• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Tizoc

S1 is six glorious issues

Yasssssss
Gonna pre-order along with one or two TF tpbs
Or wait no.
My sister's b-day is in January and I want to get her a comic book (she's 20), which is better
Nimona
I kill Giants

I'm leaning towards Nimona unless there's a book you fellows would suggest.

Vol 1,so it's not over yet? I thought it was gonna be 6 or 8 issues and that's it,at least I think that's the way it was listed a couple of months ago when I checked.

Also hi! :p
I was searching for comics community,but it was hard to find since you've changed it from Games! OT where one would normally find it.

Also also uh...
-Harley is alright I guess,only read first vol
-Not a huge fan of either Quitely or the other dude whose name I'm currently blanking on (was it Pulido?)
-Haven't touched any Valiant yet
-Pancakes,but we make it a bit differently where I'm from,its way more thinner and we or at least I dont eat it with syrup
-I'm from europe,but Trump 2016! i guess?
-oh and I've also read sunstone ,yes
You forgot the most important question: How do you feel about Grant Morrison's works?

(Welcome, and I like your name/avatar!)

Li Kao

Good God, a huge Vertigo sale when I'm broke, that's just fantastic...

*go brood in a corner*

Oh yeah, any feedback on Survivor's Club ? The pitch is original (but at first glance very close to 'We are all completely fine' by Daryl Gregory ) and the few pages I saw were nice.
I have high hopes for the new Vertigo batch, feels like an eternity that the line has been treated with respect.

You forgot the most important question: How do you feel about Grant Morrison's works?
Ah yes,he's one of the dudes I havent read anything from yet bar the few images you guys have been posting throughout the years,not gonna lie,I was kinda wary of starting one of his books after hearing his works are hard to understand,I remember when you guys were clueless/slowly piecing Pax Americana together :p

Though lately I've been fighting those comic burnouts as well,just cant seem to muster up the energy to start reading anything except for some of my favorite ongoings on wednesdays,backlog of shame starting to build up

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Ah yes,he's one of the dudes I havent read anything from yet bar the few images you guys have been posting throughout the years,not gonna lie,I was kinda wary of starting one of his books after hearing his works are hard to understand,I remember when you guys were clueless/slowly piecing Pax Americana together :p

Though lately I've been fighting those comic burnouts as well,just cant seem to muster up the energy to start reading anything except for some of my favorite ongoings on wednesdays,backlog of shame starting to build up
Buy Batman & Robin ASAP!

Shaanyboi

Banned

I recently finished reading through the entirety of Grant Morrison's run. Batman and Robin is probably the most accessible books of his run, and needs pretty minimal context (Batman died by killing Darkseid, but maybe he's not actually dead... either way, Dick Grayson and Damian are making due.)

MG310

Looks like they're going past that initial lineup we've seen already. I miss his dumb Wolverine hair but it's a nice looking figure.

12095076_1203628849653509_6346868240315373366_o.jpg

At least we're getting some X-Men merchandise. Hasbro showed off an awesome Jim Lee Rogue at NYCC too. Plus they're going to slip the original Onslaught head in somewhere after saying that the figure was only getting Red Skull head at SDCC.

Yasssssss
Gonna pre-order along with one or two TF tpbs
Or wait no.
My sister's b-day is in January and I want to get her a comic book (she's 20), which is better
Nimona
I kill Giants

I'm leaning towards Nimona unless there's a book you fellows would suggest.
havent read Nimona but either would be perfect but don't cheap out. send love to your sister by getting both

Messi

I liked her in House and for I guess what little part she had in Her,cant remember much from Tron and Team Lisa for me.

Hmmmm iIneed to process this.

Team Ally is the best team.

It's fun when you come across someone who seems to share a number of your favorites. In this case it's BKV, Image in general, Batwoman, and Gotham Central. thanks for sharing how you got into comics.

I'd take a look at a collection by Adrian Tomine. He does a lot of slice of life stuff. Judging by your brother's tastes, I'm guessing he might like it. You too, maybe.

Who are Ally and Lisa?

Sunstone leads

No worries, just curious! His work can seem intimidating but not everything is Pax Americana or Final Crisis. Stuff like We3 and All-Star Superman are pretty accessible. Thunderworld was super easy to follow too.

I go through ups and downs on reading too. My backlog of trades is... Pretty awful. I'm not consistent at all. If something grips me (Doom Patrol, Hellboy, Batgirl) then I'll blaze through it though.

CreditCardYOLO week continues...

So far:

2 Daniel Danger art prints
1 Matt Ferguson Fury Road art print
Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone DLC (PS4)
The Talos Principle (PS4)
Dragon Quest Heroes (PS4)
Legend of Legacy (3DS)
Star Wars Marvel Covers HC
Death Vigil TPB
Satellite Sam Omnibus

tumblr_m084y3qKZw1rom9flo1_500.gif

...and not a single PVC waifu purchase.

Right,thanks!

Btw anyone read Queen & Country,how is it? After Elegy/Gotham Central,i started looking up Rucka's works as well,read Stumptown,Whiteout and Lazarus + looking forward to his new stuff this month

Queen & Country is quite brilliant. I hate to boil it down to this, but imagine a James Bond series with M and Q and the other agents getting equal time and coverage. Some very fascinating and well written characters.

Right,thanks!

Btw anyone read Queen & Country,how is it? After Elegy/Gotham Central,i started looking up Rucka's works as well,read Stumptown,Whiteout and Lazarus + looking forward to his new stuff this month
I have the first volume. I've never read it though :x it looks nice
Hawkguy omnibus and Multiversity hardcover next week!

OH NO MY FIGHT MONEY
Hawkeye Omni is that close? Fuuuck, I want both of those

I'm still doing the Hawkeye reading club around OHC 2 btw guys

Just finished Doctor Strange. First solo comic of his I've read and I enjoyed it a lot. Good sense of humour and Bachalo's art's really nice. Definitely picking up the next issue.

OH NO MY FIGHT MONEY

Whaaaat? Hawkeye omnibus isn't out until November here.

VanWinkle

OH NO MY FIGHT MONEY

Holy crap, Hawkeye omnibus is $82 on Amazon for a 550 page book?! :eek: That's rough man. DC has been putting out deluxe editions around that length (Swamp Thing and Multiversity) for half the list price of that and about $50 less on Amazon.

zeeaykay

I'd take a look at a collection by Adrian Tomine. He does a lot of slice of life stuff. Judging by your brother's tastes, I'm guessing he might like it. You too, maybe.

Who are Ally and Lisa?

Good call! I own Sleepwalk but I need to pick up his other stuff. Now the words "Pink Frosting" make my skin crawl. And my mouth hurt.

I've got it pre-ordered for £40. Not too bad really seeing most omnibus' retail for about £60+ here.

I've only read the first issue so it'll be completely new.

Still reading through Johns/Tomasi's GL, hit the new 52 point. Really digging these issues where
Sinestro has his green ring again

Question though, what the hell happened to cowgirl? Seems like Hal is going out with Carol but I don't think I've seen her mentioned for like 30 issues. Isamot's Rannian Partner + Iolande and Soranik? Guessing they removed the last one because it aged up Sinestro a bit.

VanWinkle

2 OHCs will cost you $35 only. Same content and page size.

I'm actually wanting to get a few DC deluxe editions, and I love the pricing for what is pretty much a somewhat thin omnibus. I want The New Frontier, Swamp Thing, and Multiversity, all of them in the ~500 page range, and they're only about $27 each.

Queen & Country is quite brilliant. I hate to boil it down to this, but imagine a James Bond series with M and Q and the other agents getting equal time and coverage. Some very fascinating and well written characters.
Nice,I'll add it to my list then definately

Amazon is only terrible in the US,right? I did order twice from their UK division,my books arrived perfectly both times,but after seeing those pictures of bent books you guys posted,I changed to bookdepository (mainly for free shipping though:p).

Owzers

Warning: Get all your comic reading in before the Democratic debate tonight, i can't guarantee you will have any desire to continue living after watching that for two hours.

Top Bottom