• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Having just finished returns, it was the same for me. Decided to go ahead and give dragonfall a coupla hours anyway, since it was already downloaded.

Then realized that i really should've followed the general advice of skipping returns completely and heading straight for the sequel.

City hub, team, contracts. Is what the first should've been.

So I read Death of the Family over the weekend and what does Snyder have against horses? There was 2-3 issues there that just had horses getting got. Poor guys. Otherwise, it was pretty good. Not amazing. Hoping Zero Year sticks with me a bit more, since I've heard a lot of good things about it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm so confused over how this could happen.

/shrug? I loved Returns when it came out, and I played Dragonfall recently (actually didnt finish it, stopped at around 20 hours) and it had the same mechanics, just a different story. Byt I liked Returns story, so, again... /shrug?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I feel so bad for saying that I dont like this book.
Holy shit, the moment it was revealed that it was
Earth 616

Dudes, honestly. So good.

So I read Death of the Family over the weekend and what does Snyder have against horses? There was 2-3 issues there that just had horses getting got. Poor guys. Otherwise, it was pretty good. Not amazing. Hoping Zero Year sticks with me a bit more, since I've heard a lot of good things about it.
He got kicked by a horse when he was a kid.

4a5e6bb06edebc173c44aa84d0474546.jpg

tumblr_mhm029LhT81rbgiauo1_400.gif

9hmQGEb.gif

I forgot they made a animated series. Was it any good?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Im not ready for Fallout 4 to not be good

the lack of videos / information worries me, or we are so used to this information overload age than when it doesnt happen its strange

edit: this is not the right thread at all. oh well fuck it

Im not ready for Fallout 4 to not be good

the lack of videos / information worries me, or we are so used to this information overload age than when it doesnt happen its strange

edit: this is not the right thread at all. oh well fuck it

It has romances. It can't not be good.

I hope one day the IDW TMNT gets adapted into something more mainstream. It deserves it.

The more recent one? Because the older series got adapted into the 2003 animated series. Very closely (though not 1-for-1) I might add. It's actually a good series, though the action sequences could have used better animation. Too bad 4kids was super cheap.

Owzers

Last Man on Earth just gets too cringey at times, the end of episode 3 season 2....argh why. edit: Okay i just saw the preview for episode 4, worth it.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I always seem to forget how incredible Morrison's Batman is.

Also, it'd been too long since I read some good old-fashioned superhero comics.

Tizoc

Tizoc, what are you buying tomorrow? Talos Principle, DQ Heroes and Witcher 3: Heart of Stone for me. oh, and Legend of Legacy for 3DS.

Talos Principle and DQ Heroes for PS4
I have an EU 3DS and need to make a list of 2015 3DS games I missed out on~
I also have this arriving next week...if I'm lucky =_=
image129-585x300.jpg

Plus Tales of Zestiria releases next week as well. Meaning I should finish up Samurai Warriors 4-2 as quickly as possible :V

The more recent one? Because the older series got adapted into the 2003 animated series. Very closely (though not 1-for-1) I might add. It's actually a good series, though the action sequences could have used better animation. Too bad 4kids was super cheap.
I used to watch that all the time. Grew up on nu-turtles.

arkon

Diesel #1

Love the art-style. You can see the anime/manga influences. Loose and expressive in equal measure, there's a real motion and energy to it. First issue is heavy on character work and light on worldbuilding. The protagonist also seems straight out of a shounen jump series. Shame it's only a 4-issue miniseries, because it feels like the opening to a grand, sweeping adventure story. Maybe the creator has other ideas in mind. Oh well, I'm in for the rest of it.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Read Earth 2.

It's a goddamned superhero comic.

Do you mean JLA: Earth 2?

Daredevil may be closer to what Kipp is looking for. That and Multiversity.

Sorry, I just realized how easily misinterpreted my post is. I said "it'd" rather than "it's," AKA Morrison's Batman is so great to read because I hadn't read a superhero comic in a long time and that's filling that void. I'm not looking for a superhero comic to read.

Thanks for the suggestions anyways though! :p

With that said though, I absolutely love Waid's Daredevil and I'm definitely planning to pick up Multiversity when the hardcover comes out. And I picked up Earth 2 from the library once but for some reason I didn't actually read it.

Mike Murdock... Wtf was that all about. Daredevil is so bad and Marvel Chronological Reading Order has decided that it was time for five in a row. My eyes now hurt. However I'm nearly 650 issues into the MCRO so hey things are progressing! It's a shame that 32 issues of that we're Daredevil titles!

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Anyone else listen to Phil Collins - In The Air Tonight to psyche themselves up before they have to do shit?

Don't say I'm the only one

Messi

I meant to post that I bought some books today:

Bitch Planet Vol 1
Injection Vol 1
Lumberjanes Vol 2
Loki Agent of Asgard Vol 3
The Death Defying Dr Mirage Vol 1

Top Bottom