• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

MG310

28sJcm4.jpg

i call it the reverse frank cho

inktober piece for the day.

Nice!

Don't forget the dickgrayson and nightwing tags on tumblr...they'll be going crazy over that.

Okay, time to turn on MGS5 for the first time in a week..see if my Mother Base has been burned to the ground.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
One of the dudes from the comicvine podcast is always raving about Y the Last Man. I didn't even know it was a Vertigo book

Guy Davis's art is great too. Love his work on BPRD so far. I'm really excited to get to Hell on Earth and Hellboy in Hell.

Hell of Earth is great so far, I'm impressed about how they are not afraid to change the status quo and drive the whole world forward, without any possibility of going back.

It only shows 6 volumes of Preacher, but I own 9 paperbacks. I guess those volumes have more books?

I already own the singles but I was poking around and it and it looks like they collected more in some of the early volumes.

Bought the first 2 Transmetropolitan volumes. Gonna start them tonight and if I like it I'm going to buy the rest Thursday when I get payed.
It's a great series. Spider is like Ellis's ID doing what he'd want to do.

So I got 100 bullets for $65. Not bad at all. I look forward to reading it again. The last 50 issues was very hard to understand reading it monthly.

But the real highlight for me was The losers getting in the sale! What a wonderful and under rated action comic. Diggle and Jock do some fun stuff. And you get all 32 issues for $10. Not bad at all!

VanWinkle

Just bought these on IST. Excited.

haethsdfsdfh.png

Will read Zero City first so that I can read Endgame which I already bought a couple of weeks ago.

Really excited to finally try Gotham Central. Was going to get all four volumes and Li'l Gotham (to cover $50 for free shipping), but I figured it would be best if I try the first volume before I commit, just to be safe.

Already feeling like I maybe shouldn't have bought Infinite Crisis because I've heard mixed things, but it was pretty cheap so I guess I can't get too upset, lol.

Owzers

i'm hesitant to drop $50 on transmet or any digital series if it's drm locked and stored in CMX's chambers.

also, you know there will be a Transmet omnibus coming at some point....

Messi....you are going to like this Olivia Wilde late show episode. Avatar potential is high.

I'll have to check out this Vertigo sale. I read the first (seemingly long ass) issue of transmet and did not feel it. Like, I can tell its good, I just don't give a crap.

Now I have to decide whether to get Scalped or not. I read the first volume and know I'll want it all. But do I go cheap on CMX or get the hardcovers?

Hell of Earth is great so far, I'm impressed about how they are not afraid to change the status quo and drive the whole world forward, without any possibility of going back.

That's one of the things I really like about the universe

I could probably drop everything I'm reading right now just for the Mignolaverse stuff if I'm being honest. I certainly enjoy it more than most of the titles I follow monthly.

besada

Banned
The new book, Survivor's Club, written by Lauren Beukes was great. Genuinely creepy, nice art, and intriguing beginning. I'm looking forward to more.

I realize this is a result of being a whole different era and the title not really getting its act together until Miller, but it is funny to see considering how many great runs the guy has nowadays.

What are you using for this anyway, btw? Anyone know how MU is with the early years? I know there's definitely weird gaps in the service, but I have no idea how the early stuff is. It would have to be waaaay down the line when I have far much less stuff to read/do, but this honestly does sound like something I could see myself doing someday...

I've been following http://cmro.travis-starnes.com/ and using Marvel Unlimited. So far there have been no real gaps in the service, which I found really surprising!

The new book, Survivor's Club, written by Lauren Beukes was great. Genuinely creepy, nice art, and intriguing beginning. I'm looking forward to more.

Is Survivor's Club a miniseries or on-going? I've been looking forward to it, but did not realise the first issue had already been released. Do Vertigo books see the same drop in price every two months that the DCU books do?

Is FBP a solid buy? I see Comixology has the first two collections on sale.

Is FBP a solid buy? I see Comixology has the first two collections on sale.

Yes... and maybe :(
The first arc was fucking amazing... the middle was great... then Robbi Rodriguez left and it was coasting by kinda....

But yeah the first arc is one of my favorite arcs ever.. the first full arc/series I read when I got back into comics.

At least get the first collection if youre interested in it

Bought the first 2 Transmetropolitan volumes. Gonna start them tonight and if I like it I'm going to buy the rest Thursday when I get payed.

I liked the first Transmetropolitan tpb,, it was fun and raunchy

28sJcm4.jpg

i call it the reverse frank cho

inktober piece for the day.

Haha Awesome

Yes... and maybe :(
The first arc was fucking amazing... the middle was great... then Robbi Rodriguez left and it was coasting by kinda....

But yeah the first arc is one of my favorite arcs ever.. the first full arc/series I read when I got back into comics.

At least get the first collection if youre interested in it

I'll definitely buy the first collection, maybe even the second too. I want to also buy the first five American Vampire collections, so I'll see what works for my budget first.

haethsdfsdfh.png

Will read Zero City first so that I can read Endgame which I already bought a couple of weeks ago.

Really excited to finally try Gotham Central. Was going to get all four volumes and Li'l Gotham (to cover $50 for free shipping), but I figured it would be best if I try the first volume before I commit, just to be safe.

Already feeling like I maybe shouldn't have bought Infinite Crisis because I've heard mixed things, but it was pretty cheap so I guess I can't get too upset, lol.

You're going to regret not picking up all of Gotham Central at once. The wait for vol. 2 will be excruciating. It's just that good.

And WTF on passing on Lil' Gotham. Have you learned nothing here?

Messi

i'm hesitant to drop $50 on transmet or any digital series if it's drm locked and stored in CMX's chambers.

Messi....you are going to like this Olivia Wilde late show episode. Avatar potential is high.

Can't wait to watch it.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Finally another cheap copy of the Red Son Deluxe Edition on the Amazon Marketplace.
Curious if it will arrive this time or if it will be "lost" on the airport again.

Foofaraw

You messed up not getting all of Gotham Central at once. Easily some of the most enjoyable books I've ever read.

Any reason you're worried about cmx? What does are drm free?
You messed up not getting all of Gotham Central at once. Easily some of the most enjoyable books I've ever read.
Sweet, now I know not to buy it.

Top Bottom