• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Owzers

the black acrylic marker i picked up to touch up my steelbook was both not the right shade of black AND permanent and not acrylic. Sooooooooooooooo into the fire it goes.

The only rational thing to do is try to paint over the marker.

Been reading other stuff and decided to continue on with Hellboy.

Four issues into Darkness Calls and it is just incredible. Hellboy is on just another level from everything else.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
oh i might be interested

i also have some trades and collections i need to sell or trade since i have extras

i got extraneous library editions 1-3 of hellboy if anybody is interested

I'd love to buy Hellboy Library Edition vol 3 off you if you're up for it.

I am talking about Neil Gaimanns book, I havent read any of the other yet

I'll have to kind of agree with you there. While I wouldn't say it was awful, the actual story was a bit of a chore and didn't really match up to the characters designs that looked fairly interesting.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Oh, okay. Well I can give you a pass on that one. You should check out the new book, though. The writing is much more consistent with the theme.
Already preordered :D

I'll have to kind of agree with you there. While I wouldn't say it was awful, the actual story was a bit of a chore and didn't really match up to the characters designs that looked fairly interesting.
Man, the design is wonderful. I went nuts when I finally recognized
Captain America and Magneto
:D
Maybe the problem is that I am stupid from the flu, but its really hard to read

PsychBat!

Banned
Infinity Gauntlet is clearly the best tie-in.
xBlYmo1.jpg

Owzers

the black acrylic marker i picked up to touch up my steelbook was both not the right shade of black AND permanent and not acrylic. Sooooooooooooooo into the fire it goes.

The only rational thing to do is try to paint over the marker.

wow that worked, i think that worked :O how is this a thing that worked?

I'm at the airport with a tablet full of comics, and instead I'm in here posting about how I'm not reading them. I think I've reached my final form.

I'd love to buy Hellboy Library Edition vol 3 off you if you're up for it.
damn sorry kippster i got another request for vol 3 immediately after posting that haha

vol 3 is in high demand! i do have quite a few others ill post up later today you might be interested in.

Hagi

I read the first volume of Outcast because of the image sale and it was alright. Not sure if it's something I want to keep reading. The art was nice but the story didn't really grab me.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I think today is probably a good day to finally start reading my Morrison Batman Absolute Editions.

damn sorry kippster i got another request for vol 3 immediately after posting that haha

vol 3 is in high demand! i do have quite a few others ill post up later today you might be interested in.

No worries! I haven't even finished volume 2 yet, so it's all good.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Fuck, they even have a
fucking Helicarrier
in 1602

Ok, wtf, this all is Earth
?!? Wtf?

What the holy fuck guys.

Today I finally read the copy of Scarlet Couture #1 that's been sitting in my backlog, and I can confidently say that Des Taylor is the kind of writer that shouldn't.

Also, was NYCC a huge bust for announcements? Nothing caught my eye.

Boogiepop

Oh, so I got caught up in being angry with Amazon and then happy yet confused with their customer service, but I actually did read some stuff! I finished the first Kabuki library edition, which was a pretty crazy read. The first "half" (which was really most of the book) was a kind of crazy build where I was like "oh man this may not actually be for me" at the start to actually really liking it at the end. Had some great stuff going for it, but also some definite roughness in places. And then the "Dreams" thing just goes and is this insane artsy thing which honestly wasn't a huge bit of plot but was just a crazy, beautiful thing to look at (a good bit of that was present in the first part which did some cool things as well, but the color and the insanity of it all elevates it to a whole other level). I'll definitely be interested to see where it goes.

And then I read the first "book" in BPRD Plague of Frogs volume 2 and... yeah, I still very much like the whole Mignolaverse from what I've experienced so far.

Been reading too.

Almost done with the fifth Hellboy Library Edition which I started today and I read Batgirl: Destruction's Daughter, Batgirl 53, and Paper Girls over the past few days. Also started Heavy Liquid last night.

Gotta catch up on my singles but it's something at least.

Top Bottom