• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

VanWinkle

So, since I already paid for Infinite Crisis, I am wondering about the general consensus. did any of you guys like it? I hope I didn't waste my money.

Infinite_Crisis_(collection).png

What minis lead up to it, and are they available in an easy-to-buy form (digital or trade)?
Yes they each have a trade. There's four of them. There was Omac, villains United, day of vengeance, Rann-Thanagar War

Also Adam strange: planet heist. Which Leads into the Rann-Thanagar War. But more importantly it's a great read

So, since I already paid for Infinite Crisis, I am wondering about the general consensus. did any of you guys like it? I hope I didn't waste my money.

I like it, but it's more of a conclusion to a story that started with a bunch of other books. By itself it's not that meaningful and you might even say the characterization is off. Have to read Omac Project at a minimum to get most of the story, but the story really starts in Identity Crisis, then Superman Sacrifice + Crisis of Conscience + Omac Project.

Yes they each have a trade. There's four of them. There was Omac, villains United, day of vengeance, Rann-Thanagar War

Also Adam strange: planet heist. Which Leads into the Rann-Thanagar War. But more importantly it's a great read

I liked Day of Vengeance. Most of them aren't in print anymore though. Omac is available and collects the conclusion of sacrifice with it + countdown to infinite crisis. Villains is collected in Secret Six vol 1. DoV isn't in print, unsure about Rann-Thanagar.

Forgot to mention to read 52 after you're done with IC. It's like the main course after the appetizer.

VanWinkle

I like it, but it's more of a conclusion to a story that started with a bunch of other books. By itself it's not that meaningful and you might even say the characterization is off. Have to read Omac Project at a minimum to get most of the story, but the story really starts in Identity Crisis, then Superman Sacrifice + Crisis of Conscience + Omac Project.

I liked Day of Vengeance. Most of them aren't in print anymore though. Omac is available and collects the conclusion of sacrifice with it + countdown to infinite crisis. Villains is collected in Secret Six vol 1. DoV isn't in print, unsure about Rann-Thanagar.

Forgot to mention to read 52 after you're done with IC. It's like the main course after the appetizer.

I'd love to read 52, but it's such a huge event and I'd pretty much have to buy the omnibus to get it, and it's too expensive for me. :(

Owzers

i'm only interested in Olivia Wilde avatars, statues, and when i'm going to abandon MGS 5 exactly. I barely even try to pay attention to MGS's story anymore, but i want to, and it bugs me that things are weird. Who are you Miller! Oh no, they got Miller! We need to rescue miller and focus on his sunglasses like i'm watching commercials in between dialog.

I guess comics too...

Squire

Banned
I'm on the fence. The art is really putting me off :/

I hope it's good.

It's really not flattering at a glance, but Stegman's art was fine for the F4 issue he did.

I'd never ever request him, given a choice, but he's fine in practice/on a panel to panel basis.

Dalek

I just read Marvel 1985 for the first time. Pretty good-one of my favorite things I've read by Millar-it has a lot more heart than I'm accustomed to reading from him.

It's really not flattering at a glance, but Stegman's art was fine for the F4 issue he did.

I'd never ever request him, given a choice, but he's fine in practice/on a panel to panel basis.

His previous work was fine. It was enjoyable in Superior Spider-Man and I like what I've seen from Inhuman. His work for Uncanny Avengers looks... Off. Like he's trying a new style but it just doesn't quite work out for him.

I just finished Hellboy Library Edition 6 which wraps up the main stuff for Hellboy for me. What an amazing series this is. I love pretty much everything about it. Now I'm just down to my BPRD 1946-1948 HC and then I have to buy more... This has been a rather expensive universe but it was SO worth it. It's been just wonderful.

If anyone wants to get into a new series, I cannot recommend Hellboy and BPRD enough. I've enjoyed every single book I've read and I've read quite a few so far: all of the main Hellboy series, BPRD Plague of Frogs Volumes 1-3, and Hellboy and The BPRD 1952. All great reads.

besada

Banned
Right,thanks!

Btw anyone read Queen & Country,how is it? After Elegy/Gotham Central,i started looking up Rucka's works as well,read Stumptown,Whiteout and Lazarus + looking forward to his new stuff this month
Queen and Country is fucking brilliant. To be fair, I am in love with Rucka. But it's one thing f my favorite of his pieces. Badass British spies killing the shit out of people.

Foofaraw

Read Preacher,the first volume of SiP,Gotham Central which was amazing and would've been such a cool base for the show instead of detective 12 yr old Bruce and emo penguin.

ONE OF US!

ComicsGAF, I want to get Invisibles, but I can't decide if I want to go with the Deluxe Editions or the Omnibus. Am I missing anything in one version over another? I am also probably buying the Planetary Omnibus at some point soon. Maybe I need to pick up this Sunstone thing, too? I hadn't heard of it before.

Hellers

Bought 10 volumes of Hellblazer in the sale. I think I`ve only ever read the first 2 before. Also wanted Transmet to replace my paper copies but it`s the worst time for them to have an amazing sale for me. Dammit Comixology. Wait until I gets paid next time.

Lol, wow, TransMet is raunchy and I love it!

Yeah ive been meaning to getting the next volume, its definitely a unique book.

A great man once said...
"I liked the first Transmetropolitan tpb,, it was fun and raunchy"

At my campus bookstore and this caught my eye:
Is it any good? I'm tempted to make this the first physical comic I've ever bought
I did read this mini series. I liked it, its different tho.. from what I remember a little twisted and trippy
.. I think trippy

ive never heard of this book but I did hear Pires walked up to Ulises Farinas at a con to tell him he aint shit

thats all i know lol
haha

The only time I'll ever care about Squirrel Girl:
Dat fur.

I was pretty sure I was the only one who didn't care lol

But yeah this is awesome

Mindwipe

Bought 10 volumes of Hellblazer in the sale. I think I`ve only ever read the first 2 before. Also wanted Transmet to replace my paper copies but it`s the worst time for them to have an amazing sale for me. Dammit Comixology. Wait until I gets paid next time.

Seriously. Wasn't the last Vertigo sale about the same time after NYCC?

It's the week after everyone is skint. Do it like two weeks later and I might well have bought all of it I don't already have.

ElNarez

Banned
I know some of y'all were worried about the transition to ANAD Marvel, and I'm happy to report that it's gone smoothly. For instance, Uncanny Avengers is just as dogshit as it was under Remender.

GOD that book is fucking awful. It's not just that Stegman's drawing everyone like they're melting, it's that the tone is all over the place, it tries doing multiple things at once without even bothering to do introductions correctly, and also : Rogue is still alive and well in it.

IT'S FUCKING TERRIBLE DON'T BOTHER.

It's one of my favorite events. I feel like it was the last legitimately great/top tier company wide event. Tbh when I first read it I had the tpb and hadn't read Identity Crisis etc but as people said...it's the culmination of a few years of storytelling in the DCU of the time. You should enjoy it anyway but to get the full effect/picture you might need additional reading.

Yeah ive been meaning to getting the next volume, its definitely a unique book.

A great man once said...

I did read this mini series. I liked it, its different tho.. from what I remember a little twisted and trippy
.. I think trippy

haha

I was pretty sure I was the only one who didn't care lol

But yeah this is awesome

Ha, that word probably got subconsciously stuck in my head when I first read it.

I know some of y'all were worried about the transition to ANAD Marvel, and I'm happy to report that it's gone smoothly. For instance, Uncanny Avengers is just as dogshit as it was under Remender.

GOD that book is fucking awful. It's not just that Stegman's drawing everyone like they're melting, it's that the tone is all over the place, it tries doing multiple things at once without even bothering to do introductions correctly, and also : Rogue is still alive and well in it.

Thanks for the review. No buy.

At no stage have I thought ANAD Uncanny Avengers looked good. It'll surely sell on name alone though?

Top Bottom