• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Boogiepop

I'll stop when Daredevil stops, but it's so bad right now.

I realize this is a result of being a whole different era and the title not really getting its act together until Miller, but it is funny to see considering how many great runs the guy has nowadays.

What are you using for this anyway, btw? Anyone know how MU is with the early years? I know there's definitely weird gaps in the service, but I have no idea how the early stuff is. It would have to be waaaay down the line when I have far much less stuff to read/do, but this honestly does sound like something I could see myself doing someday...

Sou Da

The more recent one? Because the older series got adapted into the 2003 animated series. Very closely (though not 1-for-1) I might add. It's actually a good series, though the action sequences could have used better animation. Too bad 4kids was super cheap.

The newer one. It does so many new things that make sense and it's the be all end all of TMNT for me. They did say in the recent panel that it could get a direct to dvd series if "that gets enough demand"

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
early Daredevil is not very good so I wouldn't say he's wrong at all

he's talking talking about Waids run

I know he is. So not only is he wrong, but he's ugly and his mask is stupid!

Welp. Tried to get a multi game for ten minutes, no dice (pun intended). Tried single player and was bored.

Maybe come sale time, Star Wars Battlefront.

Ok so trades and collections Im looking to sell

Hellboy Library Edition vols 1 and 2
Flex Mentallo tpb
The Divine tpb (not wicked+divine)
Sex Crims vol 2 tpb
Legend of Luthor Strode vol 2 tpb
2 x Black Science vol 2 tpb
Blacksad: A Silent Hell HC
The Collector HC
Saga vol 4 tpb
The Borgias HC
Bloodspell tpb

inquire for pricing. each of them are in pristine condition.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
haha each to their own I found Daredevil to be nothing but a chore to read when I went back to the start after finishing Brubakers run a few years ago.

DD10_6.jpg

daredevil25_redone.jpg

2 of my favorite moments ever in a comic book

Messi

Ok so trades and collections Im looking to sell

Hellboy Library Edition vols 1 and 2
Flex Mentallo tpb
The Divine tpb (not wicked+divine)
Sex Crims vol 2 tpb
Legend of Luthor Strode vol 2 tpb
2 x Black Science vol 2 tpb
Blacksad: A Silent Hell HC
The Collector HC
Saga vol 4 tpb
The Borgias HC
Bloodspell tpb

inquire for pricing. each of them are in pristine condition.

Do they come presniffed?

Rhaknar

I thought Hagi was talking about Waid's run my bad

Real talk: the quest where the doctor guy sends you to visit his old lab is right up there with the most pleasing random sidequest surprises in Fallout 2.

Liking this game so much.

Rhaknar, why worry about F4? It'll most likely continue bethesda's usual trend of consolidating mechanics, improving graphics marginally, and presenting a terrible story.
Also would bet good money that the crafting will be all sorts of broken.

Rhaknar

Rhaknar, why worry about F4? It'll most likely continue bethesda's usual trend of consolidating mechanics, improving graphics marginally, and presenting a terrible story.
Also would bet good money that the crafting will be all sorts of broken.

Shitting on stuff you know people like isnt nearly as cute as you think it is

Yes! It blends so well with Mignola's own style, that at some point I stopped being aware it wasn't Mignola drawing it.

I know, it's pretty nuts. I think Mignola still did a lot of the compositions for him.

Just finished The Storm and The Fury and that was just incredible. Now I'm at a loss of what my favorite comic is-- this (and BPRD) or Doom Patrol. Darkness Calls to the end of The Fury was just an amazing story.

Shitting on stuff you know people like isnt nearly as cute as you think it is

Well, good thing i never thought that, then.

I tire of awful Bethesda story campaigns, probably just going to rent Fallout 4.

Hrm. For some reason they do a far better job with dlc writing. Never quite understood how they managed that. Goes all the way back to morrowind, what with bloodmoon and tribunal being far more interesting, then again with shivering isles. Would guess that they just like to play it safe with the main title, then are willing to gamble a bit after the meat and potatoes are secured.

VanWinkle

Really loving this art in the Batman Eternal issue I'm at right now. Done by Javier Garron. Haven't heard of him, but I'm impressed.

567rszscreenshot2015101.png

Messi

Re-read Secret Wars :Hank Johnson agent of HYDRA one shot. Really funny one shot about the life of a hydra agent and what his regular life is like. Not many people here read it.

Paper Girls #1 Good start, Cliff Chiang art is on point as usual. I'm interested. Not sure I would read what the deciphered language is saying that someone posted here. Feels like it might spoil the fun.

I know, it's pretty nuts. I think Mignola still did a lot of the compositions for him.

Just finished The Storm and The Fury and that was just incredible. Now I'm at a loss of what my favorite comic is-- this (and BPRD) or Doom Patrol. Darkness Calls to the end of The Fury was just an amazing story.

Similarly, I'm reading through BPRD at the moment, I'm at the beginning of Hell on Earth right where Guy Davis left the book, and I have a hard time with the change of artist. Guy Davis was to BPRD what Mignola is to Hellboy, he pretty much defined the style. Hope I'll get used to it. :)

Bii

http://i.imgur.com/28sJcm4.jpg

i call it the reverse frank cho

inktober piece for the day.

Should have had him mid-twerk.

I'm so sick of Olive Garden. I was so excited to eat jello at a kid's party yesterday. Jello! I still have six more weeks of this OG thang. :/

Vertigo sell on CMX. Transmetropolitan, Scalped, Preacher, etc. That's the good news but only seems to be only certain volumes which is the bad news.

And nvm, all on sale now. Must have seen it why it was updating.

Similarly, I'm reading through BPRD at the moment, I'm at the beginning of Hell on Earth right where Guy Davis left the book, and I have a hard time with the change of artist. Guy Davis was to BPRD what Mignola is to Hellboy, he pretty much defined the style. Hope I'll get used to it. :)

I'm not that far in quite yet. I still have to read through the last volume of BPRD Plague of Frogs before I get to Hell on Earth. I have the 1946-1948 HC and I plan on reading that once I read through Hellboy: The Bride of Hell.

Guy Davis's art is great too. Love his work on BPRD so far. I'm really excited to get to Hell on Earth and Hellboy in Hell.

Vertigo sell on CMX. Transmetropolitan, Scalped, Preacher, etc. That's the good news but only seems to be only certain volumes which is the bad news.

And nvm, all on sale now. Must have seen it why it was updating.
Yea they were putting it up to early. Some damn good deals there.

My hunch was right!

Owzers

1) I read Squirrelling #2, still fun, and All New X-Men 31ish where Jean goes to Ultimates World, eh, kinda okay.

2) Future comic superstar writer of Black Panther was on the daily show just now

3) i forgot what the third was and this isn't a rick perry joke, i just forgot as i was typing and i think it was important and the reason for this post.

edit: I remembered! I was reading MU books the Birdie way ( landscape fit to width) and it does seem like it's going to be terrible on the ipad pro with that resolution. That seems less important now but i guess it's relative to my average post quality, probably similar.

Rhaknar

Yea they were putting it up to early. Some damn good deals there.

My hunch was right!

It only shows 6 volumes of Preacher, but I own 9 paperbacks. I guess those volumes have more books?

Top Bottom