• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Owzers

Any reason you're worried about cmx? What does are drm free?

Sweet, now I know not to buy it.

I don't trust any service really, maybe steam the most. I see places fold up like the smaller digital game services or publishers pulling games from the ios app store not letting you download it even if you had it before and it makes me hesitant to drop lots of money on collections. I still prefer to buy small runs/minis during sales.

Owzers

O______O Previews Shipping Updates still doesn't have Batwoman info despite Catwoman getting moved up a week. UP! A WEEK!

VanWinkle

I probably should have just got all four Gotham Central volumes, but I really wanted to read Zero Year. :-( I needed to stick as close as humanly possible to my $50 budget.

Please everyone consider picking up Death Vigil Vol 1 this week. It is amazing and heartfelt. Top quality comics.

I read the 24 page preview for the first issue of this. Sejic definitely has his own style. Looks good. Might pick it up.

I probably should have just got all four Gotham Central volumes, but I really wanted to read Zero Year. :-( I needed to stick as close as humanly possible to my $50 budget.

No worries, friend. It's important to prioritize and watch the spending. It can easily spiral out of control with comics. A few bucks here, a few bucks there and it all adds up. Enjoy what you chose. You'll get to the rest of Gotham Central when you get it.

Please everyone consider picking up Death Vigil Vol 1 this week. It is amazing and heartfelt. Top quality comics.

Vol 1,so it's not over yet? I thought it was gonna be 6 or 8 issues and that's it,at least I think that's the way it was listed a couple of months ago when I checked.

Also hi! :p
I was searching for comics community,but it was hard to find since you've changed it from Games! OT where one would normally find it.

Also also uh...
-Harley is alright I guess,only read first vol
-Not a huge fan of either Quitely or the other dude whose name I'm currently blanking on (was it Pulido?)
-Haven't touched any Valiant yet
-Pancakes,but we make it a bit differently where I'm from,its way more thinner and we or at least I dont eat it with syrup
-I'm from europe,but Trump 2016! i guess?
-oh and I've also read sunstone ,yes

No worries, friend. It's important to prioritize and watch the spending. It can easily spiral out of control with comics. A few bucks here, a few bucks there and it all adds up. Enjoy what you chose. You'll get to the rest of Gotham Central when you get it.
yeah, exactly. no matter how much money you spend you wont be able to buy all the great conics that are out there.

you shouldnt feel pressured to spend more than what you think is right for you. no matter what, youre gonna get to read some great comics. even if your budget is zero webcomics have you covered.

I read the 24 page preview for the first issue of this. Sejic definitely has his own style. Looks good. Might pick it up.

Yeah, I've blown through a good amount recently and there's still tons that I want.

yeah, exactly. no matter how much money you spend you wont be able to buy all the great conics that are out there.

you shouldnt feel pressured to spend more than what you think is right for you. no matter what, youre gonna get to read some great comics. even if your budget is zero webcomics have you covered.

Is this a challenge? It's a challenge, isn't it? Well, I'll show you!

But really, you're right. You have to be careful about budgeting spending. It's too easy to let it get out of control.

Vol 1,so it's not over yet? I thought it was gonna be 6 or 8 issues and that's it,at least I think that's the way it was listed a couple of months ago when I checked.

I was searching for comics community,but it was hard to find since you've changed it from Games! OT where one would normally find it.

Also also uh...
-Not a huge fan of either Quitely or the other dude whose name I'm currently blanking on (was it Pulido?)
-Pancakes,but we make it a bit differently where I'm from,its way more thinner and we or at least I dont eat it with syrup

Welcome! That answers all the usual questions.

Also,
euuYjaa.png

Nope,but I've heard its good,I've got lots of classics missing still.I only started reading comics like 2 (?) years ago.I think I saw an IGN article regarding Saga,that it was apparently banned for depicting gay sex on apple store.Checked out what the actual comic is about and saw the 10/10 reviews there. Started looking into comics,indie ones mainly to see what else is good or what else Brian K Vaughn has written,friend of mine had whole Y series so I read that in like 3 days.

From dc and marvel,I tried to look into more obscure characters I've heard about and was interested in,like Batwoman (fuck didio by the way),Batgirl,Captain Marvel (Danvers),Wonder Woman etc.

After a while I found this community as a lurker and went by those recommendations you guys made to newcomers or those book readings. Read Preacher,the first volume of SiP,Gotham Central which was amazing and would've been such a cool base for the show instead of detective 12 yr old Bruce and emo penguin.

I'm still mostly an Image dude though,Deadly Class,Saga,Southern Bastards,Sex Crims,Wicked and the Divine,I really liked the new Paper Girls as well.
Edit: Actually I've got a couple more ongoings now that I think about it but eh,you get the general idea.

zeeaykay

It's my brother's 22nd birthday and I'll be sending him some comics from Amazon.

He loved: Locke & Key, Blankets, Planetary, QU33R The Sculptor, Sex Crims, Deadly Class...

Thinking about getting him: Sunstone 1-3, Fun Home, and something else. Maybe a humor book like Hark, A Vagrant for variety's sake. Also eying up Arival. I read lots of image books and lend then to him so I'm trying to stay away from that for now as well.

He likes the intellectual or literary stuff, but also well done sci fi and pulp. Happens to be gay so he might be more receptive to something showing that lifestyle. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated!

Boogiepop

(Sorry for being more public, but I haven't gotten a response to the second PM yet...)

Are you definitely out on the Usagi Yojimbo Special Edition? If so, I'm just kind of worried about everyone who could be interested in my second copy maybe buying it when it goes up on IST...

Is Walter simonson any good? A signed book by him was the other raffle I entered.

Only one of the greatest writers/artists to work in the medium. (I am only basing this off 1.5 of his works that I have read but I don't see my opinion changing). Which book is in the raffle?

It's my brother's 22nd birthday and I'll be sending him some comics from Amazon.

He loved: Locke & Key, Blankets, Planetary, QU33R The Sculptor, Sex Crims, Deadly Class...

Thinking about getting him: Sunstone 1-3, Fun Home, and something else. Maybe a humor book like Hark, A Vagrant for variety's sake. Also eying up Arival. I read lots of image books and lend then to him so I'm trying to stay away from that for now as well.

He likes the intellectual or literary stuff, but also well done sci fi and pulp. Happens to be gay so he might be more receptive to something showing that lifestyle. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated!

How about Daytripper?

http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/DC/DAYTRIPPER-TP-(MR)/NOV100268

frye

http://www.vertigocomics.com/graphic-novels/enigma

This is probably the book you want my dude

Boogiepop

Okay, so is anyone in here interested in the Usagi Yojimbo Special Edition (the nice box set of all of the Fantagraphics stuff, the stuff the comes before the "Saga" releases)? My extra copy is up for sale, and I'm willing to undercut IST, so please shoot me a PM if you're interested.

(Sorry for being more public, but I haven't gotten a response to the second PM yet...)

Are you definitely out on the Usagi Yojimbo Special Edition? If so, I'm just kind of worried about everyone who could be interested in my second copy maybe buying it when it goes up on IST...
sorry bud! replied to your last PM.

Only one of the greatest writers/artists to work in the medium. (I am only basing this off 1.5 of his works that I have read but I don't see my opinion changing). Which book is in the raffle?

How about Daytripper?

http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/DC/DAYTRIPPER-TP-(MR)/NOV100268
Star slammers complete collection of looks like. Wish I would put it in that instead valiant out whatever the hell it's called :/
Okay, so is anyone in here interested in the Usagi Yojimbo Special Edition (the nice box set of all of the Fantagraphics stuff, the stuff the comes before the "Saga" releases)? My extra copy is up for sale, and I'm willing to undercut IST, so please shoot me a PM if you're interested.
I might be interested if ed isn't.

Owzers

my harley statue got delivered to the wrong apartment building's doorstep....but i snooped around retrieved it.

I don't see any huge problems, just very small nitpicky stuff, biggest is that her neck isn't flush in the separation, looks too separated compared to other statues online of the one i got.

Messi

Also also uh...

He wants it to continue as he did from the start but sales of singles didn't support it. He says if the trade sells and he can make the numbers work he has more stories to tell with these characters.

Vol 1 has 8 issues.

Welcome to the community. We will fix the Harley Quinn problem later.

How do you feel about Olivia Wilde?

Are you Team Ally or Team Lisa?

Edit: sillymonkey321;176151507 lovely avatar lol. It's gonna take me time to make gifs.

Boogiepop

So looking at IST's update: how did that Big Thunder Mountain book turn out anyway? And wasn't there another one or two books related to Disney rides like that? I recall discussion about them being announced at least a while back. Also, there's a Damage Control Complete Collection in there, how is that?

you talk about stuff you've read and enjoyed.

It's fun when you come across someone who seems to share a number of your favorites. In this case it's BKV, Image in general, Batwoman, and Gotham Central. thanks for sharing how you got into comics.

I'd take a look at a collection by Adrian Tomine. He does a lot of slice of life stuff. Judging by your brother's tastes, I'm guessing he might like it. You too, maybe.

Are you Team Ally or Team Lisa?

Who are Ally and Lisa?

Top Bottom