine but when it comes to actually reading a comic, I keep getting a error loading page message. Doesn't matter the browser

MG310

It really is, and Erica Henderson is a really kind person.

NYCC horrible experience:

Some 40 year old creepy dude was harassing her at her booth to do multiple art cards for him
Of really obscure creepy shit. She had no idea what he was asking for and wouldn't leave.

Gross. Didn't get a chance to stop at her table..will next time though.

"Pair of dudes staring at the Cosplay is Not Consent" boards and making shitty comments to each other was just as prevalent as it was last year I noticed.

Saw this on Twitter...didn't see her walking around but this is amazing.

Also Robbi Rodriguez got a visit from Jared Leto... Mark Ruffalo was also walking around in disguise.

Zombine

Banned
Gross. Didn't get a chance to stop at her table..will next time though.

"Pair of dudes staring at the Cosplay is Not Consent" boards and making shitty comments to each other was just as prevalent as it was last year I noticed.

Saw this on Twitter...didn't see her walking around but this is amazing.

I saw her! That was a really wicked sweet cosplay. I loved all of the costumes I saw across my 3 days. Got some really fun pictures and I think next year I'll do a better job and maybe start a NYCC cosplay page.

But yeah, I was not a big fan of the jerks there. Creepy dudes just need to bug off.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
no "Last Days of..." issues, no final New Avengers / Avengers, yeah Secret Wars isnt starting for like another month or something on MU. Sad Rhaknar is sad ;_;

Avixph

Cross-post from the Allast New, All Different Marvel OT:
Did anyone else read Contest of Champions #1? If so do y'all know when in the continuity it is taking place, since it has characters from the main universe such as the current version of Tony Stark and his armor?

List.

My BuyList via Comics Day App
BATMAN #45 $3.99
BATMAN AND ROBIN ETERNAL #2 $2.99
CONSTANTINE THE HELLBLAZER #5 $2.99
HARLEY QUINN #21 $3.99
JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #4 $3.99
JUSTICE LEAGUE UNITED #14 $3.99
STARFIRE #5 $2.99
SUPERMAN LOIS AND CLARK #1 $3.99
SEX CRIMINALS #13 (MR) $3.50

Batman and Robin Eternal 2
Harley Quinn 21
Starfire 5
Sex Criminals 13
New Avengers 1

Also eyeing Spider-Man 2099 but I wanna wait for impressions.

Not sure if I'm gonna get the Batman Year 100 HC yet either. I might end up ordering it online later in the month.

Top Bottom