• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Zombine

Banned
I can't help but feel I'm missing something lol.

But anyhow, I'll need to get a non real name gmail going....

You'll be ok brother. We all use our real name. Nobody has been kidnaped yet. It actually helps make it a bit more personal.

Ponn

Banned
You should probably pick up the Black Science deluxe hardcover from Image when it comes out in November, and probably East of West vol 1 HC that's out now.

Haha, i already have the Black Science HC preordered and East of West is in my to nuy list when i read 4 horsemen and apocalypse.

Boogiepop

Awesome, thanks!

Also... freaking damnit, Amazon! I actually haven't had any issues with them in the past, but... I ordered the Usagi Yojimbo special edition set earlier than IST and for a price that should be at least equivalent, so I went ahead and ordered that, and tagged on BPRD Vampire since it was out of stock on IST (along with a box of Pokemon cards which came with a little figure, which mostly matters here just to say that it made for a pretty big box). As expected, the Usagi Yojimbo was perfectly fine because, you know, it's a solid brick. But they put the damn BPRD in there COMPLETELY LOOSE! Like, not even the whole shrinkwrapped to cardboard thing they do, just loose. And it looks about as one would expect, aka like a damn poor condition used book with a corner severely jacked up and the rest of it pretty dinged to hell.

So, I guess I now get the fun of having to complain to them on Live chat I guess and get this sorted out.

Edit: The hell? Did they hide their "contact us/customer support" stuff? Since they're "help" is just a crappy little "guide" rather than any way to contact them, and it certainly isn't obvious on the site....

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
...Do I have to have a Google Plus account to join in on this? This is a dealbreaker.

Zombine

Banned
google plus is free, brother. but there is a 10 dollar activation fee. you can send it to my paypal and ill activate it for you!

1375735945_black-guy-laughing-on-boat-gif.gif

Boogiepop

Awesome, thanks!

Also... freaking damnit, Amazon! I actually haven't had any issues with them in the past, but... I ordered the Usagi Yojimbo special edition set earlier than IST and for a price that should be at least equivalent, so I went ahead and ordered that, and tagged on BPRD Vampire since it was out of stock on IST (along with a box of Pokemon cards which came with a little figure, which mostly matters here just to say that it made for a pretty big box). As expected, the Usagi Yojimbo was perfectly fine because, you know, it's a solid brick. But they put the damn BPRD in there COMPLETELY LOOSE! Like, not even the whole shrinkwrapped to cardboard thing they do, just loose. And it looks about as one would expect, aka like a damn poor condition used book with a corner severely jacked up and the rest of it pretty dinged to hell.

So, I guess I now get the fun of having to complain to them on Live chat I guess and get this sorted out.

Edit: The hell? Did they hide their "contact us/customer support" stuff? Since they're "help" is just a crappy little "guide" rather than any way to contact them, and it certainly isn't obvious on the site....

Well okay then. Got awesome customer service in response to this actually, and I should be getting a replacement for the whole order arriving tomorrow. And since the Usagi Yojimbo Special Edition Box Set thing was actually in acceptable condition, I'll actually probably end up with an extra I think. So assuming I'm thinking correctly here, anyone interested in working out a deal so I'll have something to do with that, like maybe I could sell it for a fair price and maybe undersell the going rate a bit? I honestly don't know, never really been in this situation before.

Tales to Astonish 92 & 93 were great simply due to how much I'm enjoying the Hulk's fleeting appearances in the Marvel Reading order right now. Banner has been outed as the Hulk (which is great but a little confusing since he just saved New York), and has been in hiding for months. He turns into the Hulk after a failed Gamma Ray burst in attempt to cure himself, and during his rage he has this wonderful moment where he looks up to the stars...

CRIzAJYWEAA2tU1.jpg:large

... and then ends up fighting the Silver Surfer (who he thinks can take him away from Earth and the angry Humans). I'm really enjoying The Hulk, and I'm somewhat confused why we've never seen this side of him in the movies. It's simple and yet 'deeper' than the crap we've seen over the last decade.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Because we don't have a solid opposition. Quick, somebody call Zombeen a traitorous scumbag for daring to taint the pure Forum Comic Gaf race with his newfangled Hangoutness.

I have not read Schism.
Doesnt matter, just make something funny involving Messi and Launchpad

Well okay then. Got awesome customer service in response to this actually, and I should be getting a replacement for the whole order arriving tomorrow. And since the Usagi Yojimbo Special Edition Box Set thing was actually in acceptable condition, I'll actually probably end up with an extra I think. So assuming I'm thinking correctly here, anyone interested in working out a deal so I'll have something to do with that, like maybe I could sell it for a fair price and maybe undersell the going rate a bit? I honestly don't know, never really been in this situation before.
oh i might be interested

i also have some trades and collections i need to sell or trade since i have extras

i got extraneous library editions 1-3 of hellboy if anybody is interested

Zubz

Banned
Huh. I'm really busy these next couple of weeks, but a Google+ Group sounds pretty cool, honestly. I might have to tag in at some point.

As a side-note, I really wanted to get my hands on the new Marvel Hip-Hop Variants, but my local shop closed down a couple months ago... I guess I'll have to find a new one, because I need a few of those.

Aight.

ComicGAF Schism #1
Writer: Some Valiant guy, idk which one, pick a name at random
Pencils: Rob Liefeld
Experience the event that can change everything! As Lunchpod's Valiant obsession drives him to the edge can Messi hold the team together? Or will Zombeen's newfangled H.A.N.G.O.U.T operation tear them apart? Meanwhile, Korupt and GrandHarrier's DC forces assemble for their most devastating assault on ComicGAF kind ever! The world will never be the same, for at least 6 months, unless we get delayed in which case, fuckit, next event starting as soon as this one's over!

This would be easier if I'd read Schism.

Hagi

Aight.

ComicGAF Schism #1
Writer: Some Valiant guy, idk which one, pick a name at random
Pencils: Rob Liefeld
Experience the event that can change everything! As Lunchpod's Valiant obsession drives him to the edge can Messi hold the team together? Or will Zombeen's newfangled H.A.N.G.O.U.T operation tear them apart? Meanwhile, Korupt and GrandHarrier's DC forces assemble for their most devastating assault on ComicGAF kind ever! The world will never be the same, for at least 6 months, unless we get delayed in which case, fuckit, next event starting as soon as this one's over!

This would be easier if I'd read Schism.

Close enough, Schism is just people angry the event.

Boogiepop

oh i might be interested

i also have some trades and collections i need to sell or trade since i have extras

i got extraneous library editions 1-3 of hellboy if anybody is interested

Cool, I'd have to wait till I'm sure I indeed do have two of them in good enough condition to sell first, but that should probably happen tomorrow. But yeah, if you're interested than I guess PM me and we can work out details.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
When you would have to recommend three essential Dr. Strange books that are aviable via Comixology or Physical... Which would you take?

Zombine

Banned
Ok guys I figured out the chat. I have added everyone who sent me a request. Please keep sending them to anyone who you think may want to join or pm me and I'll add :)

Messi

Well to be fair, I do think valiant is shit and I look down on lunchbox because he likes it.

Paychbat it won't be empty the chat has been going on for ages and we still post here.

Top Bottom