• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Sadist

I know some of y'all were worried about the transition to ANAD Marvel, and I'm happy to report that it's gone smoothly. For instance, Uncanny Avengers is just as dogshit as it was under Remender.

GOD that book is fucking awful. It's not just that Stegman's drawing everyone like they're melting, it's that the tone is all over the place, it tries doing multiple things at once without even bothering to do introductions correctly, and also : Rogue is still alive and well in it.

IT'S FUCKING TERRIBLE DON'T BOTHER.
Good, I can skip it.

Zombine

Banned
I'm sorry for your loss. That's five bucks you're never getting back.

Hey man if you spend $5 on a marvel book you're doing it wrong. I'll consider that one of my freebies. It does look like trash though.

I read X-Men 100th and survived. I can make it through anything.

His previous work was fine. It was enjoyable in Superior Spider-Man and I like what I've seen from Inhuman. His work for Uncanny Avengers looks... Off. Like he's trying a new style but it just doesn't quite work out for him.

I just finished Hellboy Library Edition 6 which wraps up the main stuff for Hellboy for me. What an amazing series this is. I love pretty much everything about it. Now I'm just down to my BPRD 1946-1948 HC and then I have to buy more... This has been a rather expensive universe but it was SO worth it. It's been just wonderful.

If anyone wants to get into a new series, I cannot recommend Hellboy and BPRD enough. I've enjoyed every single book I've read and I've read quite a few so far: all of the main Hellboy series, BPRD Plague of Frogs Volumes 1-3, and Hellboy and The BPRD 1952. All great reads.

I've been shocked at the quality of Witchfinder vol 1 & 2. Far from just remote unconnected tie ins, they have some critical stuff in them but, more importantly, they are some of the best stories in the entire Hellboyverse. Two totally untouched areas, Victorian England and The Wild West (!!!), each with really interesting, and often moving, stories.

Even when they try to make pointless stories, they turn out essential.

Nothing tops the Hellboyverse. Nothing stops the Hellboyverse.

Messi

Death Vigil is 14$ on IST for 8 issues, 288 pages of awesome. Throw it in with your next order. I promise you won't be let down. Messi seal of heart and hijinks.

I know some of y'all were worried about the transition to ANAD Marvel, and I'm happy to report that it's gone smoothly. For instance, Uncanny Avengers is just as dogshit as it was under Remender.

Shaq-points-laughs-and-leaves-press-conference.gif

Comics are for everybody guys. Lol

$24.99?

Shaq-points-laughs-and-leaves-press-conference.gif

But that Deadly Class shirt though.

Read Batman #45. Might be the weakest story Snyder has done with the character. It's not bad, it's actually pretty decent, but still his weakest work. I kinda feel it's been dragging a bit.

Pleasant surprise with Superman Louis and Clark. That was actually fun to read. You get to see what they were up to during the first Justice League arc all the way up to now.

Started Arkham Asylum this afternoon after buying it in the Comixology sale a few weeks ago. I was expecting it to be dark but
Amadeus' daughter being raped and her head stuck in a dolls house
was pretty shocking.

Love & Rockets Locas #no-clue-what-the-numbering-system-is: This is all kinds of amazing. Loved the characters introduced. Loved the world which seems so familiar yet turns on a dime to give us the surreal. (Rocket mechanics, hover cycles, live dinosaurs, tin-pot dictators). The art is pretty awesome too.

Messi, have you read this? It seems like something you might like. A lot more Hijinks in the first part but supposed to be more about Love and Hijinks as the series moves forward.

So, since I already paid for Infinite Crisis, I am wondering about the general consensus. did any of you guys like it? I hope I didn't waste my money.

[IG]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/dc/Infinite_Crisis_(collection).png[/IMG]

The little I've read of it was where it interfered with Rucka's Wonder Woman run, so I am prejudiced against it. Will read it sometime though. General consensus seems to be that it is decent.

ONE OF US!

ComicsGAF, I want to get Invisibles, but I can't decide if I want to go with the Deluxe Editions or the Omnibus. Am I missing anything in one version over another? I am also probably buying the Planetary Omnibus at some point soon. Maybe I need to pick up this Sunstone thing, too? I hadn't heard of it before.

Go with the deluxe editions. The omnibus is a bit too large (and that's coming from someone who loves omnibuses). Added benefit that if you dislike the series like I did, you are only out the price of 1/4th of the book.

Hagi

Captain America was great, I never read the Remender stuff but this I like. I can already tell who might be behind those bad guys and it's hilarious and I love it.

Uncanny Avengers was alright not sure what the fuss is about calling it dogshit and such. I actually don't mind the art.

Guardians of the Galaxy was good, team bendis keeps delivering. Ben joining the team is something I am firmly behind.

Zombine

Banned
the what?

Oh wow it's not even up yet. They unveiled it at NYCC at the Marvel Q&A panel the cover for like...Captain America #4 or whatever, and it's Falcon and Jane flying in the sky kissing. It's a stunning cover. You'll lose your shit.

Edit: It's All-New All Different Avengers #4. No pics online yet...I should have taken some :/

Hang tight for the preview.

ONE OF US!

ComicsGAF, I want to get Invisibles, but I can't decide if I want to go with the Deluxe Editions or the Omnibus. Am I missing anything in one version over another? I am also probably buying the Planetary Omnibus at some point soon. Maybe I need to pick up this Sunstone thing, too? I hadn't heard of it before.

I don't think the Omnibus has anything the Deluxe Editions don't have. It's also beyond gigantic, even for an omnibus, so the smaller Deluxe Editions probably make a lot more sense.

And yes, get Sunstone.

Messi

Captain America was great, I never read the Remender stuff but this I like. I can already tell who might be behind those bad guys and it's hilarious and I love it.

Uncanny Avengers was alright not sure what the fuss is about calling it dogshit and such. I actually don't mind the art.

Guardians of the Galaxy was good, team bendis keeps delivering. Ben joining the team is something I am firmly behind.

It wouldn't be like ElNarez to be hyperbolic and impulsive...

Oh wow it's not even up yet. They unveiled at NYCC at the Marvel Q&A panel the cover for like...Captain America #4 or whatever, and it's Falcon and Jane flying in the sky kissing. It's a stunning cover. You'll lose your shit.

Edit: It's All-New All Different Avengers #4. No pics online yet...I should have taken some :/

wait jane foster jane?

THOR?

Hagi

Oh wow it's not even up yet. They unveiled at NYCC at the Marvel Q&A panel the cover for like...Captain America #4 or whatever, and it's Falcon and Jane flying in the sky kissing. It's a stunning cover. You'll lose your shit.

I hope this is just a bullshit cover thing because this first issue of Captain America has him set up with a perfect love interest, perfect I say!

It wouldn't be like ElNarez to be hyperbolic and impulsive...

haha I suppose you are right

Zombine

Banned
aww damn that's lame i really like what they are setting up with his new series

Yeah they weren't like "Ooooo tune in to find out more ;)" they were like "Yeah. They're a couple. Suck it, racists."

Legit shocked no pics came out. Was it against panel rules? Lol I have no idea.

Hagi

Yeah they weren't like "Ooooo tune in to find out more ;)" they were like "Yeah. They're a couple. Suck it, racists."

It will be interesting to see how it develops in his own book, hopefully it doesn't mean the excision of a certain character because that would be a shame. :(

I have yet to read Chewbacca but Captain America is likely my book of the week and I don't think that's been the case since Brubaker was on it.

Legit shocked no pics came out. Was it against panel rules? Lol I have no idea.

yeah i waded through the >YECCCHHH< BC report of that panel and no pics of that cover.

Zombine

Banned
yeah i waded through the >YECCCHHH< BC report of that panel and no pics of that cover.

It's Alex Ross I believe. Really stunning. The sun is setting and they're in NYC and the sun is setting. They're really close up to the "camera" and they're all twisted around one another.

Top Bottom