• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

ElNarez

Banned
okay Captain America is legit

Is D-Man the Most Nick Spencer character or what, though? Like, it's the kind of pull that makes sense, sure, but it's one you'd have to have a pretty well documented affection for the losers of the Marvel U to make. And I love it.

Hagi

I refuse to believe Cap hype. Nope.

image.php

It's dogshit buy Switch instead.

I just did.

tumblr_msw6k7CaAI1riu06po1_400.gif
You rascal
We still excited about Ultimates?
Goddamned right
I know some of y'all were worried about the transition to ANAD Marvel, and I'm happy to report that it's gone smoothly. For instance, Uncanny Avengers is just as dogshit as it was under Remender.

GOD that book is fucking awful. It's not just that Stegman's drawing everyone like they're melting, it's that the tone is all over the place, it tries doing multiple things at once without even bothering to do introductions correctly, and also : Rogue is still alive and well in it.

IT'S FUCKING TERRIBLE DON'T BOTHER.
EINarez

The loud and angry one
When is my girl Jane Thor back?

Can't wait.
Frreal
jane thor and falcon cap? hmmm

not bad marvel

could have been old man steve rogers and old king thor but not bad
Imma triple dog dare Marvel to do it

Skottie Young to draw it

Went to the shop to get my indie books and I picked up the new Skottie Young book and when I got to the counter, they asked if I wanted to switch out for the variant at no extra cost.

x9zFjpe.jpg

Went to the shop to get my indie books and I picked up the new Skottie Young book and when I got to the counter, they asked if I wanted to switch out for the variant at no extra cost.

x9zFjpe.jpg

This is awesome,, I want it for the cover.
I didn't realize Scottie Young was doing an image book

edit: after google search I see its not called Fuck Fairyland lol

Dalek

I know some of y'all were worried about the transition to ANAD Marvel, and I'm happy to report that it's gone smoothly. For instance, Uncanny Avengers is just as dogshit as it was under Remender.

GOD that book is fucking awful. It's not just that Stegman's drawing everyone like they're melting, it's that the tone is all over the place, it tries doing multiple things at once without even bothering to do introductions correctly, and also : Rogue is still alive and well in it.

IT'S FUCKING TERRIBLE DON'T BOTHER.

I'm here to report that you are correct. What the fuck is up with this art. "Melting" is a perfect way to put it.

I knew it was coming but it kinda snuck up on me.

Check your PMs

Yeah I seriously just ordered that Fuck Fairyland variant online (reg price) hahah
I'm not a crazy S. Young fan,, but man that cover is great.

Also ordered Annihilator #6,,, I don't know why but my lcs never got it for me,, I re-read the first 5 issues all excited tooo,. gonna have to re-re-read em

Yeah I seriously just order that Fuck Fairyland variant online (reg price) hahah
I'm not a crazy S. Young fan,, but man that cover is great.

Also ordered Annihilator #6,,, I don't know why but my lcs never got it for me,, I re-read the first 5 issues all excited tooo,. gonna have to re-re-read em

It was a good book, good ending.

Reminder, Lumberjanes fans, there's a one-shot out today called Lumberjanes Beyond Bayleaf.

My list for today:

Switch #1
Day Men #8
Twilight Children #1 of 4

I looked at the preview for I Hate Fairyland #1 and decided against it. Not my flavor of dark.

Waiting on reactions to Spider-Gwen #1 and Spider-man 2099 #1. A real life friend of mine reads Spider-Gwen and I'd like something comics related to talk to him about. Also might grab New Avengers #1 if folks love it up. The preview looked good.

Luigi87

Well got Batman #45 from ComiXology, and went out and picked up Spider-Gwen #1, as well as Amazing Spider-Man #1 from last week... remembering how much the Canadian dollar hurts.

Looking forward to reading Gwen, and still self-hating that I never got issue #5 from the first run =/

Cheska

Ugggh, read new comics or play more Uncharted ;_;

Messi, I bought Death Vigil. And Sunstone vol 3. AND I have Switch in my comixology cart.

Hagi

because Sandoval is awesome and we are not all millenials that hate anime because its cool to hate anime these days for reasons?

that's quite the leap lol you should write for Bleeding Cool

I haven't got round to reading New Avengers yet but can't say I like the designs outside of Squirrel Girl. Wiccan looks like he's on some mad HGH.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I like Sandoval but strongly dislike anime. What do.

I was obviously joking about the millenials thing, but I have noticed a trend of people these days hating anime also hating artists like sandoval / joe mad etc. Its the same trend as people these days (fuck it, ill just say it, younger people) shouting "furry" at anything that is a antropomorphic animal, and my old ass is thinking "but...but...disney Robin Hood and what not, was that also furry?"

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Squirrel Girl is For furrys!

Edit: Oh man, I remember watching Robin Hood a couple of months ago and was a little bit scarred how attracted my cousin seemed to Robin :D its scarry.

frye

I was obviously joking about the millenials thing, but I have noticed a trend of people these days hating anime also hating artists like sandoval / joe mad etc. Its the same trend as people these days (fuck it, ill just say it, younger people) shouting "furry" at anything that is a antropomorphic animal, and my old ass is thinking "but...but...disney Robin Hood and what not, was that also furry?"

It's furry as heck, yeah

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
does Y The Last Man "work" as a tv show? because its coming to FX aparently

Red Hood/Arsenal continues to be dumb, but in an entertaining fashion. Every week I mention how dumb this book is, and that's because it's really quite dumb. Jason
not actually going toe to toe
with RoBats was disappointing. Still, glad the Underbelly thing is wrapped up, because I've got good a good feeling about this next bunch.

I do wish that the whole "loser heroes for hire" thing got played with more, so far they've not done much actual case work.

Oh, and the art continues to improve, even though Roy's mask still looks dopey.

Hagi

...my first thought after I read this was that you touched her there. Oh man.

Some people do much worse with their statues, much worse.

I watched an episode of Sonic Boom yesterday (I was babysitting) and it made me want to yell at clouds.

I'm kinda surprised that it has lasted 47 episodes, the generic Sonic Archie comics seem pretty popular as well. Can't say I've ever been a fan of Sonic so the endless terrible games have never bothered me like it does others. The fan stuff I've seen for Sonic is quite terrifying.

Top Bottom