• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Mindwipe

All NYCC has left me with is a huger backlog because of CMX sales.

I got a few more volumes behind on TWD, went for the first five volumes of Nu-52 Flash and Green Arrow, and a bunch of Image stuff.

I was beginning to think if I didn't buy anything for about six weeks I'd catch up. Now that's well past Christmas.

And that won't happen.

My list:

Batman #45
Captain America Sam Wilson #1
Chewbacca #1
Shattered Empire #3

Maybe New Avengers but I'll wait for impressions first. I haven't read any Falcon Cap but this seemed like a good place to start.

I have a cold and don't want to drop boogers on my comics, I could raise them above my head but then my arms would get tired. What do comigaf

Zombine

Banned
Cross-post from the Allast New, All Different Marvel OT:
Did anyone else read Contest of Champions #1? If so do y'all know when in the continuity it is taking place, since it has characters from the main universe such as the current version of Tony Stark and his armor?

Glad you brought this up! They talked about it at the Marvel Q&A panel, and Quesada mentioned that it is indeed canon and will play a role in ANAD. The art is really stellar and it's worth a read.

My monster list (dcbs)
(dammit ship it already)

Really excited to see these.. especially the Scarecrow statue.. I've realized he is one of my favorite villains.

Batman Black & White Statue Scarecrow By Danda
STK674205.jpg

Batman Black & White Statue Joker By Bermejo 2Nd Ed

Action Comics #45
Amazing Spider-Man #1
Archie #3
Batman & Robin Eternal #1
Batman Beyond #5 (dropped)
Chewbacca #1
Cyborg #3 (dropped)
Darth Vader #10
Jughead #1
Justice League #44
Ms. Marvel #19
Old Man Logan #5
Paper Girls #1
Powers #5 (dropped)
Secret Wars #6
Southern Bastards #11
Spider-Gwen #1
Star Wars #10
Star Wars Lando #5/5
Stray Bullets: Sunshine and Roses #8
Superman #44 (dropped)
Switch #1
TMNT #50
X-Men '92 #4

Y'all can keep your single issues lists. I'll post my collected edition list.

List:

Usagi Yojimbo Special Edition Boxset
Satellite Sam Deluxe HC
Lucifer TPB 2

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Paper Girls might be the best #1 I've read in a really long time. Great story, great art, great characters. I'm hooked, gimme more.

Totally agree. I'm hoping I Hate Fairyland is similarly as good. I've been looking forward to it for a while now.

EDIT: MY LIST!

HARLEY QUINN #21
STARFIRE #5

EAST OF WEST #21
I HATE FAIRYLAND #1
WICKED & DIVINE #15

A-FORCE #5
CIVIL WAR #5
MARVEL ZOMBIES #4

Avixph

Glad you brought this up! They talked about it at the Marvel Q&A panel, and Quesada mentioned that it is indeed canon and will play a role in ANAD. The art is really stellar and it's worth a read.
Did he mention in which way it will play a role in the All New, All Different Marvel? Also I hope that the art and story don't get a downgrade.

Messi

I'm just seeing the interest people are having in the ANAD Marvel thread and wonder if a thread for DC would work.

I don't see why not. Not for me much like the marvel thread but im sure some could use it.

Gotham Academy : Yearbook
While the world of DC Comics "Gotham Academy" may be indebted to past iterations of the Dark Knight, the future of the book will be featuring art talent that's brand new to the DC Universe.

At a panel at New York Comic Con, "Gotham Academy" co-writer Brenden Fletcher announced that the book's upcoming "Yearbook" series of issues will bring guests artists both experienced and brand new to the teen superhero world including "Lil' Gotham's" Dustin Nguyen, "Mouse Guard's" David Petersen and "A Wrinkle In Time" cartoonist Hope Larson.

"There's a lot more names to come," the writer promised for the stories that begin in January's issue #14. Kerschl noted that they're so early in the recruitment phase of things that he was told by Petersen of his interest before the artist had even responded to their editor. The "Yearbook" story will feature short solo tales about the supporting cast of "Gotham Academy." But before those issues and artists arrive, the series will tie in with "Robin War" in what Fletcher called "the fun issue" of the crossover with "Academy" #11. Then, issues #12 and 13 will wrap the dramatic mystery storylines surrounding Maps, Olive and the rest of the core cast.

But when the "Yearbook" arrives, the creators will pump the breaks on the doom and gloom of the series long-running first year plotline to embrace the teenage story side of the book's DNA in a big way.

I don't understand. Is kerschl taking time off? I don't like the sound of this. But I hope it helps Gotham Academy.

That's this week as well?!

Damn, going to be an expensive two weeks. (I finally found and ordered a copy of Madman Gargantua last week. -_-).
Yeah, it's coming out this week in comic stores at least.
I don't see why not. Not for me much like the marvel thread but im sure some could use it.

I don't understand. Is kerschl taking time off? I don't like the sound of this. But I hope it helps Gotham Academy.

I don't really get it either but it's nice to see the series still alive.

I'm just seeing the interest people are having in the ANAD Marvel thread and wonder if a thread for DC would work.

MCUGAF will eat your thread alive, probably, but I'd be interested in seeing it.

Dustin Nguyen, aw yeah.

Overall, the premise is interesting. One of Gotham Academy's strongest points (besides the wink-wink, nudge-nudge relationship it has with the regular Batstuff) is the supporting cast, so a series of light-hearted shorts focusing on them sounds right up my alley. Working with new talent is promising too.

Why is chewbac getting his own friggin comic lol

Because putting the words "Star" and "Wars" on the front of a comic book is a apparently a license to print money.

Hagi

Wow his Hellboy is great and Madman! never see a lot of Madman commissions.

Why is chewbac getting his own friggin comic lol

why not? it's just a mini series like Lando and lets face it he's a beloved character from the films. Plus Noto da gawd is doing the art and it looks amazing.

People love Chewie.

And it looks like that.

d7TBk.gif

can't wait

VanWinkle

No Batman Year 100 HC? For shame.

I'm thinking that I will get that. I haven't read Year 100 yet and I've been wanting to. Would be a good time to read it with the deluxe hardcover release.

Hmm I hope that's just a temporary thing. I really like those artists, but the art in Gotham Academy thus far is some of my favorite ever.

Messi

MCUGAF will eat your thread alive, probably, but I'd be interested in seeing it.

Dustin Nguyen, aw yeah.

Overall, the premise is interesting. One of Gotham Academy's strongest points (besides the wink-wink, nudge-nudge relationship it has with the regular Batstuff) is the supporting cast, so a series of light-hearted shorts focusing on them sounds right up my alley. Working with new talent is promising too.

Because putting the words "Star" and "Wars" on the front of a comic book is a apparently a license to print money.

Yeah but Karl Kerschl is a huge part of the appeal to me. The issues he isn't on don't feel as special to me.

Zombine

Banned
Did he mention in which way it will play a role in the All New, All Different Marvel? Also I hope that the art and story don't get a downgrade.

He did a "keep reading to find out" deal, but it is going to be a title worth reading. It'll also affect the game as well which is kinda cool. They all really seemed to dig it at the panel.

Ewing was really hyped up about it.

Hagi

Someone has to educate these newbies on DC. If you can understand Secret Wars you can understand New 52.

Everyone seems to think that ANAD is just Marvels version of New 52 so you may be right. At the very least you'll get more people reading Omega Men.

I got all hyped for ANAD this week, but lol I have lost a huge chunk of time going forward in my personal life. Unfortunately, that's the first thing that's getting cut out.

Sorry fam. You guys did win me over though. That's a feather in your cap, and I may have more time when the #1's start rolling out on MU.

Zombine

Banned
So this girl I met hates comics and nerd shit, so I'm doing my best to shove all of my shit under my bed when she comes over so she'll stay with me. When she leaves, I pull it all out and think about the good old days when I could do what I want without someone second guessing me.

:p it gets better. Wait till she finds out about your hobbies and you find out she takes long, awful smelling shits. That'll be the real test for the relationship.

:p it gets better. Wait till she finds out about your hobbies and you find out she takes long, awful smelling shits.

She actually digs comic [strips]. I was going to drop some Afterlife with Archie or Archie 2015 on her, because her dad used to read the original strips to her. We'll get there.

Wait, are you talking about the other hobbies?

As for awful smelling shits, we ripped that bandaid right off yesterday.

:p it gets better. Wait till she finds out about your hobbies and you find out she takes long, awful smelling shits. That'll be the real test for the relationship.

Jesus Christ, Zombeen. I'm trying to eat.

Hiding things you like is never the answer, though. This relationship is already doomed. Sorry Lunchpod.

Lunchbox living that Sunstone life.

lol we were looking through my shelf yesterday, and I was telling her about superheroes with stupid powers and otherwise eyebrow raising stuff they center comics around, and somehow Sunstone didn't come up.

We almost had a crisis when she said she didn't "get" Ant-Man though.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
lol we were looking through my shelf yesterday, and I was telling her about superheroes with stupid powers and otherwise eyebrow raising stuff they center comics around, and somehow Sunstone didn't come up.

We almost had a crisis when she said she didn't "get" Ant-Man though.

Show her the famous panel with Janet. No, not the one where he hits her. The one where he is small and does "stuff"

Top Bottom